The can't wait for it IU vs PU pre-game thread

milehiiu

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are we feeling about Thursday? The last couple times at Mackey have been very ugly! Part of me is feeling optimistic about this one though considering how Purdues season is going.. if we show up and play the right way I think we have a great chance. I just hope they show up pissed off and ready to beat their ass on the road. Our guys should be tired of losing to Purdue.. it’s been too damn long since we’ve beat them! 

5 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

How are we feeling about Thursday? The last couple times at Mackey have been very ugly! Part of me is feeling optimistic about this one though considering how Purdues season is going.. if we show up and play the right way I think we have a great chance. I just hope they show up pissed off and ready to beat their ass on the road. Our guys should be tired of losing to Purdue.. it’s been too damn long since we’ve beat them! 

Two teams headed in different directions.  As I have posted, PU playing for pride.  IU playing for an NCAAT slot.  Classic meeting between two teams in a game that could go either way.

Funny thing around both IU and Purdue boards the last several days.....there has not been a whole lot of talk about the IU/Purdue game tomorrow night. For obvious reasons, there's more attention and hype over Lander committing to IU and deservedly so!!!! 

I like where IU is at right now......I just have a good feeling about IU tomorrow. I look for a much more competitive game this time around. Purdue is trying to find their bearings and figure out where to get their next win. I don't  think they are as confident about this game this time around......

4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Funny thing around both IU and Purdue boards the last several days.....there has not been a whole lot of talk about the IU/Purdue game tomorrow night. For obvious reasons, there's more attention and hype over Lander committing to IU and deservedly so!!!! 

I like where IU is at right now......I just have a good feeling about IU tomorrow. I look for a much more competitive game this time around. Purdue is trying to find their bearings and figure out where to get their next win. I don't  think they are as confident about this game this time around......

They haven’t won since we laid down for them. They are a very flawed team. We play like we did against Minny and we win. 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

They haven’t won since we laid down for them. They are a very flawed team. We play like we did against Minny and we win. 

Well, not long ago....we appeared flawed and pray that it does not rear it's ugly head. Stay the course and we will see a lot more smiles from teammates, coaches AND fans. 

4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Well, not long ago....we appeared flawed and pray that it does not rear it's ugly head. Stay the course and we will see a lot more smiles from teammates, coaches AND fans. 

True. Purdue has looked flawed all season though. Heck we are almost certainly their best win and we know that our team laid down for them. 

7 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

They’ve been crazy tough at home minus their last one against UM. 

This.

...and they are extremely confident about winning tomorrow night based on that and based on IU's sorry performance against them in Bloomington. 

We'll see who's mentally tougher and who wants it more tomorrow night. 

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Obviously our best road win but not best overall win. I’d put Iowa, MSU, and UVA higher on that list. 

This view is common as well despite the fact that none of those were road wins.

Not much respect for IU in West Laffy. I hope the team comes in hungry and pissed.

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Obviously our best road win but not best overall win. I’d put Iowa, MSU, and UVA higher on that list. 

I think PU has been the poster child for this crazy basketball season.   Completely run UVA, MSU, and Iowa out of the gym. Dominate IU at o

Looked listless and unispired vs PSU and UM.  Literally no idea what will happen Thursday.   I could see Purdue winning by 20, or IU winning a close one.

Archived