Coronavirus

Reacher

34 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Just saw that Russel Wilson is donating one million dollars to the citizens of Seattle, Washington... to provide for meals for them.  This is what America is all about.

Washington has been hard hit by this virus. So... thank you Russel and your wife for this generous contribution

Side note. .... My mother was born and raised in Tacoma, Washington. Before her father moved her and the rest of her family to Gary, Indiana. 

Amazing how we have all come together.

God bless HSN.

I have a story. 

My paternal grandmother is of swedish descent(like 100%) from Lincoln, Nebraska.  My paternal grandfather (Irish) was from Worthington, IN.  They met in San Francisco while my grandpa who was in the Navy was on furlough before he went to Korea.  When he got back they got married. And here I am, a 6'3 balding pissed off swedish blonde headed firedbeard.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Dont know how many are into 90's country but Joe Diffie died today of coronavirus complications.  

I had never heard of him (I like country music, just not my favorite) til I heard his name in a Chris Young song "Raised on Country."

"I was raised on Merle, raised on Willie
Got my Honky Tonk attitude from Joe Diffie
Daddy did too, it's family tradition
If someone cranks it up, you can't help but listen
My upbringing sounds like George Strait singing
And I gotta give props to the radio
'Cause if you know me, I was raised on country"

Memorialized forever now...

• Like 1

Don't like what I am seeing here.  Who is going to even be honest? This is going too far IMO.  We have really come to the seizure of personal property?

Executive order from the governor of Colorado-

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sp3le5zUavA3GKM_omeDXpm7FNfL-wSt/view

"I request that any Colorado business or non-hospital health care facility, whether
veterinary, dental, construction, research, institution of higher learning, or other,
in possession of PPE, ventilators, respirators and anesthesia machines that are not
required for the provision of critical health care services undertake an inventory of
such supplies by no later than March 26th, 2020 and prepare to send it to the State
of Colorado. I direct the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) to allocate any
supplies received pursuant to this order to support activities related to the
COVID-19 response."

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Don't like what I am seeing here.  Who is going to even be honest? This is going too far IMO.  We have really come to the seizure of personal property?

"I request that any Colorado business or non-hospital health care facility, whether
veterinary, dental, construction, research, institution of higher learning, or other,
in possession of PPE, ventilators, respirators and anesthesia machines that are not
required for the provision of critical health care services undertake an inventory of
such supplies by no later than March 26th, 2020 and prepare to send it to the State
COVID-19 response."

To be fair, that is a request at this time, the state is not seizing property yet. I don’t know of any construction companies that have done that.  All the companies I’m dealing with are rationing what they have and are looking for more. 

3 hours ago, Reacher said:

COVID-19 response."

Look what my wife found today!!! With the stock market going crazy, we could be sitting on a Gold Mine!!! BTW, there's 20 of them in the box. Don't know how long we've had these as they were stored in our garage for who know how long.....

respirators.jpg

Edited by Proud2BAHoosier

48 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Look what my wife found today!!! With the stock market going crazy, we could be sitting on a Gold Mine!!! BTW, there's 20 of them in the box. Don't know how long we've had these as they were stored in our garage for who know how long.....

respirators.jpg

Get that baby up on ebay!

I found 2 in my basement. Saving for my parents or if someone else in the family catches it.

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Wouldn't surprise me if China started resurrecting the dead, and have their number of deaths actually start decreasing.  :coffee:

Meanwhile, I see where Russia reported their 9th death today, which is fewer than Vermont.  Protective measures apparently working extremely well in Vladland.   :coffee:

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Wouldn't surprise me if China started resurrecting the dead, and have their number of deaths actually start decreasing.  :coffee:

Meanwhile, I see where Russia reported their 9th death today, which is fewer than Vermont.  Protective measures apparently working extremely well in Vladland.   :coffee:

On Russia, heard this one the other day:

Putin going through Customs

Q Anything to declare

Putin - No

Q Occupation?

Putin - No, just visiting

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

On Russia, heard this one the other day:

Putin going through Customs

Q Anything to declare

Putin - No

Q Occupation?

Putin - No, just visiting

On the survival side, my friend is scared, she has friends in Milan, Spain and France and the first hand accounts she hears she says are scary! Thing is Russia is somewhat of a closed country so they are behind, but it is coming! And yes the numbers are probably not reality! Haven't actually heard any stories of testing so who knows if it's propaganda or just don't know!

Back on the humor side when things started to become clear in Russia one of the jokes was, 

Finally Russians can go visit the Museums and historic sites because all the Chinese Tourists are gone!

A bit of good news...Italy's number are definitely decelerating the last two days...here's my charting for the last five days in Italy:

Total cases-deaths- -Recoveries - Active cases-death rate

80,589            8,215          10,361            62,013 10.19%
           86,498            9,134          10,950            66,414 10.56%
           92,472          10,023          12,384            70,065 10.84%
           97,689          10,779          13,030            73,880 11.03%
         101,739          11,591          14,620            75,528 11.39%
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

A bit of good news...Italy's number are definitely decelerating the last two days...here's my charting for the last five days in Italy:

Total cases-deaths- -Recoveries - Active cases-death rate

80,589            8,215          10,361            62,013 10.19%
           86,498            9,134          10,950            66,414 10.56%
           92,472          10,023          12,384            70,065 10.84%
           97,689          10,779          13,030            73,880 11.03%
         101,739          11,591          14,620            75,528 11.39%

You need to build a spreadsheet that adds in the differences fields so we don't have to calculate in our own heads that after averaging about 6000 new cases the last date was 5000!

Now I'm staring to sound like my bosses boss since we started telecommuting! OMG I've turned into one of them!!

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

You need to build a spreadsheet that adds in the differences fields so we don't have to calculate in our own heads that after averaging about 6000 new cases the last date was 5000!

Now I'm staring to sound like my bosses boss since we started telecommuting! OMG I've turned into one of them!!

If you were paying me, I would. 😜

Just as important as the new cases, check out the active cases...appears like they are plateauing.  We are a few weeks behind them here and still in acceleration mode:

Total         Deaths     Recoveries     Active  Death Rate

81,896        1,174           1,864           78,858    1.43%

96,968        1,477           2,453           93,038    1.52%

116,448        1,943           3,224         111,281    1.67%

133,240        2,363           4,378         126,499    1.77%

156,690        2,870           5,211         148,609    1.83%

Edited by FKIM01
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Spain may catch Italy in total number of cases.  Likely won't pass them in deaths, but total cases a possibility.

And the strange thing about Spain! My friend talking to her friend in Spain, is that the people there are actually of a nature where they are really following the lockdown guidelines! Instead of going to spring break and such!

Dang, what a cad I am. (old England slang for an unreliable person)

Re-realized that I get my dozen or so project updates on Monday from Sherry. Don't really know her other than the weekly updates, but about a week and a half ago I found out she lives in WuHan!

Just sent her my personal well wishes!

Thanks here for helping me keep it real!

Edited by Drroogh

As of this afternoon, the U.S. has just under 3,000 deaths.  Sitting at that number, and looking at how much chaos and anxiety that has created, I'm trying to get my head around 100,000 deaths being a 'good' outcome.   That's hard to comprehend.