The can't wait for it IU vs PU pre-game thread

milehiiu

1 minute ago, IUrocker said:

My hands were tied on this one....unless I tell her to take my mother-in-law instead!! Haha...but that probably won’t go over very well...

That's from the "Misery Loves Company" clause of every marriage license...it's in the small print...

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Haha, trust me I always do, but it was even a surprise to me that she got the tickets. When she handed them to the kids, it was the first I had known about them too. They were already bought and then after the fact I saw that it was the night we played Purdue. My hands were tied on this one....unless I tell her to take my mother-in-law instead!! Haha...but that probably won’t go over very well...

Well my wedding day happened to be on the same day IU and Purdue played.

13 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Barring a big run in big ten tournament, you lose tonight and you’re on the outside of the bubble for sure. We need the win just as bad, but we have more chances left. I don’t see you winning at Iowa and going 15-16 with you beating Rutgers at home won’t get you in. 

I wouldn’t say super bowl either, but it’s more important than just another game. 

I think that’s fair. But I heard the “Super Bowl” comment when we played in Bloomington too. I think it’s a lame thing to say TBH. 

3 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Won't be able to watch the game as I am Tennessee while my wife his on the Appalachian Trail, but I will be checking the score every minute. 

I would love a win but I just hope we play to our potential and make it a game. I wish for once we are the team shooting lights out while our opponent can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Go Hoosiers and HTD I can't wait to read your posts if we win!

She's not there with Mark Sanford, is she?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Sanford_extramarital_affair 

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Honest question for anyone on the board who is a student at IU, has a student at IU or interacts with students at IU on a regular basis.

Do IU students/Athletes consider Purdue as our Rival.  Do they dislike them as much as those of us from the past?

It doesn't feel that way, but i am not close to the students at all.

100%. Recent grad and can absolutely say we still consider them rivals and look forward to playing them. Would say most have lowered expectations for any game at Mackey but the games I went to at Assembly still had crazy energy

I’m not as high on this game for a few reasons:

1.  It’s a road game and we’ve shown more consistency to lay an egg on the road rather than play up to potential.

2.  It is a rivalry game at West Lafayette and the hostile crowd will be rocking.

3.  Purdue has been in a slump recently but seems to find its panacea when it plays IU.

4.  Archie has yet to beat Painter on the court, so it’s still a “prove it before I believe it scenario”

Do I want us to win? Absolutely!  Do I loathe all things train-related and the Purdue fanbase’s ability to chant “Boiler Up” in unison (which counts as course credit for advanced public speaking at Purdue)? Yup!  My heart wants to believe that we will pull this one out and dash what little hope little brother has left in making the tourney this year, but my head just isn’t there this season on the road.

2 hours ago, CTrojan88 said:

It is imperative that IU guard the three point line tonight better than they have most of this season.  The games where Purdue drubbed MSU and Iowa at home, they were unconscious from deep.  As we have seen from other teams this year, it only takes one or two to get everyone going.  Lock down the 3 point shooters and take your chances with their inside guys

Haven't seen any stats on this, but wondering if our 3pt defense has been any better since Archie adjusted/flattened out how the bigs defend ball screens? Sample size is small with just Minnesota and Penn State and neither of those are great 3pt shooting teams anyways, but it would be an interesting thing to track. 

2 hours ago, IUrocker said:

Haha, trust me I always do, but it was even a surprise to me that she got the tickets. When she handed them to the kids, it was the first I had known about them too. They were already bought and then after the fact I saw that it was the night we played Purdue. My hands were tied on this one....unless I tell her to take my mother-in-law instead!! Haha...but that probably won’t go over very well...

Never know until you try...

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

You can record it on Hulu and watch when you get home or delete depending on how bad it is.

This is one thing that has always confused me on these boards. I always see people posting about missing games for whatever reason and saying they'll just have to check their phone for score updates throughout whatever function is causing them to miss the game. 

Isn't this why DVR's and streaming TV were created? I almost never watch IU games live. I record almost all of them and then watch them later that day. It's not that hard to avoid Twitter, FB, etc. for a couple hours. I've even recorded noon Saturday games, avoided the score all day, and then watched them at like 9pm after the kids have gone to bed. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

This is one thing that has always confused me on these boards. I always see people posting about missing games for whatever reason and saying they'll just have to check their phone for score updates throughout whatever function is causing them to miss the game. 

Isn't this why DVR's and streaming TV were created? I almost never watch IU games live. I record almost all of them and then watch them later that day. It's not that hard to avoid Twitter, FB, etc. for a couple hours. I've even recorded noon Saturday games, avoided the score all day, and then watched them at like 9pm after the kids have gone to bed. 

I just can't do that because if I know IU is playing I have to know how they are doing and I have to follow it some how.

Archived