The can't wait for it IU vs PU pre-game thread

milehiiu

2 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

I think PU has been the poster child for this crazy basketball season.   Completely run UVA, MSU, and Iowa out of the gym. Dominate IU at o

Looked listless and unispired vs PSU and UM.  Literally no idea what will happen Thursday.   I could see Purdue winning by 20, or IU winning a close one.

No doubt. No outcome tomorrow night would surprise me. 

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PritchardPutBack said:

I gotta say, with TJD looking good in recent games I really hope he comes in and just gives it to their bigs. After having to sit through Hammons, Swanigan, Haas, and even Haarms last year put up big games against us I would LOVE to get back at them with a great performance from a big of our own!

Plus we have another 7’3 guy coming in next year haha. 

Big game to keep the momentum going. Purdue will SHOW UP...make no about that. They always do against us. This is their season right here. We win it bodes well for a good finish to the season for us. Also...with the Lander commitment it would be nice to put a pretty bow on this week for us.

1 hour ago, IUaic said:

I thought Cockburn played for Illinois?

And why  ?   Does the media doing the Illinois games.  Continue to mispronounce his last name ?  It's COCK burn. Cock Burn.  COCK BURN.  There, I said it correctly !  LOL

Great freshman. By the way. 

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

And why  ?   Does the media doing the Illinois games.  Continue to mispronounce his last name ?  It's COCK burn. Cock Burn.  COCK BURN.  There, I said it correctly !  LOL

Great freshman. By the way. 

That's surely intentional to call him Coburn.  Maybe Kofi requested that after hearing how it translated here in the states?

...and yes...great freshman.  Was #8 on the list I saw that had Trayce at #6.  Big Ten Freshman of the year surely comes from one of those two.

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Wasn't Williams that killed us last game...it was Wheeler and Hunter for the most part...

Race will hold his own...

More than Williams we killed ourselves by not, for some inexplicable reason, showing up for a home game vs Purdue with RMK in attendance.

GREAT to see how we have turned it around and competed hard in the last two games. If we play the same way at PU it will be a close game. 

1 hour ago, IU878176 said:

More than Williams we killed ourselves by not, for some inexplicable reason, showing up for a home game vs Purdue with RMK in attendance.

GREAT to see how we have turned it around and competed hard in the last two games. If we play the same way at PU it will be a close game. 

It’s actually been 3 out of the past 4. This hasn’t been just a 2 game blip, IU played very well in the Iowa win as well. 

Archived