Bill Self. What if ?

milehiiu

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

He may very well be close to the IU program. That is a nice asset to have on a message board.

When discussing college hoops outside of IU, he has proven himself ignorant, at least in this thread.

You have had too many warnings. You troll during games, and in every debate you tell people they are dumb, ignorant, not as cool as you etc.

Take a break. One more tiny slip up and the game is gonna end.

2 minutes ago, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

But he tried to compare overall  tournament wins for Izzo at MSU to Self at KU. Izzo has been at MSU almost a decade longer than Self has been at KU. 

Does it not infuriate you that someone can be so obtuse?

Nope. When I disagree I give my point of view and facts. Then respect people may actually have different views.

Bill self should never be uttered in the same sentence as Bobby Knight. You have the right way and the scummy way to run a program. Biggest reason he would fail. Ncaa would bust his @ss at Illinois. Wouldn’t have blue blood name Kansas to shield his paying players. Does anyone think ncaa would have a problem laying the smack down on Illinois though if they got caught? Hell no.

1 minute ago, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

Does the right way include choking, verbally abusing players, and acting like a spoiled child?

Let me know when those NCAA sanctions hit LSU. Then I might believe you re: the Self/Illinois hypothetical.

So you are agreeing he is one of the biggest cheats in the game? So how does that put him on any level of greatness? I know the ncaa has been neutered but they took away ULs championship and maybe if they grow some balls they will vacate quite a few of Bills big 12 titles. I don’t think they would have a problem taking down Illinois though:

35 minutes ago, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

He may very well be close to the IU program. That is a nice asset to have on a message board.

When discussing college hoops outside of IU, he has proven himself ignorant, at least in this thread.

This isn’t the rivals board...we treat people respectfully even when disagreeing around here. I suspect if you don’t figure that out soon you won’t be here too much longer.

30 minutes ago, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

What happens when people ignore or distort facts?

We let it slide? Without facts there’s is no real basis for discussion/ opinion so people that ignore them should be purged.

Has no one ever taught you how to respectfully disagree?

9 minutes ago, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

I don’t place my basketball program on such a moral pedestal that I judge other schools for allowing shoe companies to act in their best interests by funneling recruits to notable schools.

If you think Self has ever advised someone within the KU program to compensate a recruit in any way I believe you are mistaken.

He did stand by and allow adidas to work their magic and I wouldn’t mind if IU did the same thing if we were successful enough to warrant it.

The alternative is taking the side of the NCAA, and I’m sorry but they don’t hold the moral high ground either.

In leaving you might want to go to page 98 of the fbi thread. Self admitted to asking addidas to pay players to play there. Now if that is ok by you and not considered actively soliciting bribery to gain players well that is your choice. I’m done with this thread. Crown him the King of College Basketball for all I care.

9 hours ago, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

Does the right way include choking, verbally abusing players, and acting like a spoiled child?

Let me know when those NCAA sanctions hit LSU. Then I might believe you re: the Self/Illinois hypothetical.

How old are you really?  12,

You bringing up Knight choking Reed?  Never happened, the choking incident is exaggerated.

You are a troll and just need to go away because you contribute nothing other than hostility.  Piss off.

14 hours ago, milehiiu said:

He had never left Illinois.  Would he have become the next Bobby Knight of the B1G ?

Back to the OP...Love the topic mile.

My answer is no.  I think he would have left Illinois anyway and never put the time in to achieve what RMK did at IU.  Bill is an Oklahoma St. grad/former player/former assistant coach.  He also spent time at KU under Brown.  All that with his time at Oral Roberts and Tulsa leads me to say he loves that area of the country.  Had it not been Kansas it would have been somebody else in that area later on.

Interesting article on Kansas hiring Self

"Jennings and Konzem wouldn’t identify the names, but according to a source with knowledge of the situation, the committee held preliminary phone interviews with Marquette’s Tom Crean, Oregon’s Ernie Kent and Wichita State’s Mark Turgeon. But the conversation with Self stood out."

And no, Self wouldn't have dominated the B10 like he did the Big 12...too much conference depth from year to year, and Illinois has no where near the drawing power of a Kansas...

14 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

LOL, ok.  He has the most wins because he plays in a terrible conference which allows him to have a higher seed each year.  It’s ok Bill, I didn’t mean anything by it.

Edit: At Kansas Self has won 46 tourney games and has 2 final fours 

Izzo has 50 wins and 8 final fours.  

Yep I don’t know troll......

Don't mind him, he is just another Rivals troll that has came over here.  That is their ammo that if you don't totally agree with them they take it personally and lash at out the posters.

13 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Again. Thanks for being a member. Yet. Your statement could not be further from the truth.  0708 is and has been dialed in for years.  I am not about to tell you how close he is to the program. I will just let you attempt to figure that out for your self.  That is.... if you are still around for as long as 0708 has been.

Again this guy is use to how people post on rivals post and is not use to being cordial on a message board.

10 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Has no one ever taught you how to respectfully disagree?

there are really know mods over at rivals so they can do whatever they want over there.  That is why that site has lost a lot of long time posters because we did not want to put up with this kind of posting.

11 hours ago, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

What happens when people ignore or distort facts?

The quick easy answer is they become politicians! 😎

We let it slide? Without facts there’s is no real basis for discussion/ opinion so people that ignore them should be purged.

11 hours ago, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

Of course. You think chocolate ice cream is best, I think vanilla ice cream is best. I prefer Self, you prefer Izzo. Etc. Reasonable people can always disagree.

When someone claims Self has 2 final fours when he has three. When someone frames a debate in a dishonest way...... well then that’s not a disagreement. That is a dishonest and/or ignorant person.

Self only has 2 at Kansas which is what you were wanting to compare. HIS a time at Kansas.  So his Illinois final 4 shouldn’t count now should it.....

Archived