Smellermakers Lose , former top 25 team(ha-ha)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Staying on the Happy Days theme.  Chachi, as most that watched Happy Days know, was Fonzie's cousin and boyfriend of Joanie Cunningham.  Supposedly, in Korean, the word 'Chachi' sounds exactly like a Koran slang word used for 'penis'.  

So, when the Happy Days spinoff 'Joanie Loves Chachi' became a TV show, it had a totally different meaning in Korea.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. And Mike Davis owned Gene Keady and Matt Painter. Our rivalry with them over the last 20 years has been for sure with each team dominating stretches. 

Owned Painter? He only coached against him in two games in Painter’s first season lol. Feels like too small of a sample size to claim he owned him but maybe not. 

29 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Staying on the Happy Days theme.  Chachi, as most that watched Happy Days know, was Fonzie's cousin and boyfriend of Joanie Cunningham.  Supposedly, in Korean, the word 'Chachi' sounds exactly like a Koran slang word used for 'penis'.  

So, when the Happy Days spinoff 'Joanie Loves Chachi' became a TV show, it had a totally different meaning in Korea.

Erin Morin who played Joani has an Indiana connection. After her tv career ended, she fell upon hard times. Lost everything. And moved into a mobile home, her mother-in-law owned in, I believe Corydon, Indiana.  I have seen photos, and videos of her roaming the streets of the mobile home community. Morin fell into deep depression. She died in 2017, of an ailment that most likely, if treated would have saved her life.  Her husband issued the news of her death through Chaci (Scott Baio).   A sad, sad ending to a very happy story on tv.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Erin Morin who played Joani has an Indiana connection. After her tv career ended, she fell upon hard times. Lost everything. And moved into a mobile home, her mother-in-law owned in, I believe Corydon, Indiana.  I have seen photos, and videos of her roaming the streets of the mobile home community. Morin fell into deep depression. She died in 2017, of an ailment that most likely, if treated would have saved her like.  Her husband issued the news of her death through Chaci (Scott Baio).   A sad, sad ending to a very happy story on tv.

Yep.  Corydon is about 30 miles from where I live.  It was big news when it happened.  Most people did not even know she was living in the area.  

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yep.  Corydon is about 30 miles from where I live.  It was big news when it happened.  Most people did not even know she was living in the area.  

Probably partly due to,  she was going by her second husband's name at the time, rather than Morin.  She was just 56 when she passed.

16 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Owned Painter? He only coached against him in two games in Painter’s first season lol. Feels like too small of a sample size to claim he owned him but maybe not. 

I keep forgetting Painter wasn't part of Keady staff. 

Was making the point in jest. You said 2 games is a small sample size. I agree. The same way 3 games is a small sample size. Just pointing everyone might have different definitions of the term owned.

9 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Erin Morin who played Joani has an Indiana connection. After her tv career ended, she fell upon hard times. Lost everything. And moved into a mobile home, her mother-in-law owned in, I believe Corydon, Indiana.  I have seen photos, and videos of her roaming the streets of the mobile home community. Morin fell into deep depression. She died in 2017, of an ailment that most likely, if treated would have saved her life.  Her husband issued the news of her death through Chaci (Scott Baio).   A sad, sad ending to a very happy story on tv.

Have 2-3 very good friends who call Corydon home. Very sad story for sure. Money and mental problems never seem to have a long life.

8 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Living in E'ville, so Corydon is just a hop, skip, and a jump from us. 

Truly is a small world......

Daniel Boone's  brother is buried near Corydon.  Indiana history was taught to all of us in grade school. Amazing what I have retained all these years.

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

this is some great info.!

Archived