Coronavirus

Reacher

I'm so concerned that my wife and I are getting ready to go to the Houston Rodeo this afternoon to see Chris Young (whoever that is...she picked the concert)...here's my wife modeling our outfits...I tried to find em with cowboy hats, but no joy...

Screenshot_20200309-095718~2.png

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm so concerned that my wife and I are getting ready to go to the Houston Rodeo this afternoon to see Chris Young (whoever that is...she picked the concert)...here's my wife modeling our outfits...I tried to find em with cowboy hats, but no joy...

Screenshot_20200309-095718~2.png

Looks like you guys are going to a NASA concert...geez, I thought you said rodeo?  No cowboy hat?  No cowboy boots.  Hell no big belt buckle!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Looks like you guys are going to a NASA concert...geez, I thought you said rodeo?  No cowboy hat?  No cowboy boots.  Hell no big belt buckle!

Figure I might wear a string tie just to fit in...

I don't wear any of the regular Texas garb you mention above...my neighbor says I'm the reverse of the old saying...

"All cattle, no hat."

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

Wasn't sure where to put this, here or in the BBall section.

But I heard on the news where the IVY league has canceled their tournament due to coronavirus concerns.

New York Governor Cuomo has called the National Guard to do disinfecting and other things.

Austin Texas mayor canceled the south by southwest festival. People were staying in their homes and now he's begging folks to please go out and support local businesses.

TV shows, Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy will be filming shows without live audiences.....

13 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

For perspective, as of now, roughly .000000195% of the estimated US population have confirmed positive.  No way to know how many may be infected. 

Which is why it astounds me that our gay governor here in the state of Colorado declared an emergency for our state, just this morning.  All he is doing, IMHO is getting people upset.  Now, I am not saying it is something not to be concerned with.  But there are precautions, we all should be aware of.  However... declaring a state of emergency ?

And then, the New York governor called out the National Guard ?

I thought the media was doing a horrible job.    Till I hear about governors of several states freaking out for their citizens.

As  I have said at the beginning of the thread.  Don't panic.  And wash your hands..... frequently.  I have gone through scary things in the past. Like my cousin who got hit with polio as a kid, just months before the cure, and lived a full life. And so many other things. Like the Viet Nam War.  Spring is coming.  DO NOT PANIC !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DireBump said:

IU is closing at the end of the week, students are not coming back until April 6th. 

https://coronavirus.iu.edu/

I didn't bother to try and read the other thread on college basketball. I'm assuming that IU made this call because of 10,000+ students headed around the world the risk is high that someone brings something back?

17 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Something that will be interesting to see if it develops is the constitutional issues with quarantines and travel restrictions.

Well this old man will be travelling to Florida in a couple of weeks to George M. Steinbrenner field to take in a Yankee ballgame and I say

Corona virus be damned!!!!!!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Well this old man will be travelling to Florida in a couple of weeks to George M. Steinbrenner field to take in a Yankee ballgame and I say

Hey, no need to damn a hoax...right??  I mean, the man in charge said so.  And he's perfect...and it's a beautiful thing.

13 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

My wife. Who I can't disclose her age, due to discretion ( never ask a lady her age or weight, LOL) , already booked a flight to Florida in February, for the day after St. Patrick's day.  And always buy flight insurance due to our ages.  Yet, today. When I asked her if she intended to cancel. She looked at me, as if I were crazy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/7/2020 at 5:53 PM, mrflynn03 said:

Yes they did.  Apparently people dont know the real cure for coronavirus.  Pickleing yourself with beer and alcohol. Lol😂

I was in the midst of 80,000 Texans last night who were following your advice...

So I joined em...

• Like 1

So talking with my son tonight who is big time in construction management, they actually need DUST masks to do their work. They can not get them because they are all sold out! Doing some research, standard DUST masks are not all that effective against virus! This thing is WAY out of control!

Edit: As we ended the call, he and my daughter-in law were going in to tour the hospital that had the first reported coronavirus patient in the US! Why, because that is where my next Grandbaby is going to be born!

This is just another version of Flu, which by the way is still going around! 

Edited by Drroogh

5 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Which is why it astounds me that our gay governor here in the state of Colorado declared an emergency for our state, just this morning.  All he is doing, IMHO is getting people upset.  Now, I am not saying it is something not to be concerned with.  But there are precautions, we all should be aware of.  However... declaring a state of emergency ?

And then, the New York governor called out the National Guard ?

I thought the media was doing a horrible job.    Till I hear about governors of several states freaking out for their citizens.

As  I have said at the beginning of the thread.  Don't panic.  And wash your hands..... frequently.  I have gone through scary things in the past. Like my cousin who got hit with polio as a kid, just months before the cure, and lived a full life. And so many other things. Like the Viet Nam War.  Spring is coming.  DO NOT PANIC !

Please tell me how the sexual orientation of your governor is at all germane to this conversation other than dog-whistling your obvious homophobia and ignorance?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

So talking with my son tonight who is big time in construction management, they actually need DUST masks to do their work. They can not get them because they are all sold out! Doing some research, standard DUST masks are not all that effective against virus! This thing is WAY out of control!

I've seen pictures of people converting bras into masks, if that helps. :coffee:

• Like 1