Player of the Game v. EM?

McSwain - 10 points (3-6), 9 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal

Rob - 18 points (6-8 and 4-6 from arc, 2-2 from stripe), 2 assists to 1 TO, 2 boards

Newkirk - 17 points (6-10 and 5-6 from arc), 4 assists to 1 TO,  3 boards, 2 steals, 1 block

Al Durham - ok on points - 6 (2-6 and 1-2), but 5 assists to -- AGAIN - 0 TO's, in 30 minutes. Point guard of the future? 

And a huge shout out to Collin! We are better with Collin. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

McSwain - 10 points (3-6), 9 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal

Rob - 18 points (6-8 and 4-6 from arc, 2-2 from stripe), 2 assists to 1 TO, 2 boards

Newkirk - 17 points (6-10 and 5-6 from arc), 4 assists to 1 TO,  3 boards, 2 steals, 1 block

Al Durham - ok on points - 6 (2-6 and 1-2), but 5 assists to -- AGAIN - 0 TO's, in 30 minutes. Point guard of the future? 

And a huge shout out to Collin! We are better with Collin. 

Newkirk.

But Durham is gonna get more and more responsibility at point...this season. He’s dropping dimes and guarding the ball with his life. He’s a hustler. He’s Archie’s version of a Hoosier.

Newkirk - I don’t recall him making any bonehead plays at all. He seemed to play in control and hit some big 3s when we were struggling to get our offense going. 

McSwain was a close second for me. With Davis in foul trouble, he played real well. He has a lot of energy and seems to understand his roll. He always seems to be around the ball. 

No question in my mind...... game ball, gold jersey and a mile high salute..... all go to Archie Miller.

He laid out the plan.  Made changes on the move. And Indiana University for the first time, unlike under Coach Crean, showed they understood how to break the zone defense. 

10 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I actually thought this was arguably Robs but game as a Hoosier. He didn't shoot much, but he did when we needed him to and he hit almost everything. 

Agree, Rob has been fantastic the last few games. I was critical of his shooting, which has clearly been better of late, but the key for Rob is playing smart, playing hard especially on D, and eliminating the couple boneheaded turnover a game, and he’s done that of late. When he does that the shooting is quite as critical  

Really glad to see him rounding into form, and hopefully it’s a consistent thing he can carry throughout the season. I think Shon Morris even alluded during the broadcast that for much of career IU’s team performance has often coincided with Rob’s play. 

Archived