Smellermakers Lose , former top 25 team(ha-ha)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

With the effort I saw today, I could see us losing to you guys by 10+. No outcome on Thursday night would surprise me honestly.Β 

Well, that would be a just repayment for the pathetic effort IU showed in a rivalry game when it's greatest coach returned from a 20-year absence and gave them a pregame pep talk.Β  There's not another game that perplexes and pisses me off more, but I'm gradually getting past it.

Getting swept Thursday would rekindle that angry fire in me though.πŸ’©

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

Well, that would be a just repayment for the pathetic effort IU showed in a rivalry game when it's greatest coach returned from a 20-year absence and gave them a pregame pep talk.Β  There's not another game that perplexes and pisses me off more, but I'm gradually getting past it.

Getting swept Thursday would rekindle that angry fire in me though.πŸ’©

The game at Assembly Hall was embarrassing to say the least.Β  Both teams have a lot to prove when they collide in Laftown.Β 

The hell with Michigan beating Purdue...how many straight games have the Boilers kicked our ass?Β  We need to rectify that before dancing around like somehow them losing to the Wolverines gives us a win over them.Β  Geez, we can't beat Michigan either.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

The hell with Michigan beating Purdue...how many straight games have the Boilers kicked our ass?Β  We need to rectify that before dancing around like somehow them losing to the Wolverines gives us a win over them.Β  Geez, we can't beat Michigan either.

That's just one of the sad facts of life about the IU/PU rivalry. PU beats us more than we beat them. I take pleasure in PU's sub 500 season. I also love it when they crash out of the NCAAT in spectacular fashion.

23 minutes ago, rico said:

Feasting off of Purdue's "misery" does not make me feel any better about our season.

Until we start and finish a game with an all around dominating effort, including an win, should we evenΒ start throwing darts like we’re big and bad. I would say β€œActΒ like you’ve been there before!”....but we really haven’t in a while.

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

In HTD's defense. Two things.Β  He has never wavered in his dislike of Purdue.Β  Got to respect him for that.

Second. Purdue is very unlikely to make the NCAAT this season.Β  As an IU fan. What's not to like about that ?

Honestly, for me, nothing.Β Β 

Archived