Jump to content

Current Recruiting


T-Free20
 Share

Recommended Posts

I can't seem to find any "lists" of our current recruiting situation, so I figured I would ask...

Are we done with the 2020 class? Looking at the scholarship grid, we still have one scholarship available, correct?

Are there any 2021 kids that we are looking at that might reclassify?

Just my two cents, which isn't worth much, I think we take that scholarship and go hard after a grad transfer shooter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, T-Free20 said:

I can't seem to find any "lists" of our current recruiting situation, so I figured I would ask...

Are we done with the 2020 class? Looking at the scholarship grid, we still have one scholarship available, correct?

Are there any 2021 kids that we are looking at that might reclassify?

Just my two cents, which isn't worth much, I think we take that scholarship and go hard after a grad transfer shooter.

I think Archie on his radio show that they will be looking at a lot of things in recruiting when it comes to the 2020 class.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Yes. I don't think he should (for his own sake/ development) but my opinion means little. 

https://hoosierstateofmind.com/2020/01/22/indiana-basketball-hoosiers-top-option-2021-guard-reclassifies/

The article which includes 2021 Kristian Lander talks about a possible reclassification......It was written on January 22, 2020.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I heard somewhere in the IU media--possibly Nick Baumgart--that Lander re-classifying is possible.  Somebody on this board quoted Archie as listing re-classifiers on the list of possible additions.  

Correct.  Nick was way out in front of this in October, filled me in at the time.  Others are catching up now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

If he reclassifies what do you think or chances are to get him.

I don’t think it changes much. Michigan loses Simpson this year and UL has no starting pg next year with losing senior guards too. I don’t know what he feels about playing behind or alongside Rob but he will have to earn his minutes here moreso I would say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Lurker said:

Is he still considered a one and done?  I'm all for upgrading the talent but if someone is reclassifying just to get to the league a year sooner that gives me concerns about possible chemistry problems.

Maybe in his own mind, but from games I've seen him play, he's far from a finished product.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Lurker said:

Is he still considered a one and done?  I'm all for upgrading the talent but if someone is reclassifying just to get to the league a year sooner that gives me concerns about possible chemistry problems.

When a kid reclassifies that becomes much less clear. So only his play on the court would be able to determine that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, dgambill said:

I don’t think it changes much. Michigan loses Simpson this year and UL has no starting pg next year with losing senior guards too. I don’t know what he feels about playing behind or alongside Rob but he will have to earn his minutes here moreso I would say.

Brooks, DeJulius, and Jackson are all candidates to be the point for Michigan next year. They are all 6'0 to 6'2 and they won't play together at all if they can't run the offense at the point. Zeb Jackson will likley be a point guard in college even though some sites have him as a shooting guard. Michigan does have options. 

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Lurker said:

Is he still considered a one and done?  I'm all for upgrading the talent but if someone is reclassifying just to get to the league a year sooner that gives me concerns about possible chemistry problems.

 I would prefer other in-state players from the 2021 class.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...