Current Recruiting

T-Free20

I can't seem to find any "lists" of our current recruiting situation, so I figured I would ask...

Are we done with the 2020 class? Looking at the scholarship grid, we still have one scholarship available, correct?

Are there any 2021 kids that we are looking at that might reclassify?

Just my two cents, which isn't worth much, I think we take that scholarship and go hard after a grad transfer shooter.

1 hour ago, T-Free20 said:

I can't seem to find any "lists" of our current recruiting situation, so I figured I would ask...

Are we done with the 2020 class? Looking at the scholarship grid, we still have one scholarship available, correct?

Are there any 2021 kids that we are looking at that might reclassify?

Just my two cents, which isn't worth much, I think we take that scholarship and go hard after a grad transfer shooter.

I think Archie on his radio show that they will be looking at a lot of things in recruiting when it comes to the 2020 class.

2 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Yes. I don't think he should (for his own sake/ development) but my opinion means little. 

https://hoosierstateofmind.com/2020/01/22/indiana-basketball-hoosiers-top-option-2021-guard-reclassifies/

The article which includes 2021 Kristian Lander talks about a possible reclassification......It was written on January 22, 2020.

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I heard somewhere in the IU media--possibly Nick Baumgart--that Lander re-classifying is possible.  Somebody on this board quoted Archie as listing re-classifiers on the list of possible additions.  

Correct.  Nick was way out in front of this in October, filled me in at the time.  Others are catching up now.

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

If he reclassifies what do you think or chances are to get him.

I don’t think it changes much. Michigan loses Simpson this year and UL has no starting pg next year with losing senior guards too. I don’t know what he feels about playing behind or alongside Rob but he will have to earn his minutes here moreso I would say.

10 hours ago, Lurker said:

Is he still considered a one and done?  I'm all for upgrading the talent but if someone is reclassifying just to get to the league a year sooner that gives me concerns about possible chemistry problems.

Maybe in his own mind, but from games I've seen him play, he's far from a finished product.

13 hours ago, Lurker said:

Is he still considered a one and done?  I'm all for upgrading the talent but if someone is reclassifying just to get to the league a year sooner that gives me concerns about possible chemistry problems.

When a kid reclassifies that becomes much less clear. So only his play on the court would be able to determine that. 

13 hours ago, dgambill said:

I don’t think it changes much. Michigan loses Simpson this year and UL has no starting pg next year with losing senior guards too. I don’t know what he feels about playing behind or alongside Rob but he will have to earn his minutes here moreso I would say.

Brooks, DeJulius, and Jackson are all candidates to be the point for Michigan next year. They are all 6'0 to 6'2 and they won't play together at all if they can't run the offense at the point. Zeb Jackson will likley be a point guard in college even though some sites have him as a shooting guard. Michigan does have options. 

13 hours ago, Lurker said:

I would prefer other in-state players from the 2021 class.

Archived