Penn State post game

17 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Anybody else notice how gassed Race was at the end? He plays with all he has. imagine if those injuries had not slowed down his progress and conditioning. Dude was sucking wind.

Love his passion. Exactly what the group needs 

Seriously. CAM was trying to give him a breather with 4:30 left and Deron picked up 2 fouls in 30 seconds and race had to come back in

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

16xp-iwojima-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&aut

Today is the 75th anniversary of our proud marines raising the American flag on Iwo  Jima.  It was a struggle, that in the end our men won.

Today our Indiana men raised a flag over the Big Ten Conference.  Saying we are not done yet.  It too was a struggle. But in the end, again, our men won.

If our team had 1/10th of grit, toughness, and fortitude that these guys had, we would hang number 6 with little resistance.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He was n front of the bench and forget who missed two free throws but he just punched something that was on his chair.

And we get T'd up for an assistant who slaps the floor, while sitting during the Minnesota game.  I guess I will never understand officiating.  Oh wait... I forgot about TV Teddy.

They are all inconsistent.

3 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

If our team had 1/10th of grit, toughness, and fortitude that these guys had, we would hang number 6 with little resistance.

Agreed.  And thanks Dan. You have been a great member for a long time. I really wanted to honor the memory. And could not figure a better way than with a win today.

Great TEAM win!

Race gets my game ball, without question. Nice job by Smith on D, esp on Stevens. Thought TJD played hard on the glass.

Now if we can get Al to throw a pass at more than 1 mph, I'll be happy.

Thought the refs were more than atrocious. Horrible on both ends of the court.

5 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

Don't want to get too excited knowing how inconsistent this team can be, but the two wins this week are starting to get my hope up that they may be able to get in the tournament. 

We win our two upcoming home games and we are a 100% shoo-in for the tourney. We should be able to beat Minny and Wiscy if we show up.

Splitting the two road games would be HUGE but @PU and @Illinois will both be really, really tough to win.

7 minutes ago, Milosh68 said:

It was after race missed the free throws.

I know this isn't supposed to be the way that you coach but I loved it. I think Archie was getting tired of losing and has had enough of everyone's shenanigans! He showed some fire on the sidelines today. It was a pleasing sight to see. Also anyone see my wallet I think I got mugged under the basket!

3 minutes ago, ButlerHoosier said:

I know this isn't supposed to be the way that you coach but I loved it. I think Archie was getting tired of losing and has had enough of everyone's shenanigans! He showed some fire on the sidelines today. It was a pleasing sight to see. Also anyone see my wallet I think I got mugged under the basket!

Wait... why isn't this the way you're suppose to coach? 

Fantastic win. 

TJD getting I think 17 shots is key, now he’s our primary, as he should be.

Race and Hunter healthy also key. 
Like what Green’s doing, and to those criticizing Al, obvious he was key too. 

So are the doubters starting to get at least cautiously optimistic? 

traded posts a few games back about the idea the team history prevents people from believing in them. Still think that? Not me, I think we’re seeing a sea change. 
they will probably fall bad again on the road in at least 1 of next 2, but this is a tourney team, I’m feeling good about how we now look 

Archived