Coronavirus

Reacher

3 minutes ago, Coach1K said:

For those who work in the healthcare field particularly in physician offices are those deemed essential or are they closing them?

I know chiropractors in Indiana are considered essential and are still open. Physicians aren't booking non essential services like annual checkups where I am. 

Edited by mrflynn03

2 minutes ago, Coach1K said:

I was just curious the healthcare company I work for is mostly physician practices.

Physician practices should remain open, but hopefully with much less foot traffic. You could not pay me to visit a doctor's office right now. A lot of offices are trying telemedicine for the first time and they are starting to loosen the payment restrictions on telemedicine, but I think it's a long process.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

There will be an end!!

Talking with my vendor program manager in Wheat Ridge CO today, they have 11 direct Chinese employees. Two of them have been on lock down in WuHan, one of them I get weekly tooling updates from. They are now thinking come end of the month they will be allowed to go back to the office!

Actually kind of upset that this post seems to have been completely blown by!! I am talking about people at ground zero! People I communicate with on a weekly basis!

• Thanks 2

CDC will come out of this looking pretty bad, IMO. It is their job to be prepared and the weren't- on a number of levels.

https://abc3340.com/news/nation-world/exclusive-former-hhs-official-claims-cdc-leaders-lied-to-trump-over-coronavirus-testing

“From my conversations with members of the task force, both inside and outside the administration,” Meekins told Sinclair in an exclusive interview, “The U.S. government, from Secretary Azar to the president relied on the Centers for Disease Control to produce a test; they failed....CDC said they would handle it....What we have found out is that these leaders at the CDC lied to both the HHS secretary and, by extension, the president. And as a result the nation got weeks behind.”

Edited by Reacher

"Alex Azar, secretary of HHS, told Congress last month that the stockpile contains 12 million of the more protective N95 masks. He said there were an additional 5 million N95 masks that may have passed their expiration date.

That number pales in comparison to what could be needed in a serious outbreak. Government scientists in 2015 estimated that a severe flu outbreak infecting 20 to 30 percent of the population would require at least 1.7 billion of the N95 respirators.

The national stockpile used to be somewhat more robust. In 2006, Congress provided supplemental funds to add 104 million N95 masks and 52 million surgical masks in an effort to prepare for a flu pandemic. But after the H1N1 influenza outbreak in 2009, which triggered a nationwide shortage of masks and caused a 2- to 3-year backlog orders for the N95 variety, the stockpile distributed about three-quarters of its inventory and didn’t build back the supply."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-18/hospital-makes-face-masks-covid-19-shields-from-office-supplies

4 hours ago, Muckraker said:

I chuckle about the TP frenzy, since it is completely unwarranted, but it does serve the purpose of keeping people distracted from hoarding things that other people might actually NEED. 

It all makes sense, we've just been looking at it wrong.

A lot of guys are spending more time at home...with internet access.

I bet vaseline numbers have spiked too, people are just more discrete about buying 5 tubs of that than they are 5 cases of TP.

4 hours ago, Drroogh said:

There will be an end!!

Talking with my vendor program manager in Wheat Ridge CO today, they have 11 direct Chinese employees. Two of them have been on lock down in WuHan, one of them I get weekly tooling updates from. They are now thinking come end of the month they will be allowed to go back to the office!

Thank goodness I don't live in Wheat Ridge. For those that don't know. Wheat Ridge is kind of a small enclave West of Denver. A city, with their own police force, etc. But when they need it, get support from the Denver police force, which is very close by. Having said that. We do order delivery from one local Chinese restaurant. In fact had a delivery, just last week. Been in business for decades now. All speak perfect English.  Don't think I have a worry there .  

Edited by milehiiu

Our company is deemed essential so we'll be staying open with zero on site customer interaction.  I told my employees we would stay locked down just as we were last week.  6 feet is no issue as we each have plenty of individual space.  I also told them not to come in if they were not comfortable doing so or if they needed to take care of children.  Still waiting to see if the federal government is going to help if my employees have to stay home...what a frustrating and annoying mess.

12 hours ago, Muckraker said:

We're lucky that the effects of the virus have not  crippled any of our truly vital industries, like utilities, Ag, logistics, etc. 

Speaking of Ag, John Deere is an essential business.

https://www.wqad.com/article/news/john-deere-deemed-essential-and-will-remain-open/526-535159e3-0e21-4c88-b3ad-ed5bc174c37d

So with that means Tammy's(GF) job is safe.  As her company does work for JD.

• Like 4

Just a general question and comment about this link.

https://www.wthr.com/article/some-local-restaurants-may-never-recover-coronavirus-outbreak

I have several people I've known over the years in restaurant/bar industry as owners/managers/bartenders/servers,etc....here's my comment. I certainly feel empathy for all involved. I really do. I also know that the world didn't get turned upside down until roughly 12 days ago. These owners are all talking about having to close or they won't make it,etc.....now to my question. Are you telling me all of these nationwide restaurants can't see 2-3 weeks of little to no business without closing? How thin of a line are they walking in every day life if they can't handle a down turn for a month? 

Hopefully my comment/question doesn't come across the wrong way but each day I wake up and it's help this restaurant, help this bartender, help this server.....and we should....but I also think we should help the barber or salon or the bowling alley guy or fill in the blank....why is it only the bar/restaurant industry?

• Like 2

Earlier in this thread, last week, I joked that the local Fox tv station had laid off their traffic reporter, due to a drastic reduction in traffic in the Denver metro area.  Well, guess what ?  They no longer are doing traffic reports. And she is not appearing on air.

Also yesterday, I posted about the Denver mayor imposing a stay in place order. Which included a mandatory closing of all Denver liquor stores.  That led to a panic as lines, blocks long surrounded Denver liquor stores.  Within three hours, the mayor rescinded his order to close the Denver liquor stores.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

https://www.wthr.com/article/some-local-restaurants-may-never-recover-coronavirus-outbreak

I have several people I've known over the years in restaurant/bar industry as owners/managers/bartenders/servers,etc....here's my comment. I certainly feel empathy for all involved. I really do. I also know that the world didn't get turned upside down until roughly 12 days ago. These owners are all talking about having to close or they won't make it,etc.....now to my question. Are you telling me all of these nationwide restaurants can't see 2-3 weeks of little to no business without closing? How thin of a line are they walking in every day life if they can't handle a down turn for a month? 

Hopefully my comment/question doesn't come across the wrong way but each day I wake up and it's help this restaurant, help this bartender, help this server.....and we should....but I also think we should help the barber or salon or the bowling alley guy or fill in the blank....why is it only the bar/restaurant industry?

Not that I don't agree with you, but the restaurant and bars will be deemed essential.  Barbers and salons would not be

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Good questions/points.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

I dont drink so definitely not for me.  But i assume most still have the ability to make some food, and so far I've seen bars and liquor stores deemed essential 🤷‍♂️

I can see a liquor store...but not a bar, unless they have the ability for carry-out food.  FWIW the AmVets in South Whitley has been closed.

• Like 2

Bars as well as restaurants in Colorado have been granted the ok for takeout liquor.  Just like Lostin76, who lives in Brooklyn reported to us earlier in this thread.

Keep it coming folks. We are hearing more about what is going on, where you live, than on the national news.