Coronavirus

Reacher

More and more NBA teams are getting tested.  Lakers and 76ers just announced positive results.  

My question is why are world class athletes, who presumably are healthy enough to fight the virus, getting tested when so many of the general population still cannot get tested.

• Like 1

My kids asked why I don’t get to be home too. Told them I wish I could (spend time with family and SOO much I need to get done around the house) but hospital lab never closes so I can’t be.
I know they knew that, I think it was just one of those things that hey we are all off why aren’t you...oh yeah😕
Anyway..... ready for this to be behind us.
Take care everyone and be smart about hygiene,etc

20 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

More and more NBA teams are getting tested.  Lakers and 76ers just announced positive results.  

My question is why are world class athletes, who presumably are healthy enough to fight the virus, getting tested when so many of the general population still cannot get tested.

$$$, celebrity. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Since he is not an NBA PLAYER  we are not allowed. We were told if symptoms appear dont go to dr or er,  have them come out to the car to test him. I am one that does not stress easily,  right now my stress level is very high. As of now we just sit tight and everyone but me have been home quarantined since Sunday but my job wont allow 

Adding your family to my prayers.  

If you guys have been really paying attention, details of Senate inside trading/selling off, now 2 nights ago I was seeing wall street guys sayi g they were about ready to buy back in.  Dow goes up yesterday.  Curious what today hold, the next 2 weeks, 2 months.  

I'm about 49% conspiracy theorist, 51% pragmatist.  My fearless prediction, only because in my trust in God, is this too will pass, and fairly soon.   In the meantime, take precautions but remain at peace.  

If you have any faith in God, read Psalm 91, it will bring great comfort.  https://biblehub.com/nlt/psalms/91.htm

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

If you guys have been really paying attention, details of Senate inside trading/selling off, now 2 nights ago I was seeing wall street guys sayi g they were about ready to buy back in.  Dow goes up yesterday.  Curious what today hold, the next 2 weeks, 2 months.  

I'm about 49% conspiracy theorist, 51% pragmatist.  My fearless prediction, only because in my trust in God, is this too will pass, and fairly soon.   In the meantime, take precautions but remain at peace.  

If you have any faith in God, read Psalm 91, it will bring great comfort.  https://biblehub.com/nlt/psalms/91.htm

Thanks!  I like that version very much!  ✌

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Looking at the data from this website 88.5% of test so far have been negative.

https://covidtracking.com/data/

Did not look at link yet but is that percentage for the 1st test. I saw a guy on CNN last night that tested positive but before leaving quarantine had to give 5 negative results.  Is data skewed because of that or because so many high profile people getting tested without symptoms.  Not disputing just wondering if those situations impact over results 

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Did not look at link yet but is that percentage for the 1st test. I saw a guy on CNN last night that tested positive but before leaving quarantine had to give 5 negative results.  Is data skewed because of that or because so many high profile people getting tested without symptoms.  Not disputing just wondering if those situations impact over results 

The link just compiles the data reported by states.  So I guess it depends on how a state reports. 

I didnt post it because it was a study done by the chinese but supposedly  the chinese have had a significant number of false positives.

IMHO, I think this was here in December and a significant number of people have been exposed and have probably already had it. 

22 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

The link just compiles the data reported by states.  So I guess it depends on how a state reports. 

I didnt post it because it was a study done by the chinese but supposedly  the chinese have had a significant number of false positives.

IMHO, I think this was here in December and a significant number of people have been exposed and have probably already had it. 

My feeling as well. Also heard a podcast from a Dr. That thinks many Flu B, positives were actually Corona.  Not sure but I can see how 1 might think that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

The Senate insider trading is a travesty. They should all resign and be prosecuted. Enough of this two tiered justice system. 

Fridays market looks to start up. Will be interesting to see if the gains hold throughout the day.  I think we could go down a little more. If we rally here, watch for a restest of the lows.  Do think the worst is behind us and there are excellent bargains to be had. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I understand that's why its happening.  What I don't understand why it's allowed.  

Why? Money and fame always bring with it privilege. Whether in life or courtroom or in healthcare. Quite honestly I want all the superstars tested because each time one of them tests positive it probably helps thousands actually take it more seriously. 

19 minutes ago, Reacher said:

The Senate insider trading is a travesty. They should all resign and be prosecuted. Enough of this two tiered justice system. 

Fridays market looks to start up. Will be interesting to see if the gains hold throughout the day.  I think we could go down a little more. If we rally here, watch for a restest of the lows.  Do think the worst is behind us and there are excellent bargains to be had. 

Would love to know their broker's reaction too. At the height of a great bull market you want me to dump all your positions Mr/Mrs Senator? Yes...now! they reply....their broker sells positions and immediately starts selling their own because selling at that time would never make sense unless someone knew something.

Shoot the one's husband is President of NYSE. Can't believe she would take the risk.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

My feeling as well. Also heard a podcast from a Dr. That thinks many Flu B, positives were actually Corona.  Not sure but I can see how 1 might think that

Here you go.  Right from the horse's mouth so to speak.  Funny, I never saw this on the news.  IMO the panic is coming because we didn't acknowledge it was here and it got ahead of us.  Not pointing fingers, just a fact I think.

• Like 1

I have all of my staff and faculty working remotely from home. We are now approaching 4,000 cases in NYC. It's not safe for them to commute, even though the subs are much less crowded.

Some of my staff are fairly young - in their 20s - and this is really freaking them out. I have one research assistant who has asked if he can return to his parents house in Iowa and work remotely from there. Poor kid, he just moved to NYC 6 months ago and thought he was living the dream.

On a positive note, my wife and I walked to our local Mexican place last night after placing a carryout order. It was a beautiful spring evening - the trees are starting to bloom here. When we got there, the staff already had our order together and we were all happy to see each other. They are now selling quarts of their frozen margaritas and man did they taste good!

We left them a 50% tip, b/c I consider what they are doing hazard pay worthy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

I have all of my staff and faculty working remotely from home. We are now approaching 4,000 cases in NYC. It's not safe for them to commute, even though the subs are much less crowded.

Some of my staff are fairly young - in their 20s - and this is really freaking them out. I have one research assistant who has asked if he can return to his parents house in Iowa and work remotely from there. Poor kid, he just moved to NYC 6 months ago and thought he was living the dream.

On a positive note, my wife and I walked to our local Mexican place last night after placing a carryout order. It was a beautiful spring evening - the trees are starting to bloom here. When we got there, the staff already had our order together and we were all happy to see each other. They are now selling quarts of their frozen margaritas and man did they taste good!

We left them a 50% tip, b/c I consider what they are doing hazard pay worthy.

How many quarts did you buy? None of my business but curious because although I don’t drink now when I was young a quart of margaritas wouldn’t have lasted my girlfriend and I maybe an hour lol

• Like 1

Cuomo closes the state of New York.  Everyone stays home except essential services workers. ** Maybe close is the wrong word.  He said 100% workforce reduction.  He had an entire list of rules regarding what people need to do and not do.  There will be penalties, fines for not following them.

Edited by jv1972iu