Hendershot Arrested on multiple charges....

CTrojan88

4 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Some people assume what he did just by going off the initial police report.  I read a few places that the girl put on Facebook/Twitter that it really wasn't that big of a deal.  Initial police reports are often incorrect once more facts come out.  I'm sure Allen knows what actually happened way better than any of us, and I completely trust whatever decision he makes.

yes

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Don't players get kicked off teams for issues that don't involve the police? Just because he's not not being sentenced by a court of law for specific crimes doesn't mean the team can't punish him however they want. Crimes are committed by players all the time where police are not involved or don't press charges , but the coaches find out and punish them accordingly (or at least some presumably do). 

Do players stay on teams for issues that DO involve the police?  Just because he is being sentenced by a court of law for a specific crime doesn't mean the team has to punish him at all.

8 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Some people assume what he did just by going off the initial police report.  I read a few places that the girl put on Facebook/Twitter that it really wasn't that big of a deal.  Initial police reports are often incorrect once more facts come out.  I'm sure Allen knows what actually happened way better than any of us, and I completely trust whatever decision he makes.

I think we discussed a few pages back but when kids (and they are kids) get in trouble....it's best to wait a tad. Early life lesson for the kid and for his ex/girlfriend too. My guess is we won't hear another peep out of either them. 

13 hours ago, rico said:

So Yogi should have been kicked off the basketball team?

No, but players who get in trouble should be punished by the coaches. Call me crazy for putting higher standards on players who are already treated as celebrities and go to school for free. With the good comes the bad. You can’t get arrested and not be punished. 

4 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

No, but players who get in trouble should be punished by the coaches. Call me crazy for putting higher standards on players who are already treated as celebrities and go to school for free. With the good comes the bad. You can’t get arrested and not be punished. 

What says he hasn't been? 

10 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

The law trumps everything.  But to your comments...I think we all would like the athletes to be squeaky clean as they represent the institution.  I would like to think that they try their damnest to do that.  But they are kids with adult burdens thrust upon them.  

Would you lose your job if you did what Hendershot did?

1 hour ago, RoadToZion said:

I’d be okay with a 2 game suspension. 

I’d also be okay with a zero game suspension.

I trust Coach Allen’s decision making. Love that guy. 

My thoughts exactly. Well said. I've admitted how wrong I was on Allen when he was hired. Really, really feeling like we have a better version of Hep. Which is saying something because Hep loved IU to his core. 

8 minutes ago, Sark said:

Seems strange that you think he shouldn’t suffer any consequences for his actions. One would hope most fans have higher standards than that.

I am in no position to hand out any punishment for his actions.  I just have MY opinion as to how I would deal with it.  Sorry if your take is different than mine.  Wait, I ain't sorry.

Here is my perspective, something happened.  Most of us are miles away from it.  The only info we get is from the "media" so we take what we get.  But we know very little about police protocol or jurisprudence. How DA's and lawyers work. 

I'm not going to go into detail tonight but I've been there, pm me if you want to know.  

I've literally been the victim of a wrongfully written "domestic violence dispute". Police on the scene completely botched what happened and my girlfriend at the time told them so. 

Every single charge was dropped. 

Do not tell me cops are always accurate in something like this.

Btw on the flip side, one mistake didn't completely change my thoughts and level of respect I have for police officers. That cop made a mistake, he's human, and I'm educated enough not to group 800,000 in the same category.  

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I think it is reasonable to now conclude that all the guy did was go into the house without permission.

The guy was put through a series of disciplinary acts.  All of which he completed.  And in the end... it was not Coach who cleared him... but a group of his student peers.   At least that is what I have been told. 

I 100% trust Allen's actions and judgements when it comes to these types of player issues. If he thinks Hendershot has done enough, or if he thought it was fair for his teammates to decide, I'm sure it was fair. I have no doubt what was good for the team AND what was good for Hendershot was strongly considered. 98% of coaches don't care about that 2nd part.

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, 5 championships said:

So can he play 1st game?

Sounds to me, as if he can.  IU says he has gone through the system.  And is continuing to do so.  And they are ok with that.  The biggest thing to me is that he recognizes he made a mistake.  And is remorseful.  I don't know what more can be asked of him. 

Archived