Penn State post game

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Wait... why isn't this the way you're suppose to coach? 

Can we just push Steve Alford to open up a Free throw coaching business in Bloomington? 

Todays kids don’t have the same mind for concentration on free throws...and other fundamentals in the game. This has to be one of the 3 worst passing teams I’ve seen since I’ve been watching IU back in 78.

2 minutes ago, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

Please tell me about your experience coaching your daughters youth basketball team and how it helps you identify with Archies frustration.

😂😂😂😂😂😂 I coach two different varsity sports. Hahahaha 

Good call chief. 

3 minutes ago, Milosh68 said:

Can we just push Steve Alford to open up a Free throw coaching business in Bloomington? 

Todays kids don’t have the same mind for concentration on free throws...and other fundamentals in the game. This has to be one of the 3 worst passing teams I’ve seen since I’ve been watching IU back in 78.

Today's kids are about 100x ahead of the 70s 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Like what Green’s doing, and to those criticizing Al, obvious he was key too.

Al had an overall good game, but made some really stupid passes and lead the team with 4 turnovers. He, himself even admitted in the presser that he wasn't locked in, in the 2nd half.

Al's a good player, but he needs to button up his passing and taking care of the ball better.

I was really pleased to hear from Justin, that he turned off most of his social media at the beginning of the year. Wish they all would.

38 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

Don't want to get too excited knowing how inconsistent this team can be, but the two wins this week are starting to get my hope up that they may be able to get in the tournament. 

We win our last two home games, which we should we’ll get in, regardless of the next two road games.  No way we get left out with 20 wins and NO bad losses. 

Please tell me about your experience coaching your daughters youth basketball team and how it helps you identify with Archies frustration.

It's obvious that you are part of the problem with today's youth, not being properly incentivized. Intensity is contagious, so is pacification. Don't be pacifistic!  

Just now, DWB said:

Al had an overall good game, but made some really stupid passes and lead the team with 4 turnovers. He, himself even admitted in the presser that he wasn't locked in, in the 2nd half.

Al's a good player, but he needs to button up his passing and taking care of the ball better.

I was really pleased to hear from Justin, that he turned off most of his social media at the beginning of the year. Wish they all would.

Yes he made some mistakes. But look at the box score and ask yourself if we win without his game. He’s a key player on this team, not perfect, not the star, but he is a key part of the team, and his recognizing when he’s not dialed in and acknowledging it is a good sign of maturity and Development 

Which on the spectrum of coaching, is about an inch from an 8 year olds youth basketball coach and about a mile from what Archie does for a living.

But keep believing it somehow makes you informed.

Lol man. You're really not sure what goes on in sports or a competition. No problem though. Just comment on stuff you know about. 

Just now, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

For the record, I have no real problem with the outburst in general. I just hope it wasn’t actually in response to missed free throws. That, as I said, would be a little childish, as it’s something completely out of Archie’s control.

Showing emotion is a good thing. He doesnt have to be happy with poor play/results. Nor should he. 

1 minute ago, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

Showing emotion in and of itself is neither good not bad, context is everything. 

A man and an adult can control his emotions when appropriate.

Bet you 100-1 his players and the recruits we had there today loved it. 

But you're on the internet.. so you win. 

1 minute ago, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

Showing emotion in and of itself is neither good not bad, context is everything. 

A man and an adult can control his emotions when appropriate.

The context of your presence here is to stir the pot with little jabs here and there. Manipulative, and not enough to get you banned exactly but enough to warrant a warning which I’ve seen you get in the past. You have been begging for someone to bite all day. Your context is trollish or anti Miller.

7 minutes ago, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

Maybe so, like I said I didn’t really have a problem with it and think overall Archie’s sideline demeanor is pretty good.

You were the one that took offense because you felt I was insulting the coaching brotherhood or something by saying his actions could easily be perceived as childish....

We didn’t have any recruits at the game today btw.....

Wrong again... Lander was there, so was the kid from Westfield. 

Literally you can see them in that video of AM punching the clipboard. Anthony Leal is sitting between the two of them btw.....

5 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

We’re at 36 after today’s win on KenPom. Not sure where we were before, but that seems about right to me....even though we’re still lower than Minny and Purdue. 

Pretty sure we were 39 to start the day, which was up from 41 after that Minny game. Now to see how much of a dent we made in that 58 NET figure.

Archived