Coronavirus

Reacher

In the UK, James Dyson, the vacuum billionaire, has designed a new ventilator.  He has an order for 10k from the UK govt.  Plans to donate 5k to international fight against the virus.  Pushing to get production ramped up for April delivery.  Wonder if we're talking with him?

5 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

In the UK, James Dyson, the vacuum billionaire, has designed a new ventilator.  He has an order for 10k from the UK govt.  Plans to donate 5k to international fight against the virus.  Pushing to get production ramped up for April delivery.  Wonder if we're talking with him?

Thanks !  Here's a story :

Dyson to make 15,000 ventilators 

https://www.foxnews.com/world/south-africa-spain-restricting-dog-walking-amid-coronavirus-outbreak

So my friend in Russia has a friend in Spain she has been talking to. She said dog walking had started to get out of hand, because neighbors without dogs were borrowing dogs to walk just so they could go outside. Said the dogs were getting walked so much they were starting to refuse.

Sounds like we'll be hearing something on Indy 500 soon. One of Indy's sports guys just tweeted out plenty of conference calls going on today. My guess is we'll know soon. If it's postponed there's a two week window in August that would allow for full schedule to be run but TV would have to work itself out.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sounds like we'll be hearing something on Indy 500 soon. One of Indy's sports guys just tweeted out plenty of conference calls going on today. My guess is we'll know soon. If it's postponed there's a two week window in August that would allow for full schedule to be run but TV would have to work itself out.

Fingers crossed that we have a race at some point this year.

FYI...

Fox is presenting a star studded "at home concert" Sunday night @ 9 pm on all of their channels/platforms to help raise money to combat the Corona Virus. List of recording artists is long and impressive. Elton John hosts.

Might beat watching re-runs.

3 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

And now we're back to where we started, really, on Prof. Gupta's team's latest studies indicating that as few as 1 in 1000 who become infected are serious enough to need hospitalization. Well, if that proves out over time, then this entire world economic meltdown may have been just unnecessary.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

It’s going to be blazing hot. 

It was a little over 100 heat index wise for the 100th. Can't be any worse than that. 

Edit-Found this online. Past 7 Aug 23rd high/low temps.

2019--79/64 2018--79/55 2017--79/61 2016--81/63 2015--82/66 2014--84/72 2013--82/68 2012--88/63

Edited by Seeking6

13 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

And now we're back to where we started, really, on Prof. Gupta's team's latest studies indicating that as few as 1 in 1000 who become infected are serious enough to need hospitalization. Well, if that proves out over time, then this entire world economic meltdown may have been just unnecessary.

Maybe so, but that's just one opinion.

It was just yesterday someone said "The death rate likely will continue to rise until it peaks".  

24 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Maybe so, but that's just one opinion.

It was just yesterday someone said "The death rate likely will continue to rise until it peaks".  

Whoever said that should have really thought about rephrasing. 

Maybe saying "expect the death rate to climb until it reaches its peak."  Would have been better. 

Poor phrasing and presenting data in a dishonest manner is fueling the hysteria and it is a snowball going downhill.  

44 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It was a little over 100 heat index wise for the 100th. Can't be any worse than that. 

Edit-Found this online. Past 7 Aug 23rd high/low temps.

2019--79/64 2018--79/55 2017--79/61 2016--81/63 2015--82/66 2014--84/72 2013--82/68 2012--88/63

I remembered one around that time was awful. I couldn’t remember if it was 15 or 16. I was going to look that up later tonight. Thanks for saving me the work. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Plenty of time to put them up.  Wrigley field went unlighted for years.  Just saying.

Putting lights up at IMS has been discussed for years. I’d say it’s more likely to happen due to a) new ownership and b) the circumstances. Obviously any lights for this year would be the temporary kind.

It does stay light late that time of year, but you are still dealing with the issue that has always been there of turning 300,00 loose on the little town of Speedway late in the evening.  That was always a sticking point with the Hulman- George family. They tried to be courteous to the residents of the town. 

Whatever happens I’ll be there in turn one when the green flag is waved. 

6 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I remembered one around that time was awful. I couldn’t remember if it was 15 or 16. I was going to look that up later tonight. Thanks for saving me the work. 

Yeah. Unlike us in Colorado, you guys have to factor in the humidity . Hey, we once had a Indy car facility East of Denver. How about opening it up again for the 500 this year, and all you guys could join me for the race ?  J/K.  But I really want a race this year.