Smellermakers Lose , former top 25 team(ha-ha)

3 minutes ago, bobtcat2 said:

Don't really care about them except they're maybe IU's worst loss and since they're out of postseason contention now the rematch is now their entire season.  I expect a narrow IU win but the trends mean nothing in rivalry games.

Trends mean nothing? Don’t think that’s true at all. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, rico said:

The hell with Michigan beating Purdue...how many straight games have the Boilers kicked our ass?  We need to rectify that before dancing around like somehow them losing to the Wolverines gives us a win over them.  Geez, we can't beat Michigan either.

I cannot love this post any more than I already do. So sick of these long ass losing streaks to teams. Especially Turdue. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Agree to disagree there my friend!

I am thinking of a high school football series in Ohio that I have followed for nearly 50 years. One of the longest high school rivalries in the USA. Now well over 100 years. At one time the school I root for had a huge lead in the series over the other. Then.  The other school trended up so much that a few years back they had a chance to tie the series. They lost. And the school I follow has not lost to them ever since.  That's a trend IMHO. Both ways. For better or worse.

Bringing it back to home. At one time IU held a huge advantage over Wisconsin in basketball. That has trended to Wisconsin in recent years. Unfortunately for this IU fan.

Oh. And thanks for calling me a friend. I will always consider you a friend. As well.

11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

I cannot love this post any more than I already do. So sick of these long ass losing streaks to teams. Especially Turdue. 

I remember winning 12 straight over Michigan and 12 out of 15 against Purdue. Ah, the Mike Davis years...anymore, we're lucky to win 3 straight over anybody. 

Purdue being a top 25 team at the beginning of the year was a farce.  Today’s loss all but seals their fate on the tournament, barring a magical BTT championship.  Teams finally not guarding Nojel until the free throw line and packing the lane.  The guy can flat out not shoot.  I remember when Indiana would get 5-6 teams in the tourney.  Now it looks like 2 is the max possible.

43 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I remember winning 12 straight over Michigan and 12 out of 15 against Purdue. Ah, the Mike Davis years...anymore, we're lucky to win 3 straight over anybody. 

I don’t like the character of kids Sampson brought but with him as coach we would have never missed the tournament!! Also the reason he was fired no longer is a fireable offense!!

35 minutes ago, Beowulf50 said:

I don’t like the character of kids Sampson brought but with him as coach we would have never missed the tournament!! Also the reason he was fired no longer is a fireable offense!!

The phone calls and text messages were never as big of a deal to me as the drugs, failing classes, and character of his teams.  The guy can really coach though.

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I am thinking of a high school football series in Ohio that I have followed for nearly 50 years. One of the longest high school rivalries in the USA. Now well over 100 years. At one time the school I root for had a huge lead in the series over the other. Then.  The other school trended up so much that a few years back they had a chance to tie the series. They lost. And the school I follow has not lost to them ever since.  That's a trend IMHO. Both ways. For better or worse.

Bringing it back to home. At one time IU held a huge advantage over Wisconsin in basketball. That has trended to Wisconsin in recent years. Unfortunately for this IU fan.

Oh. And thanks for calling me a friend. I will always consider you a friend. As well.

I agree Mile! Just likeIU football. Purdue dominated us in the bucket games, but we have won 5 of the last7. We should have one the two we lost! 

Archived