Coronavirus

Reacher

Just now, Drroogh said:

Sneezed today at work and then blew my nose, everybody looked at me! I said relax, if you  have a runny nose, you don't have Coronavirus! They were like REALLY, and I said yes so I'm good!😃

I'm fighting seasonal allergies.  At work, I've been walking to the restroom to sneeze.  I don't want those looks.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I will gladly handle all of Target's cash for them.  Where do I report?

Gotta laugh about the money being a carrier thing.  So, I guess me having to touch a keypad that thousands of other people have touched today in order to type in my pin number is perfectly safe. 

smh.  

I'm using my Samsung Pay more often now so I don't have to touch the keypad.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Reacher said:

I'm using my Samsung Pay more often now so I don't have to touch the keypad.

I use Google Pay all the time...more convenient than taking my wallet out anyway...and with the card reader scams, probably more secure...

11 minutes ago, rico said:

Why would you test someone if they aren't showing symptoms?

Can't speak for others but the point you bring up is "potentially" at the core of the problem besides the actual virus itself. People have a cough or runny nose or whatever and they immediately go down the rabbit hole. My aunt works in a pretty significant hospital near Seattle. Nurses pulling 18 hour days, and are losing them because some have contracted the virus....they are running out of normal supplies like rubber gloves too and this is just the beginning. They are expecting the numbers to really increase almost to levels of Italy at least there locally. 

Scary situation for all but really scary for some who are working so close to it.

2 hours ago, rico said:

No new confirmed cases in Indiana...

West Virginia has not reported a case yet.  On the flip side, the top health official in Ohio is estimating that 100,000 in that state are infected.  

The two states share a border.  Someone's numbers are drastically wrong.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

West Virginia has not reported a case yet.  On the flip side, the top health official in Ohio is estimating that 100,000 in that state are infected.  

The two states share a border.  Someone's numbers are drastically wrong.

Well, I call BS on Ohio's numbers to start with.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Well, I call BS on Ohio's numbers to start with.

Me too...so much BS "information" out there right now...

Read a story about a Covid-19 "survivor"...yeah, she's 1 in 99...I'll take those odds any day...

I hate getting sick, but this isn't the Bubonic Plague...people need to calm down...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

If Indiana has 70,000 people infected, and neighboring Ohio has 100,000 people infected, and neither state has reported a death yet, then the numbers would suggest that this is not deadlier than the flu.  

• Like 2

What the heck is wrong with people? I’ve never seen so many panicky morons in my life.

Try to do some basic grocery shopping and idiots are buying up all the toilet paper and one stupid lady grabbed 8 gallons on milk? 

has everyone gone crazy? This is not the freaking plague, NO one is running out of toilet paper. What the hell is wrong with people? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

What the heck is wrong with people? I’ve never seen so many panicky morons in my life.

Try to do some basic grocery shopping and idiots are buying up all the toilet paper and one stupid lady grabbed 8 gallons on milk? 

has everyone gone crazy? This is not the freaking plague, NO one is running out of toilet paper. What the hell is wrong with people? 

8 gallons of milk? Doesn’t she know that even during a pandemic milk still goes bad after about 10 or so days in the fridge. I still don’t get the toilet paper thing. I guess the worst thing they can think of in a crisis is no TP. Once there started to be shortages, everyone started thinking they had to have more.  It’s like when the stock market get really high or low people either buy or sell at exactly the wrong time.

• Thanks 1