Purdue Board

BTown24

Is comedic gold right now. One player's Mom ranting on the board about her son leaving the program (which was then deleted), and now grown men begging said Mommy to "please don't let her son leave." "We need him." "He's a linchpin." Lmao. Grown men on their little message board knees over an 18 year old. Typical mid-level program shenanigans.

Nojel Eastern. 6'6 PG from North Side of Chicago. 4 star recruit. Time will tell if poster truly was telling the truth. I can tell you that 2-3 parents of current and former Illini parents were active on certain boards. Kendrick Nunn's Mom blasted Groce on twitter followed by a quick delete saying he was leaving. Ultimately he did leave. Of course being a native I can say this. Chicago parents are a different breed when it comes to their sons getting playing time. Every single one of them think they raised the next Isiah. 

20 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

IIRC Yogi's mom was pretty active on social media defending her son. 

Happens a lot of places 

Being active on social media is one thing. Posting in a forum that her son is going to transfer is entirely different.

IMHO, even if it is 100% accurate, I still find it inappropriate. It creates an unnecessary distraction for the team, and she stole her kids thunder. Let him announce his own decisions, he is an adult after all.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

We have one posting on our football board.  There is no way if I was a parent of a college athlete I would go on a fan message board.

Pretty easy to say until you are in that position.  Parents of college kids period know how to use the internet.

On 11/25/2017 at 11:10 AM, Seeking6 said:

Nojel Eastern. 6'6 PG from North Side of Chicago. 4 star recruit. Time will tell if poster truly was telling the truth. I can tell you that 2-3 parents of current and former Illini parents were active on certain boards. Kendrick Nunn's Mom blasted Groce on twitter followed by a quick delete saying he was leaving. Ultimately he did leave. Of course being a native I can say this. Chicago parents are a different breed when it comes to their sons getting playing time. Every single one of them think they raised the next Isiah. 

Saying he left is a nice way to put it...

Just think, Crean recruited Nunn AND Leron Black pretty heavily. We dodged a couple bullets there...

^^ Troy's mom had her own social media unhappy moment....

Tijan Jobe's mom used to post on our old forum, and one (former) poster used to give her a hard time. 

If you know a parent posts on the board, do not call that person out, and when posting take a moment to think of what it would be like to be a parent of a player playing for IU, in good times and bad, that's some serious scrutiny, with people judging your kid. Yes if the parent participates he or she should understand that people are going to talk / post about their kid, but that has to be a difficult thing to deal with at times. A little perspective and courtesy.

Archived