Minnesota Postgame Thread

KDB

23 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

If smith is leading this team we are F#"^'j. And absolutely whats wrong with us the last two years

Smith needs to buy into his role.  Play D, rebound, and limit his offense to in transition, putbacks and only take a jumper if he is wide open at the end of the shot clock.  He also needs to commit to being a 4 also.  He doesn't have much of a motor and those typically aren't  developed. You either have one or you don't.  I would rather a bought in Justin Smith playing his senior year at IU, than elsewhere.  

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Absurd you think Archie would allow a cancer to be on the team this long. Absurd. 

That’s your opinion.  I have mine.  Seen many a team with kids that were bad for the team start all 4 years and even lead the team in points, still were bad for the team chemistry.  It happens all the time.  No need to reply to me.  We differ in opinions that is all.

13 minutes ago, Hard Hat said:

That’s your opinion.  I have mine.  Seen many a team with kids that were bad for the team start all 4 years and even lead the team in points, still were bad for the team chemistry.  It happens all the time.  No need to reply to me.  We differ in opinions that is all.

So you think Archie would allow it? You have no inside info, or none you've mentioned. Pretty odd stance you're taking. 

Cancers dont play the defense Smith plays. Cancers dont rebound as well as Smith rebounds. 

1 hour ago, Hard Hat said:

Just watched the video on twitter of Smith telling TJD to shut the F.. up.  Beginning of the game when Trayce was telling Smith to Dunk it. Can’t wait for that guy to be gone.

Did you see after the game where Smith and TJD was smiling and talking on the way to the locker room.  You here that kind of talk on the courts all the time so it is not a big deal if that was what was even said.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm surprised people are making an issue of it honestly. That sort of thing gets said so often. Guess people need to find something to complain about. 

As in many cases it’s not what was said it’s how it was said.. I thought the body language and how he said it was not good.  All in all not that big of a deal but it may give you a little glimpse of what some of our upperclassmen are like to deal with 

13 minutes ago, Reacher said:

After the TJD dunk, I'd say this was the play of the game- https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=28740257

Pretty much sums up the night. We played with intensity and shut down big bad Oturu. Props to Jerome!

I thought TJD drawing that charge on Oturu was a heady play.  He set him up for that call, it was good seeing one of our guys playing chess when the opponent was playing checkers.

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You mean you're not enroute to Auburn, Alabama to pick up Bruce Pearl?

Oh, wait...He got "Creaned."

Screenshot_20200220-083140~2.png

Won't be an instant classic. GA won shooting 37% overall, 26% from 3 (7-27), 67% FTs (16-24) with 15 TOs.

Auburn, against a GA team that has perfected the Matador defense this season, shot 31% overall, 15% from 3 (4-26), 69% FTs (9-13), with 15 TOs and 6 assists.

And the NET rears it's head. Get this comment from Pearl:

Pearl also knows losing by double digits at Georgia won't look good when the NCAA Tournament selection committee assigns seeds. He bemoaned missed late opportunities which would have made the final score look better.

"We had a chance to cut it to five, and a five-point loss on the road looks better than a 10-point loss," Pearl said.

31 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So you think Archie would allow it? You have no inside info, or none you've mentioned. Pretty odd stance you're taking. 

Cancers dont play the defense Smith plays. Cancers dont rebound as well as Smith rebounds. 

And when I was playing sports, if my friends didn't say something like Justin said to TJD once in a while, I would have thought they were pissed at me...

No big deal...

51 minutes ago, Hard Hat said:

Yeah terrible teammate. 🙄🤦‍♂️

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I look back and jus think if we held on and won the games at home against Arkansas and Maryland we would be talking more about seeding than just getting into the tournament.

I hope for a day when we dont have to even worry if we get in and our only concern is seeding. 

45 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You mean you're not enroute to Auburn, Alabama to pick up Bruce Pearl?

Oh, wait...He got "Creaned."

Screenshot_20200220-083140~2.png

22-4 and coming off a FF.  We just beat an NIT bound Minnesota team with by far the worst coach in the league.  I wouldn’t toot your horn just yet.  If we lose Sunday it won’t mean much.

Archived