The can't wait for it IU vs PU pre-game thread

milehiiu

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

I think it'll be another game we're left wondering how the hell these losers keep beating us. 

Hope I'm wrong, and strangely have an underlying sense of optimism I can't shake.

You might be right.

That's why I will have this game on DVR. If the Hoosiers can pull out a win tonight, they might move up 1 or 2 spots in the NET, while Perdont will probably move up 5!!!  🙄

I hope these guys show more fire than they did last time......

8 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Ahh the Super Bowl comment again. It’s a rivalry game and it’s always important. But it’s not our Super Bowl lol (just like the game in Bloomington wasn’t our Super Bowl). I think that’s a silly thing to say TBH. 

Cool. I disagree. Is that ok? Or can we say the reversible jacket comment that many Boiler fans say just made up? Regardless....every single Purdue fan has this date circled on the calendar all year long. It's not an attack....just fact.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Cool. I disagree. Is that ok? Or can we say the reversible jacket comment that many Boiler fans say just made up? Regardless....every single Purdue fan has this date circled on the calendar all year long. It's not an attack....just fact.

And every IU fan doesn’t have this date (and the one in Bloomington) circled? Both fanbases do. 

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

And every IU fan doesn’t have this date (and the one in Bloomington) circled? Both fanbases do. 

Yes....of course. Which is why when you tried to deflect from it not being important and/or your Super Bowl it was funny to me. The same way you just deflected with this response. In the big scope of things though...this game means far more to Purdue fans than it will mean to IU fans. It's like Bama/Auburn. Texas/Texas A & M. Kentucky/Louisville. No shame in understanding what role your is in a rivalry. Little brother is little brother. 

Now I have to step away from the computer for 20 minutes....please don't confirm my thoughts that Purdue fans still remain as the most insecure fans in the Big 10 with a reply within 20 seconds.

1 minute ago, Hoosier3201 said:

Really need to win this game, I am a student at IU right now, and almost all of my close high school friends go to Purdue so I'd love to be able to lord the tourney and us having a win over them(because they sure did when we lost at Assembly)

I hear ya man. My HS friends who chose to go to PU were no longer friends of mine.  Including the one who was the first PU band master, who I happened to meet on a cruise years back for a HS reunion.

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yes....of course. Which is why when you tried to deflect from it not being important and/or your Super Bowl it was funny to me. The same way you just deflected with this response. In the big scope of things though...this game means far more to Purdue fans than it will mean to IU fans. It's like Bama/Auburn. Texas/Texas A & M. Kentucky/Louisville. No shame in understanding what role your is in a rivalry. Little brother is little brother. 

Now I have to step away from the computer for 20 minutes....please don't confirm my thoughts that Purdue fans still remain as the most insecure fans in the Big 10 with a reply within 20 seconds.

Disagree that it means far more to Purdue fans than IU fans but to each their own. For being little brother, we seem to hold our own in basketball and football. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Disagree that it means far more to Purdue fans than IU fans but to each their own. How often does “little brother” have such a commanding lead in both major sports? 

Point. Counter Point. And you know I love you.  But how many National Championships.... you know the things that really matter... does each school have ?  And I am not talking just about BB. But Swimming and Soccer as well.

Just now, milehiiu said:

Point. Counter Point. And you know I love you.  But how many National Championships.... you know the things that really matter... does each school have ?  And I am not talking just about BB. But Swimming and Soccer as well.

Purdue has 5 total...if you count cheerleading and the 1932 Helm Banner in basketball...

Sheesh...that isn't little brother, that's an embryo...

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Totally fair. But I think the notion that Purdue cares more about beating IU than vice versa is simply false. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Totally fair. But I think the notion that Purdue cares more about beating IU than vice versa is simply false. 

On that point. I would agree Each school loves beating the other.

And thanks for being a great civil poster/member of HSN.  Without you this place would be shallow. 

Archived