Coronavirus

Reacher

28 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Did he have the giant gavel he would use to wake up sleeping students when you were there?  I got that a time or 2. Got the message across. 

I feel like I should take this to a PM, but I loved him as a teacher and he's even better as a friend.  I just have to get used to calling him "Don".  No gavels on Wednesdays nights...he's enjoying retirement.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Muckraker said:

We're lucky that the effects of the virus have not  crippled any of our truly vital industries, like utilities, Ag, logistics, etc. 

Totally agree.  My stepdad is and electrician at a power plant.  Power,water,rail, and trucking fails....societal collapse within days. 

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Here is where the rubber meets the road. The new owner of our business said a week ago we had nothing to worry about a now that governor has shut us down in will find out. Not getting the warm fuzzy feeling I was looking for.b

So. Is your new owner going to continue to give you a paycheck thru this thing ? 

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Here is where the rubber meets the road. The new owner of our business said a week ago we had nothing to worry about a now that governor has shut us down in will find out. Not getting the warm fuzzy feeling I was looking for.b

Any owner/leader who said or says we had nothing to worry about is not a leader. This is going to be a slog. My people know that I am taking them and their health seriously and most importantly that I don't have all the answers. I had a programmer ask me about wearing masks in late January. I told him that I didn't think it was necessary then, but that we should start tracking numbers. People kind of made fun of him and now he's looking like the smartest person in the room.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Any owner/leader who said or says we had nothing to worry about is not a leader. This is going to be a slog. My people know that I am taking them and their health seriously and most importantly that I don't have all the answers. I had a programmer ask me about wearing masks in late January. I told him that I didn't think it was necessary then, but that we should start tracking numbers. People kind of made fun of him and now he's looking like the smartest person in the room.

I should have said as employees he would make sure we had nothing to worry about.  10 days of no clients paying invoices unfortunately may have changed his tune

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

We shall soon see.  If not we would have lost mine and wives income. Hopefully he does what he told us. The problem is our customers are not paying 

Best wishes.  Stay strong.  I can't imagine what you are going through right now. Considering Ayden ( still and always HSN's mascot) and possible income loss for you and your wife.

23 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Best wishes.  Stay strong.  I can't imagine what you are going through right now. Considering Ayden ( still and always HSN's mascot) and possible income loss for you and your wife.

It's all about Faith.

Yesterday Ayden and I watched the Rocky movie marathon.  Even thought he owns all the movies. After we decided to rank Rocky's opponents.  Ayden looked up a list to see how our list matched up but on the website list #2 was Father Time #1 The English language 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

It's all about Faith.

Yesterday Ayden and I watched the Rocky movie marathon.  Even thought he owns all the movies. After we decided to rank Rocky's opponents.  Ayden looked up a list to see how our list matched up but on the website list #2 was Father Time #1 The English language 

Just heard about business owners who are taking out lines of credit. In order to pay their employees. 

Just now, milehiiu said:

Just heard about business owners who are taking out lines of credit. In order to pay their employees. 

Remember the story of my Grandfather who owned a pipe fitting business in Gary when the depression hit. Kept hoping it would turn around, but refused to stop paying his employees until the money ran out! 

Hopefully and praying we don't have a huge amount of similar stories amongst this outbreak, but I have my doubts.

28 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

It's all about Faith.

I absolutely love the Rocky series.  Rocky and Allopo had a special relationship.  But I think the 2nd fight when Rocky beat the crap out of clubber Lang was the pivotal moment in the series.  Beat him in round 3 I believe.

BTW.  Rocky 5 sucks. But they redeemed themselves. And the Creed movies are very well done. 

Also, prayers and faith in god hasn't failed me yet.  And your family is in my prayers too. Keep the faith. 

Edited by mrflynn03

7 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Remember the story of my Grandfather who owned a pipe fitting business in Gary when the depression hit. Kept hoping it would turn around, but refused to stop paying his employees until the money ran out! 

Hopefully and praying we don't have a huge amount of similar stories amongst this outbreak, but I have my doubts.

If you mentioned you had a connection to Gary, I forgot about it. And my apologies. The city I was born in and grew up in.  God bless the memory of your Grandfather.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Mr. Spillman had a joke about toilet paper.  Went something like this.

Little old woman walks into to the store and asks what kind of toilet paper they have. Clerk says we have top shelf premium and is our most expensive, and we have our store brand which is ok and more affordable.  Woman asks what's on the bottom shelf, clerk says that's our cheapest called John Wayne toilet paper, its rough and tough and doesnt take shit off anyone.  

I remember the first mission trip to Russia, they warned us to bring some TP with us. Turns out their TP was more like Crepe Paper than Charmin. Thankfully it's gotten a lot better over the years!

Edited by Drroogh

13 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I love these personal stories from each and every one of you.  Helps keeps our minds off of what is going on. Please keep them coming.

My wife is self employed and really struggling with anxiety over this. I'm trying to calm her down. 

I remember one of my mine an my dad's favorite movies, Heartbreak Ridge with my favorite actor Clint Eastwood.  

Georgia Governor just ordered the closing of Bars and Clubs and also barred any gathering of 10 or more people unless they can maintain a distance of 6'. Did not lock the state down, guess I'm still going to work tomorrow.

That being said even our A.... director, admitted probably within a week we will be shut down. 5 of 11 assembly lines were shut down today because of no shows. Even though the company has said they will pay 2 weeks for Virus related missed days, we all know it will be more than 2 weeks. Praying for all the people on the line that make less than McDonalds employees!

Edited by Drroogh

There will be an end!!

Talking with my vendor program manager in Wheat Ridge CO today, they have 11 direct Chinese employees. Two of them have been on lock down in WuHan, one of them I get weekly tooling updates from. They are now thinking come end of the month they will be allowed to go back to the office!

Edited by Drroogh

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

We shall soon see.  If not we would have lost mine and wives income. Hopefully he does what he told us. The problem is our customers are not paying 

I work mostly in healthcare. I was told today to not expect pending invoices for at least 90 days from a few of our clients. Guess that's why rainy day funds were created. Hope everyone stays safe!