The can't wait for it IU vs PU pre-game thread

milehiiu

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, coachadragna said:

If you’re interested in watching the #iubb game & listening to commentary on their X’s & O’s, you’re in for a treat! Download the HotMic app & listen in tonight. The app syncs with your TV so commentary is in real-time!

07FA8AC6-83E4-4744-A851-98AD36B5BFB4.jpeg

Thank so much!!! There’s nothing better than listening to Don Fischer with the call...

Finally going to get to watch a game the way I like to best (outside of being in Assembly Hall or Nick’s)... At home, by myself, with a couple of beers and no distractions.  Haven’t been able to do that for the last four or five games straight.  Unfortunately this means that IU will most definitely lose and I will be bitching up a storm in the game thread.  C’est la vie.

23 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Totally fair. But I think the notion that Purdue cares more about beating IU than vice versa is simply false. 

It's not. Just isn't. We won't be able to convince you either way so no big deal....but if nothing screams insecurity or little brother more than Swanigan and his announcement for the NBA....what does? On his special day he still has IU on the brain. It's ingrained in your brain. 

There simply is a level of hatred at Purdue for IU that is not reciprocated. Yeah we are main rivals, but the vitriol and obsession exists at Purdue in a way it does not at IU. That's why we will always be their Super Bowl.

I know because I've had 2 brothers there. One said there was a skit during freshman orientation and a fake IU grad was on stage and he got booed like crazy, and there were weird shots taken throughout aimed at "that school down south".

Another brother said he was out at a Taco Bell near their campus drunk after a night at the bars when a huge "IU sucks" chant broke out. During a week neither teams played each other.

Heck I remember the first party I ever went to at Purdue had frat guys show up and they rewrote the words to our fight song and thought it was the greatest thing ever. I was like wtf, how are they this obsessed with IU.

Idk, maybe things have changed since I was an undergrad in the mid to late 2000s. You knew Purdue was a rival, but you spent no time caring about them enough to take shots when you were at a party or what not.

7 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

There simply is a level of hatred at Purdue for IU that is not reciprocated. Yeah we are main rivals, but the vitriol and obsession exists at Purdue in a way it does not at IU. That's why we will always be their Super Bowl.

I know because I've had 2 brothers there. One said there was a skit during freshman orientation and a fake IU grad was on stage and he got booed like crazy, and there were weird shots taken throughout aimed at "that school down south".

Another brother said he was out at a Taco Bell near their campus drunk after a night at the bars when a huge "IU sucks" chant broke out. During a week neither teams played each other.

Heck I remember the first party I ever went to at Purdue had frat guys show up and they rewrote the words to our fight song and thought it was the greatest thing ever. I was like wtf, how are they this obsessed with IU.

Idk, maybe things have changed since I was an undergrad in the mid to late 2000s. You knew Purdue was a rival, but you spent no time caring about them enough to take shots when you were at a party or what not.

There was a time. And I saw You Tube videos of it. When PU students would congregate at a specific spot on campus, every evening, game night or not. To chant : IU SUCKS! IU SUCKS !

Archived