Update on Anthony Leal's senior season

11 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

All of these recruiting profiles on the 2020 guys have been incredibly well-done.  Honestly I think you’re the best writer on the IU beat right now, really insightful stuff.

As for Leal, do we think he can come in a shoot close to 40% from three on volume?

35 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

All of these recruiting profiles on the 2020 guys have been incredibly well-done.  Honestly I think you’re the best writer on the IU beat right now, really insightful stuff.

As for Leal, do we think he can come in a shoot close to 40% from three on volume?

Big fan of TDH as well. I know I keep saying this. Not only is he a great IU writer, but he provides his material to us FREE of charge.   A perfect base for Hoosier Sports Nation which is free as well. 

1 hour ago,  IndySportsPartizan said: 

Leal will finish his career as a better 3 point shooter than all of them. But given that they all will have the experience, I expect them to shoot a higher % than him next year. The biggest difference though is that Leal can create his own shot. He is confident with it. None of the others do much beyond shooting open shots when it comes to 3s. But being a freshman can mess with your confidence. Leal seems like he might have that Sheehey effect where he will never be short on confidence. 

Perfect analogy.....I would love for Leal to be thought of and compared to one of IU’s great impact players in Will Sheehey. Will played every game with extreme grit, toughness and confidence. He was the highly desired and prototypical, coaches’ player. He went to WAR for his Coach, His teammates and Indiana University every single game. When the final buzzer sounded, he left nothing behind. That is something that I always admired about Will Sheehey....he gave it his absolute all. He was always red faced and sweaty from head to toe. 

10 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

That is really high praise that I don't think I am worthy of, but I do really enjoy what I am doing and hope that comes through.  Thank you for the compliment and for reading.

15 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

As a FR? 

Do FR often shoot 40% from three? 

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

As a FR? 

Do FR often shoot 40% from three? 

Matt Roth, Jordan Hulls, Will Sheehey, Rob Johnson, James Blackmon, OG Anunoby, and Devonte Green all came in and shot 38% or better, which I would call close to 40%.  Then you have Mr. Basketballs Kyle Guy, Zak Irvin, and Gary Harris that shot 40% as freshman as well.  Don’t think it’s a totally unreasonable expectation.

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Matt Roth, Jordan Hulls, Will Sheehey, Rob Johnson, James Blackmon, OG Anunoby, and Devonte Green all came in and shot 38% or better, which I would call close to 40%.  Then you have Mr. Basketballs Kyle Guy, Zak Irvin, and Gary Harris that shot 40% as freshman as well.  Don’t think it’s a totally unreasonable expectation.

He isnt JB, KG, or JH. I wouldn't consider 1.5 3s a game volume. 

I don't think he or Galloway will play much as FR. 

4 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Since the 2010-11 season there have been 211 D1 Freshman that have shot 40% or better from 3 with a minimum of 100 attempts. 

Of those 211 only 14 have played in the Big Ten. I attached a screen shot of the list below. 

E16BEE48-438D-4BA4-BE07-C9D2D7897E6A.png

Dang Turgeon knows how to find shooters lol!

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

8 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Man...wonder what's happened to Kalscheur...seems like he's really fallen off?

...and I don't even remember Aleem Ford...is he still playing for Wisconsin?

Kind of interesting that both players suffered from significant declines in 3pt % their sophomore seasons. 
Ford went 40% to 28% 

Kalschuer went from 41% to 32 this season.

Archived