Coronavirus

Reacher

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

The only way we will truly know the number of people infected is to do blood testing for anti bodies.

I will do it because I want to know if this is what knocked me out for 3 weeks in January. 

Couple questions and yes I’m obviously an antagonist. ( is that the correct word?) 

is it worth money (Yours or mine) to verify you had something 3 months ago yet changes nothing other than knowing? 

I want every freaking person in the US tested, so we can put a price per person that we’ve spent 2 TRILLION dollars on, And that’s just so far. 

Courts and insurance companies have a new worth of a person to calculate into their algorithm. 

17 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Couple questions and yes I’m obviously an antagonist. ( is that the correct word?) 

is it worth money (Yours or mine) to verify you had something 3 months ago yet changes nothing other than knowing? 

I want every freaking person in the US tested, so we can put a price per person that we’ve spent 2 TRILLION dollars on, And that’s just so far. 

Courts and insurance companies have a new worth of a person to calculate into their algorithm. 

If it's cheap enough yes. 

Is the second part a statement? Because I totally agree.  So far imho, social distancing has been and will be an abject failure. I dont think they factored in human nature when developing this idea. 

And we need as much valuable data as we can get so the cost/benefit of this policy can be analyzed.

We need to know if our economy and peoples livelihoods are worth flushing down the toilet with the paper that no longer exists.

Edited by mrflynn03

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

If it's cheap enough yes. 

Is the second part a statement? Because I totally agree.  So far imho, social distancing has been and will be an abject failure. And we need as much valuable data as we cant get so the cost/benefit of this policy can be analyzed.

We need to know if our economy and peoples livelihoods are worth flushing down the toilet with the paper that no longer exists.

Yes the second was a statement. I started with a good direction and scope.... but then AADD kicked in. I’m good at that. 

Obviously this thing is serious but damn. I guess I would rather hurt for a week or two (maybe even pass), than ruin 10,000 people’s lives to take care of me.... while I’m one of those 10,000. 

29 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Apparently millions may have had it. Knowing who has will let people know its safe to return to work. I think eventually it may be a part of everyones routine bloodwork.

5 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Yes the second was a statement. I started with a good direction and scope.... but then AADD kicked in. I’m good at that. 

Obviously this thing is serious but damn. I guess I would rather hurt for a week or two (maybe even pass), than ruin 10,000 people’s lives to take care of me.... while I’m one of those 10,000. 

I'm stubborn, so would take alot to convince me otherwise,  but I believe this was here in December.  If the healthcare system was going to be overwhelmed it probably would have already happened.  

If the Chinese were honest and we did this social distancing back in early January at the latest then it probably would have been effective.  But it's too late now. 

And I feel the decision for this was made without enough information.  Haste makes waste after all

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Apparently millions may have had it. Knowing who has will let people know its safe to return to work. I think eventually it may be a part of everyones routine bloodwork.

Definitely here to stay. And if it has flu like infection and mortality rates, imagine having both a flu and covid season. Yikes!

1 minute ago, Reacher said:

I agree but am only starting to understand my feelings about this. What I feel happening is a total Armageddon type over reaction. 
We have to have the data to feel safe about anything like, living. But I fear (kinda) that the data will only prove that the reaction was truly NUTZ driving us to potential Armageddon type reactions. 
Once this train started off the tracks there was honestly no place at all to go except follow the train. 
I guess my biggest fear is that this exercise may be only data for someone to use it against us in the future.... that is if that isn’t exactly what’s being done now. 

4 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I agree but am only starting to understand my feelings about this. What I feel happening is a total Armageddon type over reaction. 
We have to have the data to feel safe about anything like, living. But I fear (kinda) that the data will only prove that the reaction was truly NUTZ driving us to potential Armageddon type reactions. 
Once this train started off the tracks there was honestly no place at all to go except follow the train. 
I guess my biggest fear is that this exercise may be only data for someone to use it against us in the future.... that is if that isn’t exactly what’s being done now. 

If people dont properly prepare after this, then I dont know what to tell them. I've been preparing for an event like this since the market tanked in 2008.  I really dont have a need to go grocery shopping for 4-6 weeks. Only random items I may need that so far are still available. 

Wife thought I was crazy when I told to stock up on paper good about 3 weeks ago. Not so much now. She is all on board. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I see both a rational rationale and an overreaction. We can't have the morgues overflowing (like in NYC) but no need to shut the country down.  There has to be a middle road.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

If people dont properly prepare after this, then I dont know what to tell them. I've been preparing for an event like this since the market tanked in 2008.  I really dont have a need to go grocery shopping for 4-6 weeks. Only random items I may need that so far are still available. 

Wife thought I was crazy when I told to stock up on paper good about 3 weeks ago. Not so much now. She is all on board. 

Man I am so, totally with you. I’ve got a 4’x8’ pantry. It’s just the wife and I, ( with the exception that she’s a major coupon’er and the daughters raid the closet weekly) and we don’t need much. Hell this shut down feels like a vaca, and I work from home to start with! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I started picking up extra food stuff, soaps and paper products in early February. At that time I was mostly just worried about supply chain issues from China. By the time everyone here started going apesh!t over toilet paper and bottled water I had all that stuff covered. Like you, I’ve been keeping the basement shelves and freezer stocked with food for years now, mainly in case of natural disasters.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Muckraker said:

Up here it was A-10s. They'll really pucker your pooper when they swoop in from behind. 

When A-10s were sitting on the taxiway waiting to takeoff at any airport I ever worked at, if an F-15, 16, or 4 was making a practice approach, they'd snort at the Warthogs... Funny stuff... 

Edited by IUFLA

I find out tomorrow if the department is sending me to Lilly to get tested.  Found out yesterday that a patient we went on at a Wal-Mart 11 days ago tested positive.  I've shown no symptoms and my medic did most of the patient contact work but I was within 6 feet and doing the questioning.  Came out as unconscious person, to find patient sitting up drinking juice, first thought is dibetic until she says flu like symptoms for 3-5 days with cough.  Boom, put a mask on her.  So at least we had that going for us to limit exposure.  

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I find out tomorrow if the department is sending me to Lilly to get tested.  Found out yesterday that a patient we went on at a Wal-Mart 11 days ago tested positive.  I've shown no symptoms and my medic did most of the patient contact work but I was within 6 feet and doing the questioning.  Came out as unconscious person, to find patient sitting up drinking juice, first thought is dibetic until she says flu like symptoms for 3-5 days with cough.  Boom, put a mask on her.  So at least we had that going for us to limit exposure.  

Hope all goes well for both you and your co-worker......

On a side note, my wife did get her stitches (14), removed yesterday by her doctor. Pretty nasty gash that will take several weeks to heal.

Edited by Proud2BAHoosier
  • Thanks 1