Indiana University vs Duke basketball discussion thread

milehiiu

Guess it is ok to start talking about the game seeing as how IU has no games before November 29th, and Duke is finishing up in a tournament championship game on Sunday

Two teams laden with Freshmen.  In fact when Allen fouled out of the game against Texas, K finished the game with all freshman on the court. His top scorer is a freshman who finished with something like 36 or 38 points.

Gonna say it now.  Don't see a W in IU's future.  But have every expectation for perhaps the best game of the season for our Hoosiers.

Now.... it's your turn.   LOL

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Guess it is ok to start talking about the game seeing as how IU has no games before November 29th, and Duke is finishing up in a tournament championship game on Sunday

Two teams laden with Freshmen.  In fact when Allen fouled out of the game against Texas, K finished the game with all freshman on the court. His top scorer is a freshman who finished with something like 36 or 38 points.

Gonna say it now.  Don't see a W in IU's future.  But have every expectation for perhaps the best game of the season for our Hoosiers.

Now.... it's your turn.   LOL

I say our biggest advantage is that Duke will be coming off playing 3 game sin 4 nights on the West Coast.  With all those games plus the travel and hsort turn around could help us compete with them.

26 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I say our biggest advantage is that Duke will be coming off playing 3 game sin 4 nights on the West Coast.  With all those games plus the travel and hsort turn around could help us compete with them.

Agreed. It is my understanding that after Sunday's game, the Duke team will be flying back home, as classes start up again on Monday.  Then they will be flying to Indiana, rather than stopping in Indiana after Sunday's game. 

Assembly Hall will be the "6th" man and it needs to be loud!!! I've watched Dukes home games and their fans go nuts! It has to have some effect on the players, especially freshmen. Get loud, get a W and have those 5* recruits questioning why they didn't consider IU!! This will be on national TV and a good showing may sway someone like RL!!

GO HOOSIERS!

Maybe more than any other game, we need to get off to a fast start to get AH locked in from the very beginning. We can't have a half like we did against ISU. That sucked the air right out of the place and the fans were never able to get into it. I don't see us winning, however I really do believe that AH gives us a chance in every game. You never know.

While of course I want to win, I also don't want to see major regression in the areas of improvement. Lets keep our TO's down, take good shots, and play stingy D.

We’ve played down to competition so far, and played a real good first half against a ranked Seton Hall team on the road. We have gotten gradually better since the ISU game, so I’m somewhat optimistic. We may not win, but AH will be rocking and I think we will get off to a good start! Who knows, we just may knock off another #1

5 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

We will for sure see what kind of backbone our team has. We have some talent that could catch lightning in a bottle but we will have to play VERY disiplined, smart basketball while at the same time playing like we have nothing to lose....because.....well, we don't. 

Very well said.

13 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m not sure we have a prayer if Jesus was coaching us.  I’d love to be wrong but I just don’t see it. It will take a career night from about 6 guys for us.  I’m more interested to see how the Freshman and Sophomores react to this stage.

We have a prayer if their freshman get rattled.  I agree though that if Duke plays its game we lose handily.  The talent gap is just too big.   It's similar to when we played the John Wall Kentucky team.

Archived