Minnesota Postgame Thread

KDB

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I look back and jus think if we held on and won the games at home against Arkansas and Maryland we would be talking more about seeding than just getting into the tournament.

Woulda coulda

What if we lost to Nebraska in OT, or not rallied to win a close one over NW, both at home? The what if scenario cuts both ways.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

22-4 and coming off a FF.  We just beat an NIT bound Minnesota team with by far the worst coach in the league.  I wouldn’t toot your horn just yet.  If we lose Sunday it won’t mean much.

I thought according to some that Archie was the worst coach in the league

1 minute ago, Hard Hat said:

You want to start a contest.  One video, I could post 50.  But hey one video makes your case 🤔

Respectfully, your head is dug deep into the sand on this one. There's really no question Smith (and yes, as reflected in the vids you choose to ignore) is happily celebrating TJD's on court play, and has his back. You are trying to make something here of nothing, as recognized by basically everyone else. That's OK, it's your opinion, but it doesn't make it right. 

Just now, Hoosierhoopster said:

Respectfully, your head is dug deep into the sand on this one. There's really no question Smith (and yes, as reflected in the vids you choose to ignore) is happily celebrating TJD's on court play, and has his back. You are trying to make something here of nothing, as recognized by basically everyone else. That's OK, it's your opinion, but it doesn't make it right. 

I’m not making a point on one tweet, It’s on 3 years of watching this guy.  Yes it is my opinion. If it’s different than some it’s like a gang on here.   Unicorns and lollipops or your put up on a cross and burned.  I will bow out.  God forbid people go against the grain.  Go Hoosiers!

17 minutes ago, Hard Hat said:

You want to start a contest.  One video, I could post 50.  But hey one video makes your case 🤔. We have 3 years of  game film we could go through.  C’mon man!

Did you ever just play basketball up at the courts with your friends because I heard a lot worse between friends than what you are complaining about.

Worried for the Penn State game this weekend, I finally am getting my girlfriend to go to her first game this season(it is a tragedy how many students dont go to the games, even though Assembly is usually full its sad how many of my friends are apathetic about this team). If TJD can keep some of this momentum and Devonte plays well I think we could do this. 

17 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

You are the worst.

Wow for pointing out that Pearl is a great coach?  The worst are those that judge a coach based on one game.  Saying Pearl would not be a good hire because of one game is ludicrous.  Much like calling for Archie’s firing immediately after the ISU loss or anointing him the next elite coach after we beat Iowa or Minnesota.

1 hour ago, Hard Hat said:

You want to start a contest.  One video, I could post 50.  But hey one video makes your case 🤔. We have 3 years of  game film we could go through.  C’mon man!

Three years of him playing great defense? Good grief you're reaching. 

What are you even arguing? That he's a bad teammate?

FWIW...lots of people pointed out the Justin thing last night during the game (of course when we were losing by 8). I tried defending him because to me I didn't see him saying it directly to TJD...could have been to anyone...and like most say it isn't a bid deal between teammates...but I caught the usual crap for defending him. I mean this is the same Justin that Trayce raved about helping him learn where to be on defense and what a great teammate he is...guess he is only a good teammate if we win...if we lose throw him under the bus.

Along with TJD's dunk, the charge he took late and Hunter's block on Uturo, I thought another huge play in the game was Smith's chasedown block on a wide open fast break layup Minny had in the second half. You could feel that play was a big momentum changer, and it was a play that most guys would have given up on and just let Minny score on. It was a great effort by Smith to chase it down, Phinisee to then get back to disrupt the rebound putback after the block, and TJD to hustle back and grab the board after the putback was missed. 

Great effort by all three guys, led by Smith not giving up on a play. 

17 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Along with TJD's dunk, the charge he took late and Hunter's block on Uturo, I thought another huge play in the game was Smith's chasedown block on a wide open fast break layup Minny had in the second half. You could feel that play was a big momentum changer, and it was a play that most guys would have given up on and just let Minny score on. It was a great effort by Smith to chase it down, Phinisee to then get back to disrupt the rebound putback after the block, and TJD to hustle back and grab the board after the putback was missed. 

Great effort by all three guys, led by Smith not giving up on a play. 

This...and I would say everyone pretty much after the early bad start gave that effort all night. It's contagious when guys hustle. I don't know why we can't get that as the norm with an occasional let down but hopefully it becomes the norm. Someone needs to tell these kids floor burns are sexy lol....maybe have a cheerleader deliver the message lol.

24 minutes ago, dgambill said:

FWIW...lots of people pointed out the Justin thing last night during the game (of course when we were losing by 8). I tried defending him because to me I didn't see him saying it directly to TJD...could have been to anyone...and like most say it isn't a bid deal between teammates...but I caught the usual crap for defending him. I mean this is the same Justin that Trayce raved about helping him learn where to be on defense and what a great teammate he is...guess he is only a good teammate if we win...if we lose throw him under the bus.

This whole thing is much ado about nothing. Anyone who is making a big deal out of it likely never played competitive sports. Stuff like this happens all the time in the heat of the moment, and rarely if ever means anything or lingers past the moment.

9 minutes ago, madmax said:

This whole thing is much ado about nothing. Anyone who is making a big deal out of it likely never played competitive sports. Stuff like this happens all the time in the heat of the moment, and rarely if ever means anything or lingers past the moment.

Man when we played pickup games and something like this did not happen it was a huge surprise.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Man when we played pickup games and something like this did not happen it was a huge surprise.

Agreed...heck I still don't even know he even said it to one of our guys...could as easily been to one of Minnesota's guys said something and he responded when passing by.

Archived