Minnesota Postgame Thread

KDB

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Agreed...heck I still don't even know he even said it to one of our guys...could as easily been to one of Minnesota's guys said something and he responded when passing by.

Exactly. A smart player isn't going to say STFU directly to the opponent, that's how you get T'd up. It's just as likely he was saying it to someone on Minny, but was smart enough to not say it directly at him. 

Either way, it's completely a non-issue. 

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Wow for pointing out that Pearl is a great coach?  The worst are those that judge a coach based on one game.  Saying Pearl would not be a good hire because of one game is ludicrous.  Much like calling for Archie’s firing immediately after the ISU loss or anointing him the next elite coach after we beat Iowa or Minnesota.

You must not see how you come off to people. Enjoy the victory, instead you've already decided it won't matter lol. Worst type of fan, seriously makes me not enjoy being a hoosier. Find a hobby, this isn't for you.

1 minute ago, CapnRon said:

You must not see how you come off to people. Enjoy the victory, instead you've already decided it won't matter lol. Worst type of fan, seriously makes me not enjoy being a hoosier. Find a hobby, this isn't for you.

Fans like that would rather be proven right than actually be happy and enjoy a win.  Nobody is saying this win has turned everything around but why not enjoy the process instead of worrying about the destination.  He doesn't like Archie and thinks he should be fired and wants him gone so he wants to show people he was right

45 minutes ago, madmax said:

This whole thing is much ado about nothing. Anyone who is making a big deal out of it likely never played competitive sports. Stuff like this happens all the time in the heat of the moment, and rarely if ever means anything or lingers past the moment.

This.  I would add this thought:  If talking $#!+ to your teammates helped them bring an edge to fight harder, then I hope Justin (or anyone) tells them all to STFU, GFY, and even FYATHYRIO.  We battled last night better than in any game I can remember the last 2 years.  Let these guys play off one another however they must, in order to stop rolling over when we get punched in the mouth.   STFU indeed!

3 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

22-4 and coming off a FF.  We just beat an NIT bound Minnesota team with by far the worst coach in the league.  I wouldn’t toot your horn just yet.  If we lose Sunday it won’t mean much.

Not tooting anything counselor...just throwing a little cold water on your man-crush...

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I know Oturu has ha da  great year and maybe last night was just an off night for him but he is no where near the player Garza is.

IU staff scouted him well.  Most of the time he was backing down TJD, a guard would step in and swipe at the ball.  It was very disruptive and you could see Oturu was thinking about it even when it wasn't happening.

He's an excellent player.  What you saw was even better preparation to defend him.

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Wow for pointing out that Pearl is a great coach?  The worst are those that judge a coach based on one game.  Saying Pearl would not be a good hire because of one game is ludicrous.  Much like calling for Archie’s firing immediately after the ISU loss or anointing him the next elite coach after we beat Iowa or Minnesota.

Agree that too many people make too much out of single wins and losses (I'll include you there, counselor).  I've adopted an end of the season look-back without judging too much in the interim.  One thing I can say for certain is that this year's team will not have a 12/13 losing streak, despite having a wicked conference schedule.

Pearl is a good coach with a few questionable ethics issues in the past.  Other coached have done worse and gotten by with it, but I'd still satisfied to let this coach roll through four full recruiting cycles (next year would be his 3rd Archie class) before deciding if he can coach or not.  I think he can...and I believe it will become more and more evident as time passes.

1 hour ago, CapnRon said:

see, they get on e for not acting like we are all good now and ready to run the table too.  it's not that i don't enjoy winning.  i'm happy about last night for sure.  just because i still have concerns it doesn't mean i'm the worst type of fan.  i just stay a little more steady.  when we lose games i expect to lose, i don't start screaming to fire the coach.  when we get a good win i don't start saying all is good and we're going to win out from here.  i know your comment wasn't pointed at me, but a little harsh to say he's the worst type of fan, makes you not enjoy being a Hoosier, and this board isn't for him maybe?

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

see, they get on e for not acting like we are all good now and ready to run the table too.  it's not that i don't enjoy winning.  i'm happy about last night for sure.  just because i still have concerns it doesn't mean i'm the worst type of fan.  i just stay a little more steady.  when we lose games i expect to lose, i don't start screaming to fire the coach.  when we get a good win i don't start saying all is good and we're going to win out from here.  i know your comment wasn't pointed at me, but a little harsh to say he's the worst type of fan, makes you not enjoy being a Hoosier, and this board isn't for him maybe?

You aren't on the same level at all, I feel the exact same way. It just gets to a point where people start representing our fanbase so poorly that it's bad for the business of iu bball. If my son was looking at schools to play for, I'd hope he'd find a place with more positivity than negativity, and I would check forums like this to form an opinion. This was a great win, and proved there are young guys on this team that could change the current culture. Does that mean everything is fixed now? Absolutely not, but it could be a big step in the right direction.

Saying this win "won't matter after sunday" is the worst possible outlook, and I guarantee sets himself up to root against iu, just to be right.

We don't need that here. Just quit watching if you are that miserable, and quit spreading your misery, it's an evil way to live.

And if anyone wants to reply with the "every fanbase is like this" comment, I'd say, let's hold each other to a higher standard. It's good to be knowledgeable, but better to be reasonable and supportive to our coach and players.

16 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

You aren't on the same level at all, I feel the exact same way. It just gets to a point where people start representing our fanbase so poorly that it's bad for the business of iu bball. If my son was looking at schools to play for, I'd hope he'd find a place with more positivity than negativity, and I would check forums like this to form an opinion. This was a great win, and proved there are young guys on this team that could change the current culture. Does that mean everything is fixed now? Absolutely not, but it could be a big step in the right direction.

Saying this win "won't matter after sunday" is the worst possible outlook, and I guarantee sets himself up to root against iu, just to be right.

We don't need that here. Just quit watching if you are that miserable, and quit spreading your misery, it's an evil way to live.

And if anyone wants to reply with the "every fanbase is like this" comment, I'd say, let's hold each other to a higher standard. It's good to be knowledgeable, but better to be reasonable and supportive to our coach and players.

i get it, but just to be clear, i often look at things pretty pessimistically, but if i predict a loss i never hope i'm right or cheer against the Hoosiers because of it.  

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

21EF244B-D4FE-4C02-9A05-A0BB6E2A1CD1.png

Gosh dang it. I hadn't seen your post yet lol

Furthermore.. when I was playing QB... idk how many times my WRs/OL told me to stfu when I called them out on crap they had done wrong. 

Its family, but families dont always get along.. but they always root for each other. 

4 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Every time I see him I keep imagining him with a pacifier in his mouth! Little Ricky pouts and throws a tantrum and sucks his pacifier until he goes to sleep

Not sure if it was mentioned here or somewhere else. But Pitino was 10x more gracious and complimentative after the game then Izzo has been after our last 3 wins against them. Credit where credit is due.

8 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Regarding Smith saying STFU to Davis.  Jarrod Odle tweeted that he told Fife to F off 4-5 times a game and they are still friends.  Fife responded and said it’s true.  That should squash this crap coming from 2 former players.  I’ll post the tweet if I find it.

Finally some EMOTION from what seemed to be a going through the motions team.  Even if confrontational, JUST what this team needed and it showed Wed night.  Only problem is if they can continue to get pissed and play angry like the game was meant to be played?

12 hours ago, btownqb said:

Gosh dang it. I hadn't seen your post yet lol

Furthermore.. when I was playing QB... idk how many times my WRs/OL told me to stfu when I called them out on crap they had done wrong. 

Its family, but families dont always get along.. but they always root for each other. 

Okay.  you made your point.

Now STFU.  :coffee:

On 2/20/2020 at 11:16 PM, madmax said:

Not sure if it was mentioned here or somewhere else. But Pitino was 10x more gracious and complimentative after the game then Izzo has been after our last 3 wins against them. Credit where credit is due.

You wanna know why Izzo is so bitter to lose to IU?  It’s simple, it makes it 100X harder to recruit the state of INDIANA when you keep losing to INDIANA!!!  Factor in CAM is adamant about keeping the talent in the state, IZZO knows his time is done stealing great Indiana talent!  He liked Tom Crean because Crean didn’t care about the instate talent and made it easier to steal.  Sad thing is Tom Crean didn’t see his best friends intentions but thank GOD CAM does!!!  IZZO about to be washed up!!!!

Archived