Coronavirus

Reacher

39 minutes ago, rico said:

Anybody else's car/truck getting 3 weeks per gallon?

Went to Tractor Supply yesterday to get some herbicide (they are an essential business around here) and I was amazed as to how many people were out and about. We're not under a state lock down yet...but I think it's coming.

First time I've driven my truck in a week.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DWB said:

Went to Tractor Supply yesterday to get some herbicide (they are an essential business around here) and I was amazed as to how many people were out and about. We're not under a state lock down yet...but I think it's coming.

Lots of people out here and we are under lock down.

But yeah, yesterday was the first day I have drove my truck in 10 days.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DWB said:

I was really shocked and disappointed when I left the house yesterday to gas up and fill my gas cans for mowing...it was a nice day and I saw several large groups of people hanging out in the parking lots and walking around together etc. One may have been a family, but others certainly were not...I am thinking it is going to take longer to "flatten the curve" because many still aren't taking social distancing seriously.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's what I'm seeing today. Bank of America is the only bank up and running. They are also only giving loans to businesses with past loans or lines of credit. I'm a Chase and PNC guy and neither institution had the ability to do a thing today. Also...if I'm a BOA customer and didn't get a chance to get $ because it was already accounted for by larger clients/companies,etc.....I'd be shopping for a new bank tomorrow morning.

I was able to apply at Chase yesterday for the payroll protection loan for my wifes business. Now waiting on a call back from them for a phone interview. Wonder how long that will be? Been more than 3 days and have heard nothing about her EIDL. 

They want you to be a current customer to satisfy the Know Your Customer and Patriot Act rules. Otherwise they would need all sorts of additional info. Big banks are worried about trying to abide by the government regs and not getting much assurance. I get it. However, we had no problem waiving all sorts of red tape when they needed a bailout in 2008. They should be being much more accommodative. It has been a nightmare dealing with Chase lately.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I was able to apply at Chase yesterday for the payroll protection loan for my wifes business. Now waiting on a call back from them for a phone interview. Wonder how long that will be? Been more than 3 days and have heard nothing about her EIDL. 

They want you to be a current customer to satisfy the Know Your Customer and Patriot Act rules. Otherwise they would need all sorts of additional info. Big banks are worried about trying to abide by the government regs and not getting much assurance. I get it. However, we had no problem waiving all sorts of red tape when they needed a bailout in 2008. They should be being much more accommodative. It has been a nightmare dealing with Chase lately.

Good luck...I hope this works out for small business owners and we working class folks...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Plenty of people are applying but at any bank (not named BOA) the loans or help are in wait mode....and as far as I can tell will be. The yellow triangle if you will. Haha

35 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Denver has suspended all fees for buses and trains beginning Sunday. And instituted a rear entry only policy.

I think it's great cities are doing this from a financial aspect but I guess my first question is if they are waiving fees....wouldn't that cause more people to use and the more people who use close proximity public transportation causes more harm than good?? No win situation I guess.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I think it's great cities are doing this from a financial aspect but I guess my first question is if they are waiving fees....wouldn't that cause more people to use and the more people who use close proximity public transportation causes more harm than good?? No win situation I guess.

Haven't ridden a bus in years. I think those that don't have the need, won't be using them just because it is free. 

42 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I was really shocked and disappointed when I left the house yesterday to gas up and fill my gas cans for mowing...it was a nice day and I saw several large groups of people hanging out in the parking lots and walking around together etc. One may have been a family, but others certainly were not...I am thinking it is going to take longer to "flatten the curve" because many still aren't taking social distancing seriously.

I live on North Side of Indy and honestly only go to 3 places (Kroger, CVS, Gas Station) so my view of what's going on out there is very limited....but to me it seems like traffic has slowed down but again I go out early and get my stuff done before others wake up. 

Only place I'm seeing an uptick in traffic is Monon Trail....of course with warmer temps that's to be expected.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I think you may be right. In my neighborhood, many are walking their digs, running, walking, and bike riding. And they are not practicing safe distancing!

My wife and I only see our grandkids via facetime on the phone, so I guess that beats nothing.....

Last week I was bored, so I went to Buffalo Wild Wings in Kankakee IL with my parents.  We decided we'd eat in the Walmart parking lot to do some people watching, and it looked just like any other day.  The parking lot was packed and people were in and out nonstop.  Just saw yesterday that their rate of getting infected is the 3rd highest in the state.  Not surprised at all.

33 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I think you may be right. In my neighborhood, many are walking their digs, running, walking, and bike riding. And they are not practicing safe distancing!

My wife and I only see our grandkids via facetime on the phone, so I guess that beats nothing.....

That stinks about you not being able to see your grandkids...hopefully we get through this sooner than later and you can visit them in person in near future!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Chicago is broke. They have lost convention business, sporting events, etc. And they are waiving fees for various things-

"Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot announced that debt collection in the city will be suspended until April 30 for a variety of fines, and utility bill payments will also be delayed. Also during this time, Chicago will suspend all booting and towing, and only issue parking tickets for public safety reasons."

I can see taxes going up more and even more people leaving as a result.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

Chicago is broke. They have lost convention business, sporting events, etc. And they are waiving fees for various things-

"Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot announced that debt collection in the city will be suspended until April 30 for a variety of fines, and utility bill payments will also be delayed. Also during this time, Chicago will suspend all booting and towing, and only issue parking tickets for public safety reasons."

I can see taxes going up more and even more people leaving as a result.

Hope you people, especially you dog owners will appreciate this :

I will survive

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The state of New York will likely have more cases than either Spain or Italy by the end of next week.  Honestly, unless the weather helps knock this thing down, I'm not sure what will.  

We need a national lock down for at least 2 weeks.  Domestic travel ban etc.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, rico said:

We need a national lock down for at least 2 weeks.  Domestic travel ban etc.  

If we are going to lock everything down I agree with a national lockdown. This piecemeal approach is going to exacerbate things. 

Totally down with a domestic travel ban. Saw your article about the suburban from texas not being welcome in kosciusko county. I have seen several cars with texas plates the last couple weeks. What the hell are they doing up here?

Edited by mrflynn03

I can't believe air travel is still a thing. I plan my essentials trips (which are already rare) like I'm going on a top secret mission into enemy territory. I can't imaging going through a TSA line and then sitting in a flying canister breathing recycled air for however long. This thing is going to drag out until everyone gets serious and stays the hell home.  

• Like 1

Went to the grocery store for the first time in about 3 weeks. This place has an on site butcher. And the meat section was cleaned out of pretty much everything. I'm noticing people dont like seafood or pork chops.

So am glad I had the wife fill up the freezer before this kicked off. 

My concern has always been a disruption in the supply chain. Maybe we will rethink the just in time production method after this.

Edited by mrflynn03

23 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

If we are going to lock everything down I agree with a national lockdown. This piecemeal approach is going to exacerbate things. 

Totally down with a domestic travel ban. Saw your article about the suburban from texas not being welcome in kosciusko county. I have seen several cars with texas plates the last couple weeks. What the hell are they doing up here?

Yesterday I saw a Louisiana plate go by my house here in rural Warsaw.