Hendershot Arrested on multiple charges....

CTrojan88

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't sound great.  I think a big thing they'll have to figure out is if it was a grab on the shoulder/neck area, or if it was a grab around the neck like he was going to choke her.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2020/02/23/iu-football-tight-end-peyton-henderson-arrested-multiple-charges/4849845002/

"A Bloomington Police Department news release says Hendershot went to a former girlfriend’s apartment in the 2300 block of South Brandon Court and entered the apartment without permission, accusing the woman of infidelity. He reportedly took her cellphone from her to look at calls and texts and when she tried to retrieve the phone, Hendershot — who is 6-4 — “grabbed her by the neck and shoved her against the wall.”

She said Hendershot threw her phone into the kitchen as he left the apartment, breaking the screen. She called 911, and police then went to Hendershot’s residence and arrested him there."

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just don't understand how these kids who has a golden opportunity just blows there chance by just pure stupidity.

I think the key word is "kids".  They aren't perfect...just human...and they make mistakes out of immaturity.  Yes, they do stupid things.

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

2 games. Run the piss out of him and move on. He has no priors. 

Repeated offenses would change my mind. 

No other teams kick kids off for this. 

No other teams? Domestic violence is a hot topic issue right now. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s gone. It’s a tough situation though. 

20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

2 games. Run the piss out of him and move on. He has no priors. 

Repeated offenses would change my mind. 

No other teams kick kids off for this. 

I could see a 2-4 game suspension, but I do tend to agree that this isn't an offense that is a cut and dried kick off the team.

I think part of it is that we have had very few, if any of these kinds of things happen under Allen, so IU fans aren't used to how these things are usually handled.

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

I could see a 2-4 game suspension, but I do tend to agree that this isn't an offense that is a cut and dried kick off the team.

I think part of it is that we have had very few, if any of these kinds of things happen under Allen, so IU fans aren't used to how these things are usually handled.

Agree

26 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

No other teams? Domestic violence is a hot topic issue right now. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s gone. It’s a tough situation though. 

The thing here is we are hearing what she said. Could be a lot different than what happened. Police arrest off her word. She was more upset he broke her phone so she couldnt take selfies

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

Yep...and agree with you and btownqb...this isn't an offense to kick off a kid. Especially first time problems. He'll get punished. Already is by some..but times like this you help a kid don't kick him to the curb. 

He is not convicted of anything yet.  Let it play out.  For all we know, the charges get reduced once the facts are in.  IF, for example, the battery part is exaggerated, and the so-called theft is him just getting his own stuff back, maybe this goes down as vandalism of the phone.  This isn’t rape like at MSU.  I’m not defending him at all.  I’m just saying, let’s see what the facts turn into before we go berserk with penalties.  We have really only heard one side.  I will say that if the battery part is legitimate, that is concerning and he may not survive.  

Nevertheless, don’t forget McRobbie and Glass may overrule anything Allen wants to do.  They booted a basketball player (Holt) for holding an unopened bottle of alcohol underaged.  Recall that McRobbie’s main priority with sports is they don’t cause problems.  

I am in no way trying to "sugar coat" the gravity of this situation.  But if this would have happened during the season Hendershot would be suspended pending some court outcome.  Hopefully, due process is quickly carried out and he did little or no wrong doing.  And he has learned a life lesson.

I wasn't able to find anything more about my previous post.  I would love to see it if true to shed some light on things.

I wonder how much, if any, of this will be decided by the administration.  I remember with Ellison, he was practicing with the team before getting kicked off.  I can't remember if I'm making this up or if I heard it at the time that it was basically the administration that decided it.  Pretty sure he wasn't in any legal trouble either and it was just from the university.

I feel like IU has a very heavy hand when it comes to these kinds of issues, so I wouldn't really be surprised with any punishment given in this case.  I would guess a lot of it will depend on what the victim has to say about it.

Also, I'm sure someone more in the know about law can answer this one.  At this point, if she says she doesn't want to press charges, does that mean anything?  Would charges be dropped, or is that not under her control?

Archived