Coronavirus

Reacher

8 hours ago, rico said:

Get off the Trump references...no place for that here.  It is apparent what your stance is.  

Rico, just wanted to apologize for getting political.  I let my emotions get out of hand.  I'm sorry for that...and will be more vigilant going forward.  I do understand the rule regarding politics and the reason.  Mea culpa.  Let's hope baseball season gets here sooner than later.  Go Reds!!  😁

1 minute ago, jv1972iu said:

Rico, just wanted to apologize for getting political.  I let my emotions get out of hand.  I'm sorry for that...and will be more vigilant going forward.  I do understand the rule regarding politics and the reason.  Mea culpa.  Let's hope baseball season gets here sooner than later.  Go Reds!!  😁

No big deal my friend.  No need to apologize whatsoever.  And YES...GO REDS!!!!!

16 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Disneyland in California is shutting down 'til the rest of the month.

Could Disney World, Universal Studios, etc., be far behind?

I follow several You Tube channels that cover Disney World/Universal. And surrounding area.  Nothing yet. However, would not be surprised Disney World and others get shut down before long. As well as Disney World's like in Japan and France.

Story :

Disney Closes Theme Parks Amid Coronavirus Outbreak – Variety

And after checking. Here is an update on Japan :

Tokyo Disney, Universal Japan delay their reopening dates

Edited by milehiiu

11 minutes ago, GoshenFan84 said:

Marion county Schools are shutting down. Chances are tomorrow will be the last day of school for awhile in Indiana

I’m a teacher and I fully expect tomorrow to be my last day for a while. Next week would have been our last week before spring break. The question now is, will we go back when we were scheduled to?

5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Any idea about high school or college graduation ceremonies?  Or is that still far enough away?

I would say that is too far in the future.  From what I am hearing these next 30 days will tell a lot.

14 minutes ago, rico said:

I would say that is too far in the future.  From what I am hearing these next 30 days will tell a lot.

Agree.  My educated prediction

Next week - continued spread to all states and growing number of cases.  Testing becomes more widely available

2 weeks - death rate sores in US to hundreds per day with total numbers in thousands, spread to essentially all communities

3 weeks - peak case numbers identified and death rates stabilize

4 weeks - stability in cases and deaths per day but numbers continue to mount

5 weeks - declining number of cases still stable growing death numbers

6 weeks - declining cases and deaths

7 weeks and beyond - virus fizzles 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bronkonagurski said:

I have my emergency supply of Kraft mac & cheese and Vienna Sausages here in the Fort. i'm good. 💪😎

What brand and flavor of vienna sausages.  I my favorite is armour bourbon bbq but hard to find. 

Edited by mrflynn03

32 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

Armour smoked. I usually prefer the normal BBQ or hot & spicy but the options were limited. Never heard of bourbon BBQ though! Dang! 

Bourbon bbq is great. Amazon is best bet to get it.  All armour Vienna sausages are good though. My second favorite is hot & spicy. 

Ohio health official estimates that over 100,000 infected in Ohio alone.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/ohio-s-top-health-official-estimates-people-in-ohio-infected/article_a1169122-64da-11ea-866b-b3ed4b637ee4.html

Negative take:  That's a very big number and will only get bigger.  Extrapolated over the entire U.S. and it's incomprehensible.

Positive take:  If that many people are truly infected, then the mortality rate is well below the 3.5% that's being tossed out on all of the comparisons against the flu.  Too early to tell what the real percentage is, but since I don't think Ohio has had any deaths so far it could really be much lower than what is being quoted.

• Like 2