Penn State post game

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

Not sure what you mean. This board can either be a place of substantive, respectful, disagreement........ or we can recite the same tired tropes after every win and loss turning it effectively into an echo chamber. 

One is much more worthwhile than the other.

What’s “substantive” about arguing Archie punching a clipboard means he’s being “childish?” 

What reasonable bearing does THAT have on anything?

8 minutes ago, madmax said:

Weird.. we dropped 3 spots in the NET and Purdue somehow improved a few too.

/sarcasm

Sure glad you added the "/sarcasm" tag. Based on the way things have been going with the Net calc, I really wouldn't be surprised if that were true !

Saw it again today...an effective part of Archie's pack line is having a guard swipe at the dribble of a big man backing down an IU defender.  Devonte Green actually poked the ball loose from Mike Watkins today as he was trying to back Trayce down in the lane at about the 13:40 mark in the first half.  Very effective at disrupting the other teams bigs trying to work down in the paint.  The criticism is that it momentarily leaves Devonte's man free on the perimeter, but that's not really a strength of Penn State anyway.  A couple of plays later, Devonte did the same swipe disrupting Stevens and forced him to pass back out to Miles Dread.  Green did a nice job of closing on Dread and disrupting his three attempt.  I really like that part of the pack line.

1 hour ago, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

Got banned over at rivals, you guys are stuck with me.

Go Hoo!

With as much BS as is allowed at rivals,  the fact that you got banned there tells me pretty much everything I need to know.  Your posts are cancer to the site. 

Please just stop.

Not sure how many times a team has given up a 30-5 run and still won the game. Great effort and intensity outside of that run though, which was nice to see.

I wasn't sure why Archie waited so long to put Smith on Stevens, when he seems like the best matchup there for us. Also not sure why we only had two ball handlers in at the end when we were getting pressed. 

But a win's a win. And this was a big one. Lots to build off of.

3 hours ago, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

Which on the spectrum of coaching, is about an inch from an 8 year olds youth basketball coach and about a mile from what Archie does for a living.

But keep believing it somehow makes you informed.

Man...in the span of like 3 days you have managed to insult just about every single one of our respected senior members on this board. I’m not saying you will get banned because we have some very nice moderators but you are walking a fine line. If you want to go around insulting people you might want to take it to the Rivals board my friend.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Man...in the span of like 3 days you have managed to insult just about every single one of our respected senior members on this board. I’m not saying you will get banned because we have some very nice moderators but you are walking a fine line. If you want to go around insulting people you might want to take it to the Rivals board my friend.

He must like Mickey Mouse as I didn't get insulted.....

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Item number one of our simple HSN rules :  Respect all members, including moderators.

Archived