Smellermakers Lose , former top 25 team(ha-ha)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

No idea lol. Thought that was interesting haha. 

I love Painter. One of the most underrated coaches in America.

But....

This has to be addressed behind the scenes. Kid is mad, ok....this one time. I would be very surprised if this doesn’t violate some rule about pressers with Purdue.

That is not Purdue basketball.

if a IU player did that.....good god there would be a 87 page thread here.

Man, everyone needs a Xanax or something. It’s a lighthearted post making fun of Purdue. Who cares that they’ve owned us lately or that our season hasn’t gone the way we wanted it to? It’s a rivalry and it’s supposed to be fun. Never a good reason not to celebrate a Purdue loss.

🤷‍♂️

Down on this side of the state, Kentucky is the more hated rival by far. Their recent successes ( 20 years or more) which also coincide with our long painful slide to irrelevance and mediocrity, and mostly the fact that they refuse to play us, would rekindle the fires of passions long lost if the selection committee ever puts us in the same bracket again. To me, it doesn’t matter if they beat us 99 times in a row, I would be just as hyped up to watch that hundreth chance. Just. To. See. Them. Lose. I imagine that’s what HTD feels for Purdue. Shame that there is a generation of Hoosiers that don’t know what the RCA Dome or Freedom Hall lookes like with that red/blue split right down the middle...sigh. But for context, until this IU team can get over the mountain, seeing the Boilers lose, even the “Cayuts” is just kinda meh. After all, we could all be back in the throes of misery if we have an 0-2 week. No better shape than the Boilers. Im praying for 2-0, hoping for 1-1. Until then, like taking an end zone selfie after a pick 6 when you’re down 3 touchdowns with 4 minutes to go, it’s not time to celebrate. Yet. Let’s go IU!!!!

15 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

We can beat these turds in Hackey Arena, Yeah, I said it! 😎

Absolutely can.  The question is will?

There's not that much talent there, but there's never any question they will be up for IU...wish IU could get up for Purdue just as much.  

7 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Virginia was in the same boat before breaking through last year. Things can always change. 

Am I correct in saying that since 1980 when Purdue last made a FF(Iowa was there as well) that 7 other B1G schools have made it.  IU, Michigan, Sparty, tOSU, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota.  And 6 of those have made it multiple times since '80(Minnesota hasn't).  Seems that not only the Boilers but the Hawks have been "hexed" as I don't count NW. 

4 minutes ago, rico said:

Am I correct in saying that since 1980 when Purdue last made a FF(Iowa was there as well) that 7 other B1G schools have made it.  IU, Michigan, Sparty, tOSU, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota.  And 6 of those have made it multiple times since '80(Minnesota hasn't).  Seems that not only the Boilers but the Hawks have been "hexed" as I don't count NW. 

Yes you are...

I will say this...Purdue is much closer to a Final Four at the current stage of the program then we are. They have a formula and blueprint for success. They have an identity and while I would say it’s a very long shot of them getting enough overall talent to win a NC we have seen time and time again in college basketball a couple hot shooting great guards can take you a long way in the tournament. Can IU win it all....of course...they have the ability to recruit at a very high level and gather enough talent to win it all for sure. I believe with the right mix of players Archie can take his team to the top. That said we are still pretty far off from making that run. I mean Purdue is just a year removed from an elite 8 and a bucket or two from the final four....we are more than 20 years removed from our last deep run.

20 minutes ago, BEKA said:

I'm more apt to take delight in a Boilermaker loss when, you know, we can actually beat them for once. Until then, facts are facts - Painter owns Archie. 

Yep. And Mike Davis owned Gene Keady and Matt Painter. Our rivalry with them over the last 20 years has been for sure with each team dominating stretches. 

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. And Mike Davis owned Gene Keady and Matt Painter. Our rivalry with them over the last 20 years has been for sure with each team dominating stretches. 

I’d just like to see them both good at the same time again. It’s rarely happened in the last 30 years.

Archived