Coronavirus

Reacher

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

In Indiana, the percentage of deaths as compared to the number of cases, is one of the highest in the country.  Indiana has 12 deaths on 365 cases.  Compare that to Maryland, with only 3 deaths on 349 cases, or North Carolina, with no deaths on 410 cases,  

And, Illinois has 12 deaths like Indiana, but on 1,285 cases.  

Thank you for your reply.  Take care Hoosiers.

Should Congress ever get off their asses ( not naming names) and finally put into action relief checks for my fellow Americans.  In the case that my wife and I get a check. We have already decided to pay those checks forward. As in both of our cases, though we are retired. God has blessed us both with life time incomes.

With God's blessing. America will get through this.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Is this a situation of more cases. Or. More screening being done ?  I see this happening all over the country. And must confess. I am confused.

Surgeon general said this week not to panic as numbers go up because of more testing.   The positive is mortality rates keep trending down.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Surgeon general said this week not to panic as numbers go up because of more testing.   The positive is mortality rates keep trending down.  

Thank you for your reply.  Just this morning, I was saying to my wife that the current Surgeon General looks awfully young for his position. As previous SG's that I remember seemed to me elderly people.

Yet, I came to find. He is only young looking for his age, and has served in Indiana, and was an assistant professor at IU :

Jerome Adams 

Edited by milehiiu
  • Like 1

Not close to getting tested still but good news I guess is that I went to my primary doctor (busy man in Cali) was finally able to see him and immediately placed me on medical isolation when explaining my symptoms since he has already had patients that tested positive before knows what to look for and he suspects I have it but unfortunately still not enough tests for me or the other average joes like me 😔.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Calihoosier said:

Not close to getting tested still but good news I guess is that I went to my primary doctor (busy man in Cali) was finally able to see him and immediately placed me on medical isolation when explaining my symptoms since he has already had patients that tested positive before knows what to look for and he suspects I have it but unfortunately still not enough tests for me or the other average joes like me 😔.

Prayers lifted up for you

12 minutes ago, Calihoosier said:

Be safe. Do your part for the time being. Do a ton of work out there from Bay to Orange County. Very, very scary times...problem is when you have a state that has more people than Canada it's hard to get everyone to comply....or simply put even want to comply. 

31 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

My wife and her coworkers , who work at a nursing home, have been told they have to use the same mask for three days. Fortunately her mom, a retired nurse, has a few left over she is doing to give her. 

Very similar situation.  My daughter is an oncology nurse at Riley. My step mother in law has been making masks and donating them to local nursing home 

1 hour ago, Calihoosier said:

Stay safe. Stay strong. 

We’ve only been sending out tests for less than two weeks ( and they are taking about 3-5 days to get results back). So I agree with the thinking that positives are only going up because of more testing now.  We probably send out at least 30 a day and that’s from a smaller hospital.  No positives yet...that I’ve seen at least.  

Yesterday. I posted about the great job our truck drivers, both long haul and local are doing for our great nation.  Today. I learned that McDonald's is offering curb side service for our truckers, who are not able to utilize the drive through service.

15 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Yesterday. I posted about the great job our truck drivers, both long haul and local are doing for our great nation.  Today. I learned that McDonald's is offering curb side service for our truckers, who are not able to utilize the drive through service.

I work for a trucking company in Indy and we are having some trouble getting them enough loads to haul.  Our biggest customer is Subaru and they are shut down and we do other automotive so it hard on them.  Starting tomorrow I am going to be working from home because I can do invoicing from home.

Just saw the new numbers for Indiana and we are up to 365 cases and 13 deaths. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I work for a trucking company in Indy and we are having some trouble getting them enough loads to haul.  Our biggest customer is Subaru and they are shut down and we do other automotive so it hard on them.  Starting tomorrow I am going to be working from home because I can do invoicing from home.

Just saw the new numbers for Indiana and we are up to 365 cases and 13 deaths. 

God bless you Scott.  And your drivers.   And love the fact that your biggest customer is Subaru. The car of choice in the mile family for over three decades now. After all we live in Colorado, right ?  All wheel drive to get us through any adverse weather condition.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, milehiiu said:

God bless you Scott.  And your drivers.   And love the fact that your biggest customer is Subaru. The car of choice in the mile family for over three decades now. After all we live in Colorado, right ?  All wheel drive to get us through any adverse weather condition.

Lots of Subarus around here.  I've always heard they have major head gasket issues at the 100k mark which has always scared me off.  All the Toyotas and Hondas I've had have been bulletproof. 

14 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I'm in Texas... What's a Suburu? 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Lots of Subarus around here.  I've always heard they have major head gasket issues at the 100k mark which has always scared me off.  All the Toyotas and Hondas I've had have been bulletproof. 

I've never had that issue.  Never had one, but Toyota makes a good product.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watched, Indianapolis news Wednesday morning ..  My the fog was thick.  Funny, one news lady's husband stayed up all night, building her a studio in her house. In which she was reporting from.

56 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Have a 2004 Toyota solara.  350,000 miles and still going strong. Minimal PM. 

13 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

What do they drive down there?  F150s, Rams, and Silverado's?

Well, let's put it like this... I drive a Nissan (Maxima) to work every morning, and between semis, duallys, and pick-ups, I'm the rare exception. 

But they all drive them like they're Ferrari's...

Edited by IUFLA

16 hours ago, rd726 said:

We’ve only been sending out tests for less than two weeks ( and they are taking about 3-5 days to get results back). So I agree with the thinking that positives are only going up because of more testing now.  We probably send out at least 30 a day and that’s from a smaller hospital.  No positives yet...that I’ve seen at least.  

Plus, to handle the backlog of tests, in CA they are saying to test only if it will change the treatment option. Also, they are saying to prioritize testing for patients already admitted to the hospital. The ratio of positive to negative test results is ~10% across the entire nation. That means people are having symptoms, but have strep/flu/cold 9/10 times. Considering these changes, I think we'll see the ratio increase. 

I'm really excited to start hearing results from the hydroxychloroquine, azathioprine, and zinc cocktail that has worked, anecdotally. They started a big trial in NYC yesterday. 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Well, let's put it like this... I drive a Nissan (Maxima) to work every morning, and between semis, duallys, and pick-ups, I'm the rare exception. 

I remember before Nissan, they were called Datsun.  In Colorado, we ask :  "What's a Nissan ? "   LOL  back at ya.  Thanks for being a great HSN member. 

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Glad you clarified Maxima. I would have figured a Titan if driving a Nissan in TX :D

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

It's pretty much the same here in Georgia and I drive on a two lane highway! We probably have a few more cars. But Trucks are the majority.