Braden Smith Commits to Purdue

16 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

CMW better get on this kid

Screenshot_20210330-161250_Twitter~2.jpg

We’ve got 16 pages of guys like me and Billingsley exhorting IU to get this guy.  I stand by it and believe we will be vindicated.  This is my kind of player.  Whether he can start or not, I have no idea.  But I want him in the locker room.  He’s not going to be afraid playing on the road in the B1G.  And that competitive attitude will spread through the whole roster.  Especially with a 13 man scholly limit, we have room to get this kid.

I can’t wait to see how our ‘22 class shapes up.  There are always guys that emerge in the summer.   But imagine a dream scenario of Braden, CJ, Jalen Washington, Karaban, and Phillips, the big guy from Dayton.  Four guys that can shoot and a big man.  That’s an LFG situation.   

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

We’ve got 16 pages of guys like me and Billingsley exhorting IU to get this guy.  I stand by it and believe we will be vindicated.  This is my kind of player.  Whether he can start or not, I have no idea.  But I want him in the locker room.  He’s not going to be afraid playing on the road in the B1G.  And that competitive attitude will spread through the whole roster.  Especially with a 13 man scholly limit, we have got room to get this kid.

I can’t wait to see how our ‘22 class shapes up.  There are always guys that emerge in the summer.   But imagine a dream scenario of Braden, CJ, Jalen Washington, Karaban, and Phillips, the big guy from Dayton.  Four guys that can shoot and a big man.  That’s an LFG situation.   

I concur 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

We’ve got 16 pages of guys like me and Billingsley exhorting IU to get this guy.  I stand by it and believe we will be vindicated.  This is my kind of player.  Whether he can start or not, I have no idea.  But I want him in the locker room.  He’s not going to be afraid playing on the road in the B1G.  And that competitive attitude will spread through the whole roster.  Especially with a 13 man scholly limit, we have got room to get this kid.

You said it perfectly my friend.CMW can make a big splash in state and nationally in 22. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Tom Coverdale minus the Budweiser good? A capable shooting point guard? Who will make 37-42% of 3’s in college off the catch? I’m in. 

Tom Coverdale makes my all time favorite IU team.  Not because I think he’s the best but I freaking loved how he played.  

No wonder I like Smith! 

I also see a bit of Aaron Craft in there.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Tom Coverdale makes my all time favorite IU team.  Not because I think he’s the best but I freaking loved how he played.  

No wonder I like Smith! 

I also see a bit of Aaron Craft in there.  

First time I saw him I said he was a TJ McConnell with a shot

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Was Smith the recruit that got a call from iu that said he will like the new coach?

Yes that was the rumor but the rumor was also that he was told it was likely going to be Stevens. I don't think it'll matter though as long as Woody and company make a strong push. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

What’s the competition level that Braden is going up against? No idea that’s why I’m asking. 

Rob put up very good numbers in high school but the level of competition wasn’t like a 4A or 5A. 

Rob who? Phinisee? He played at McCutcheon HS, which is 4A, there is no 5A in basketball. Very good competition, as well and played for IN Elite. RP played Romeo when they were SOs in the state championship game. 

I mentioned above his schedule was ranked 20th in the state this past year, he also plays in the 2nd hardest sectional in the state. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

This kid seems like he could be a Jordy Hulls type player. Would be a nice get.

I don't really think their games resemble each other much at all. I played against Hulls 4 or 5 times. He was a shooter, even in his HS games. Dee Davis would be a good comparison to Smith, I think. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Rob who? Phinisee? He played at McCutcheon HS, which is 4A, there is no 5A in basketball. Very good competition, as well and played for IN Elite. RP played Romeo when they were SOs in the state championship game. 

I mentioned above his schedule was ranked 20th in the state this past year, he also plays in the 2nd hardest sectional in the state. 

My bad meant 3A and 4A ball. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I don't really think their games resemble each other much at all. I played against Hulls 4 or 5 times. He was a shooter, even in his HS games. Dee Davis would be a good comparison to Smith, I think. 

Hopefully he is someone that Coach Woodson prioritizes, whoever he compares to lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1