The can't wait for it IU vs PU pre-game thread

milehiiu

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly the Lander commit has me so looking forward to next year I almost feel like whatever happens this week happens. It's Purdue's and all of their fans Super Bowl tonight....regardless what they might offer up here or anywhere else today. They have zero margin for error and absolutely must win.

Would like to see us play with pride this time around. If we could steal one tonight or Sunday cool....if not take care of our home business next week and things will cool.

Won't be able to watch the game as I am Tennessee while my wife his on the Appalachian Trail, but I will be checking the score every minute. 

I would love a win but I just hope we play to our potential and make it a game. I wish for once we are the team shooting lights out while our opponent can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Go Hoosiers and HTD I can't wait to read your posts if we win!

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Honestly the Lander commit has me so looking forward to next year I almost feel like whatever happens this week happens. It's Purdue's and all of their fans Super Bowl tonight....regardless what they might offer up here or anywhere else today. They have zero margin for error and absolutely must win.

Would like to see us play with pride this time around. If we could steal one tonight or Sunday cool....if not take care of our home business next week and things will cool.

I disagree.   I don't want to see some walkon at PU go in the record books as the first 4 year player to never lose to IU.  I am tired of being completely dominated by PU.

33 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

I disagree.   I don't want to see some walkon at PU go in the record books as the first 4 year player to never lose to IU.  I am tired of being completely dominated by PU.

If the team doesn't have enough motivation to beat Turdue for so many reasons already (hated rival, loss at home, etc.), the added motivation of winning for Devonte and De'Ron so they won't go winless vs. them is there.

Go Hoosiers!

Image result for purdue loser gif

On 2/24/2020 at 8:45 AM, Stlboiler23 said:

I think that’s fair.  But I also don’t fault guys for playing at a La Lumiere to play legit teams every game and be better-prepared for college versus playing scrub teams haha. 

I don't like it(Prep schools) , but I don't fault kids who do, either. I'm not much of a fan of the entire "amateur" system as a whole though.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Ahh the Super Bowl comment again. It’s a rivalry game and it’s always important. But it’s not our Super Bowl lol (just like the game in Bloomington wasn’t our Super Bowl). I think that’s a silly thing to say TBH. 

10 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

My wife got the kids Disney On Ice tickets as a Valentine’s Day gift for us to take them to. Only did I realize about a week ago that it’s tonight at 7:00....better make sure my phone is nice and charged, lol 

The mile rule :  Before committing to anything your wife is planning. Always, always check the IU schedule first. 

It is imperative that IU guard the three point line tonight better than they have most of this season.  The games where Purdue drubbed MSU and Iowa at home, they were unconscious from deep.  As we have seen from other teams this year, it only takes one or two to get everyone going.  Lock down the 3 point shooters and take your chances with their inside guys

52 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

The mile rule :  Before committing to anything your wife is planning. Always, always check the IU schedule first. 

Haha, trust me I always do, but it was even a surprise to me that she got the tickets. When she handed them to the kids, it was the first I had known about them too. They were already bought and then after the fact I saw that it was the night we played Purdue. My hands were tied on this one....unless I tell her to take my mother-in-law instead!! Haha...but that probably won’t go over very well...

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Ahh the Super Bowl comment again. It’s a rivalry game and it’s always important. But it’s not our Super Bowl lol (just like the game in Bloomington wasn’t our Super Bowl). I think that’s a silly thing to say TBH. 

Barring a big run in big ten tournament, you lose tonight and you’re on the outside of the bubble for sure. We need the win just as bad, but we have more chances left. I don’t see you winning at Iowa and going 15-16 with you beating Rutgers at home won’t get you in. 

I wouldn’t say super bowl either, but it’s more important than just another game. 

Archived