Will you consider it a failure or big miss if CAM

Yeah, I was just curious if there is word in recruiting circles that he as slimy as his brother.  Now he hasn't been at a big program in the past so maybe time will tell.  I just find it interesting that Vandy is so involved.  It may have to do with Bryce as coach and person or is it that he operates like his brother?  Just kind of interesting in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, SpiderMonkey said:

Yeah, I was just curious if there is word in recruiting circles that he as slimy as his brother.  Now he hasn't been at a big program in the past so maybe time will tell.  I just find it interesting that Vandy is so involved.  It may have to do with Bryce as coach and person or is it that he operates like his brother?  Just kind of interesting in my opinion.

I think Garland has lived in Tennessee for a while, and that's the Vandy connection.

23 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

I have not heard these rumors. I would be surprised if they are true. 

I do not know his parents though, so I can't say for certain the rumors don't have legs. 

In my opinion, I don't think Archie would be involved still if there were shady recruiting tactics being used.

I'm comfortable with Archie recruiting the kid and trying to keep the hangers on at bay. If that becomes impossible, then yeah, bow out.

I don't remember Crean ever saving a scholarship for the spring to wait on a 5*. It seems like he always panicked and tried to fill them as quick as possible, and usually oversigned. It's nice to have a couple scholarships to wait and see what happens. It seems like the only time he had one in the spring is if he got rid of someone.

1 hour ago, Hoosier98 said:

I don't remember Crean ever saving a scholarship for the spring to wait on a 5*. It seems like he always panicked and tried to fill them as quick as possible, and usually oversigned. It's nice to have a couple scholarships to wait and see what happens. It seems like the only time he had one in the spring is if he got rid of someone.

Wasn't Bryant a spring signee?

22 hours ago, hoosierBGH said:

On the one hand, given the favorable recruiting circumstances (Duke out, UK out, UL dealing with scandal fallout, outweighs the disadvantage of a late start) it would be disappointing to not land Romeo. On the other hand, it is foolish to measure success or failure on what one teenager, even one as talented as Romeo, decides. It is especially foolish in this case with the class Coach Miller has already assembled.  

Hadn't heard that Duke and UK were out? Did he trim list or just experts think he's down to IU, Vandy, UL?

28 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Hadn't heard that Duke and UK were out? Did he trim list or just experts think he's down to IU, Vandy, UL?

Duke seems to have cooled on him and he really didn't hit it off with Cal this summer. Not officially out but sure seems they aren't in the mix. 

Archived