Coronavirus

Reacher

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I am not going to live my life in fear and will go out and do things I enjoy.  Like is to short to live your life in fear and if you do you are pretty much putting yourself in a prison.

I work in South Bend. We were told to work from home until next Friday and I bet they'll extend it a few weeks. 

1 minute ago, GoshenFan84 said:

I agree. I'm ok with everyone who can just lay low for a few weeks. If mrflynn's intel is correct, this will quickly dissippate once spring has fully sprung.

I said from the beginning of this thread. Not to panic.  And wait for Spring to get here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I said from the beginning of this thread. Not to panic.  And wait for Spring to get here.

Until our inept president and his bumbling political admin begin to listen to medical experts...there's going to be panic.  They have to act!!!  You can't just say don't panic to people.  You have to take steps...like fix the freaking testing bottleneck, if you want people to stop feeling panic.  

4 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Until our inept president and his bumbling political admin begin to listen to medical experts...there's going to be panic.  They have to act!!!  You can't just say don't panic to people.  You have to take steps...like fix the freaking testing bottleneck, if you want people to stop feeling panic.  

I decided to take a peek in here with the NBA news etc...and I am quickly out of here lol. ✌️

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

I say this in a very non political way. If anyone trusts any government officials from an administration in any country they need to be evaluated.  Trust no governments EVER!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

No politics! There is no place for that right now. The government is not your friend and doesn’t have your best interest in mind when they make policy. Do what you have to do to take care of yourself and loved ones. Never depend on the government to take care of you.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Make sure you stock up on toilet paper.

12 hours ago, milehiiu said:

That is the case with the flu, but Australia is in summer and it is spreading there. So not sure the April no later than May ending for the flu will hold true for this virus.

16 minutes ago, Cutter said:

That is the case with the flu, but Australia is in summer and it is spreading there. So not sure the April no later than May ending for the flu will hold true for this virus.

Very true.  I suppose we just have to wait on scientists to come up with some answers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cutter said:

We'll see how it plays out but so far Australia has 128 confirmed cases from what I read. Summer heat wont eradicate it but should slow the spread significantly.  It's also possible this virus is an anomaly and not affected by heat but I dont think that's likely. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

Just now, jv1972iu said:

No worries.  POTUS will be tossing out rolls soon.  You know, like when he helped with relief in Puerto Rico, Rico.   💩

Get off the Trump references...no place for that here.  It is apparent what your stance is.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I'm a teacher.  We've been told to have plans ready for assignments students can do at home for a shut down.  The phrase, "It's not if, it's when," was used in a meeting.  

Pretty much what has been discussed in my area.  

9 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

No worries.  POTUS will be tossing out rolls soon.  You know, like when he helped with relief in Puerto Rico, Rico.   💩

Turn off the propaganda and watch a movie. Enjoy yourself. 

BTW, it was the Puerto Ricans that screwed up the hurricane response. Maybe they should vote to be a state instead of riding our coattails. 

• Like 2

Honest question. Supposed to have several friends coming in town this weekend for hoops, beer, cards,etc.....and I guess the unknown surrounding everything right now has me really confused. Are people just going about business as usual or would you guys/gals suggest delaying events for groups of people coming in from parts of country until we get a better grasp. 

I really don't have a clue.