Braden Smith Commits to Purdue

I’m not saying they are the same player but the same criticisms people use on Braden could just as easily be levied on Tom Covercharge. (Sorry, Billingsley that I stole your material.)   All he did was win and bring toughness and competitiveness to the team. You could look at other guys like Aaron Craft, Kyle Kraemer, et al. the same way.   Guys like that are key pieces on winning teams.   Tough kids bring an edge and an extra competitiveness to the roster, especially in the day and age where you have other kids in the locker room with unrealistic views on how good they are.  Kids can be the best player in a ten county region so they get an inflated view of themselves.  Tough kids have a way of leading and getting the focus on tough, winning ball, not showcasing yourself, which is not needed and is counterproductive.  If you have the physical ability and you know how to make winning plays on both ends, scouts see that and get it.

I firmly believe that if a kid is willing to compete, play hard on both ends, be all about winning, etc, the NBA will take care of itself.  It’s a life lesson.  The same could be applied to any profession.  The people who are selfish, complainers, etc, they lose in all walks of life.  Heck, what did #23 average at UNC?   And he gets it.  The Bradens of the world get it and can help laser focus the other players.  

With 13 schollies, I think we have the spot for that tough Indiana kid type.  Now, if Archie thinks he can’t do it physically, which I doubt, I trust the staff.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I’m not saying they are the same player but the same criticisms people use on Braden could just as easily be levied on Tom Covercharge. (Sorry, Billingsley that I stole your material.)   All he did was win and bring toughness and competitiveness to the team. You could look at other guys like Aaron Craft, Kyle Kraemer, et al. the same way.   Guys like that are key pieces on winning teams.   Tough kids bring an edge and an extra competitiveness to the roster, especially in the day and age where you have other kids in the locker room with unrealistic views on how good they are.  Kids can be the best player in a ten county region so they get an inflated view of themselves.  Tough kids have a way of leading and getting the focus on tough, winning ball, not showcasing yourself, which is not needed and is counterproductive.  If you have the physical ability and you know how to make winning plays on both ends, scouts see that and get it.

I firmly believe that if a kid is willing to compete, play hard on both ends, be all about winning, etc, the NBA will take care of itself.  It’s a life lesson.  The same could be applied to any profession.  The people who are selfish, complainers, etc, they lose in all walks of life.  Heck, what did #23 average at UNC?   And he gets it.  The Bradens of the world get it and can help laser focus the other players.  

With 13 schollies, I think we have the spot for that tough Indiana kid type.  Now, if Archie thinks he can’t do it physically, which I doubt, I trust the staff.  

I wont use for copyright infringement this time. Agree all day with what you are saying.  Smith will not be a pushover. Big someone beats him out for minutes they have earned. Kid is w true competitor 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Dane Fife/Michael Lewis/Jim Thomas/Quinn Buckner 

Edited by Steubenhoosier
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...