Penn State post game

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

5th win over top 25 teams and no bad losses. What is it going to take to get some respect in the polls?

Or from anyone. In the Big Ten, only Iowa has more wins over ranked teams.

Looking at just resumes, and forgetting about these advanced stats, IU should be the 4th or 5th highest seeded team in the big ten depending on what criteria is en Vogue this year.

A few bad losses have abnormally dragged down the net and kenpom rankings, and I think too many "experts" put way too much stock into them. Minnesota is STILL ahead of IU in both, as is Purdue, despite both staring down potentially sub .500 seasons.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

You need to just go back to rivals because your posting style just does not mess with this board.

His kind of shi”posting style”t is why I went looking for another alternative and found this place. I’ll not even open that other site again. 

HSN, please don’t let this sight smell as bad as that other one, ever! 

Was actually able to watch this one!!!  Amazing win, they’ve really been able to get this season turned around.  I was pretty dismissive of Thompson earlier in the year, but he has made a huge difference in these last couple games.  Incredibly versatile defender and great rebounder.  Green has been coming on as well, which was always going to be necessary.  This win pretty much locks in a tourney spot in my mind.  No way we go worse than 2-2 if we play like we have over the previous four games.

4 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Fantastic win. 

TJD getting I think 17 shots is key, now he’s our primary, as he should be.

Race and Hunter healthy also key. 
Like what Green’s doing, and to those criticizing Al, obvious he was key too. 

So are the doubters starting to get at least cautiously optimistic? 

traded posts a few games back about the idea the team history prevents people from believing in them. Still think that? Not me, I think we’re seeing a sea change. 
they will probably fall bad again on the road in at least 1 of next 2, but this is a tourney team, I’m feeling good about how we now look 

i have been a doubter and am infact cautiously optimistic :) 

Went to the game today.  Miller was actually animated on a few occasions.  Not sure if they showed on TV but when Penn State was in that run where they got up to a 6 point lead, he started motioning for the crowd to get back into it.

Had a fun day.  2 more wins will absolutely lock us into the tournament.  That was my goal for the team at the beginning of the year.  Let's get that done and then see how things go.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

You probably wouldn't want me to be a moderator because I would ban to many posters.  I would probably banned myself a couple of times.  By the way I wouldn't want to do that job especially after losses.

yeah.  can't ban posters because they disagree with you or say negative things about IU.  that's kinda normal on message boards.  

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

He must like Mickey Mouse as I didn't get insulted.....

Well I don’t want to detract from this great win any longer than we already have but I think he wasn’t even on the board for a week and given how many good posters we have no way he could get to all of them in that amount of time...but another week...he probably would have.

If we could win the first and last 4 mins of each half we probably would win almost every single game. We just lose focus it seems. We still have problems...can’t go on 30-5 runs like the way we gave up and win many games. Gotta clean that up but that next 4 minute stretch after we gave up the lead was impressive.

Archived