Penn state game thread

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

Franklin simply cannot play 25 minutes a game at this level yet. Durham despite a couple of horrible passes at the end of this game offer much more offensively than Franklin can. His floater off of that curl action a few minutes ago was huge.

Agree to disagree.  Only reason Franklin wouldn’t be ready at this point is because Archie has been too stubborn to use him instead of Al.  As Dakich says, Durham is just good enough to get you fired

2 minutes ago, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

There's nothing to disagree about, defensively they're a wash 102.4 defensive rating versus 102.8. Durham is a light years better offensive player at this point and his efficiency numbers bear that out. You play Durham. 

You give Franklin Al’s minutes and I guarantee you Franklin’s stats would be 2-3 times better.  The eye test doesn’t lie either...Franklin is better by a mile

2 minutes ago, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

Efficiency rating and offensive/ defensive ratings do not place any value on minutes played. The numbers don't lie, Durham is a better player right now. Your eyes deceive you unfortunately. 

Like I said, I’ll agree to disagree.  Durham hurts this team more than he helps it.

3 minutes ago, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

Efficiency rating and offensive/ defensive ratings do not place any value on minutes played. The numbers don't lie, Durham is a better player right now. Your eyes deceive you unfortunately. 

I was gonna add that Franklin doesn’t have a large enough body of work to judge. I just don’t how you could even begin to determine that Franklin is an upgrade over anyone.

I like the kid, and where I think he’s headed, but, better than Al? I’m not so sure about that.

10 minutes ago, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

Do you disagree that 2+2=4 or that 104 > 91?

On four possessions late in the game, Durham:

1) made a lazy/bad pass to Green that was intercepted - turnover 

2) made the very same pass the next possession that was almost picked off but was tipped out of bounds

3) threw a pass 15 feet over Green’s head and out of bounds - turnover

4) threw a pass at Race’s feet and behind him on a 2 on 1 break - turnover 

These types of things aren’t new for him, they are actually pretty normal.  I have seen enough of Franklin to know that he will make the occasional freshman mistake but if given the same minutes as Durham, he would be more productive.  That’s my opinion and if you don’t agree, so be it

21 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

You give Franklin Al’s minutes and I guarantee you Franklin’s stats would be 2-3 times better.  The eye test doesn’t lie either...Franklin is better by a mile

If Franklin would have played Al's minutes today we probably would have lost this game.  Do you remember Franklin's air ball from 3 and I remember Al's shot to put us up 59-54

2 hours ago, Colonialcrester said:

I decided not to post and things went great!!! Then I liked a comment and while I was reading it, Green dribble into traffic almost lost it and then threw up a bad three. I will only post during half time and time outs the rest of the game.

I’m not superstitious, I’m just a little stitious

Archived