Coronavirus

Reacher

3 hours ago, rico said:

The media is playing up this "pandemic" for all it is worth.  

Yeah.  There is a line between keeping the public informed and fueling the story.  The media has crossed way over that line on this one.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, rico said:

6 dead now.  RIP

All of which were elderly. And all were suffering from health issues.

This is not directed at your post. Please understand that.  As you have said. The media is out of control.  I am attempting to find out how many have died due to the flu over the past five years.  I hazard to guess.  Many more.

Edited by milehiiu

I took my weekly trip to Costco tonight. No bottled water, no rice or dried beans available. The clerk told me that two ladies came in at opening and bought 26 cases of water and 15 multipacks of toilet paper. People here in Arvada, CO seem to be spooked.

I just wanted a couple cases of water for my job site.

6 hours ago, milehiiu said:

This is not directed at your post. Please understand that.  As you have said. The media is out of control.  I am attempting to find out how many have died due to the flu over the past five years.  I hazard to guess.  Many more.

I was watching some show Sunday where they had some "medical analytical expert" and his take was that the coronavirus would not come close to the number people that die annually from the flu.

Two things that my ex-wife "taught" me that remain with me 'til this day.  1)  Never use a public pen to write with(bank, store, etc.).  2)  Never use a public drinking fountain.  The ex was a "germaphobe", she also was a RN.

8 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I see it from a slightly different point of view. When you have a child with serious health issues and were told that a common cold could cause your sons DNA to begin breaking down you take all virus very seriously.  The Flu, H1N1 now Coronavirus have all gained the attention of our family but we dont keep Ayden in a bubble just a little extra caution

2019-2020 U.S. Flu Season: Preliminary Burden Estimates | CDC

23 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I see it from a slightly different point of view. When you have a child with serious health issues and were told that a common cold could cause your sons DNA to begin breaking down you take all virus very seriously.  The Flu, H1N1 now Coronavirus have all gained the attention of our family but we dont keep Ayden in a bubble just a little extra caution

I totally get that.  CDC: 105 children have died of flu | American Academy of Pediatrics

Last year was the worst for flu deaths.  CDC: 80,000 people died of flu last winter in the U.S. - STAT

Stats so far from this season.   2019-2020 U.S. Flu Season: Preliminary Burden Estimates | CDC

22 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Praise God Ayden has overcome both Flu A and B this year and H1N1 as a baby.  

• Like 2

The daily Coronavirus death toll is reminiscent of the Vietnam body count. We just had more people die in the Nashville tornado.  1500 people die daily from cancer. We need a little perspective here. Sensible precautions are fine but people are going way overboard. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Reacher said:

The daily Coronavirus death toll is reminiscent of the Vietnam body count. We just had more people die in the Nashville tornado.  1500 people die daily from cancer. We need a little perspective here. Sensible precautions are fine but people are going way overboard. 

When I woke up this morning, the Tennessee death count was 6.  Now this afternoon, I just heard it is up 25. 

4 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Nothing more than politically motivated....

It is really more than that.  The media/press "sensationalize" everything in this day and age.  It just isn't the national guys either, the local media does their fair share.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

It is really more than that.  The media/press "sensationalize" everything in this day and age.  It just isn't the national guys either, the local media does their fair share.

I miss the days of the local newspaper in St Louis Michigan, the front page always had a picture of kids playing at the park, or some community event honoring somebody, something always positive. None of the death, mayhem and politics on the front page picture!

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, rico said:

They're only playing to a segment of their audience...

We had "Drama Queens/Kings" when I was growing up, but not nearly in the volume I see today...

Everything is offensive to some, scary to others, and I think the fact that through social media, you can say whatever you want, and take no real responsibility for it is the reason...in my day, gripe and complain if you want, but it was at your peril, too...

In Martinsville when I was growing up, if you started shooting your mouth off, someone was going to call you on it...you had to put up, or shut up...

The Paper Tigers of the internet age know they can just about say anything without repercussion...

And the media plays to that...

• Like 3