Coronavirus

Reacher

40 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Since he is not an NBA PLAYER  we are not allowed. We were told if symptoms appear dont go to dr or er,  have them come out to the car to test him. I am one that does not stress easily,  right now my stress level is very high. As of now we just sit tight and everyone but me have been home quarantined since Sunday but my job wont allow 

I know you have to be freaking out and I certainly would be too. The one thing that kids have as an advantage is that they don't seem to get sick from it, but I do remember reading that your son has some immunity issues. It sounds like you guys are doing everything you can to protect Ayden on your end. That's the one thing you have some control over. My thoughts are with you and your family. Can't imagine the fear coursing through your veins. Thinking of you guys.

6 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Not for me. Looks like large corporations lobbying paid off. If I got on leave I will have to burn all my vacation because my company ain't paying. 

I do have sick leave if I get sick or am declared so by a Dr. so that lasts for 6 months 

I've spent all day helping figure out ATC contingency plans...

If a tower has to close down, like MDW and LAS have in the past 2 days, you can still run planes in there at a reduced rate...

If the radar approach control gets shuttered due to a worker testing positive, then the Air Route Traffic Control Center (ARTCC) can take over, again, at a reduced rate...

If someone in an ARTCC tests positive, then it gets a lot more complex. 

Air travel is going to be tough for a while...

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Second staff member at Ayden's elementary just tested positive. I can't handle this. I have lots of faith in our GOD and I am putting all of it in him to protect Ayden. 

Praying hard for your son and your whole family...hang in there...

30 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I've spent all day helping figure out ATC contingency plans...

If a tower has to close down, like MDW and LAS have in the past 2 days, you can still run planes in there at a reduced rate...

If the radar approach control gets shuttered due to a worker testing positive, then the Air Route Traffic Control Center (ARTCC) can take over, again, at a reduced rate...

If someone in an ARTCC tests positive, then it gets a lot more complex. 

Air travel is going to be tough for a while...

FAA has pulled in all of their Field testing people. My check ride got Postponed. And if the flights don't have any more customers on them that what I saw Monday and Tuesday, The airlines would be silly to not cancel dang near every flight anyway. 

2 hours ago, rico said:

On my 7th day without sports.  Saw a strange woman sitting at my kitchen table this morning drinking coffee.  She says she is my girlfriend.  She seemed nice.

??? You're not into replays, I guess.  Numerous old classics on BTN.  I watched a Reds replay of a game with the Brewers from last season on Fox Sports channel.  That was surely the Fox Ohio channel, now that I think of it.  My guess is that your gf is a saint!!  😁

Again, being the half glass full kind of guy I am. Another positive.   Denver and our mountains are in the midst of a semi-blizzard.  Little to no drive time traffic, as people have sheltered due to the virus, resulting in hardly any crashes on the highways.  About the only cars getting stuck, are highway patrol cars.

9 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

The federal government requested on Wednesday for construction companies to contribute masks and respirators to hospitals.  The response was overwhelming in support. 3m has upped their manufacturing of masks into the millions.  Still. Sad to see this.  Borrowing from IUBB..... help is on the way.

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

The federal government requested on Wednesday for construction companies to contribute masks and respirators to hospitals.  The response was overwhelming in support. 3m has upped their manufacturing of masks into the millions.  Still. Sad to see this.  Borrowing from IUBB..... help is on the way.

Good to know.  Following a discussion on another forum I go to and reading how hospital supply runs on a thin margin. Hope they get stocked up fast. The healthcare workers need to be protected.