Coronavirus

Reacher

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

Wife is about to cut my hair for the first time. Wish me luck. 

Ps. That guy from Louisville is a first class douche.  

My son and I have been cutting each others hair for years.  Hope she does well enough for you.  It's amazing the money you will save over a period of time.

Just now, milehiiu said:

My son and I have been cutting each others hair for years.  Hope she does well enough for you.  It's amazing the money you will save over a period of time.

Dont have much left up top anyway. So maybe this will be a new money saving adventure.

27 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

So a before and after pic. She did a very good job.

Still dont understand why I'm losing my hair!!!

And it took CV to figure that out? I actually started cutting my own hair years ago, because the only barber in town was an old school southern racist! Sometimes the worst of things create the worst hair cuts!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

So a before and after pic. She did a very good job.

Still dont understand why I'm losing my hair!!!

Your losing your hair because you are married! Every married guy I know is losing their hair or going gray or in my case both! :coffee:

All joking aside, looks like she did a good job...and my wife cuts my hair too!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mr. Flynn.  Your wife did a great job.  I really mean that. And trust me. Not saying she did badly.  Will only get better over time.  And you will come to appreciate it more as the savings over time continue.

Having said that. My wife has been going to the same place for over 40 years now. To get her hair done.  Place is shut down, as is all other places.  So my concern goes out to the ladies, who are not able to get their hair done.  As well as to owners who have no income coming in now.  My wife talked to the person who has been doing her hair all these years.  And thankfully.... her landlord is not asking her to pay any rent during this trying time.

American's coming together. Like never before.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, rico said:

Texas sets up road blocks on main roads along Louisiana border according to CBS.

Damn Cajuns...

Seriously, I think that's going a bit far. Again, to me, there are constitutional considerations. It's like the DUI/drug checkpoints. I don't agree with those either...

Your rights are never going to just all be snatched away at once. They'll just slowly erode...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Damn Cajuns...

Seriously, I think that's going a bit far. Again, to me, there are constitutional considerations. It's like the DUI/drug checkpoints. I don't agree with those either...

Your rights are never going to just all be snatched away at once. They'll just slowly erode...

Nobody is gonna have any constitutional rights if we are all dead from this spreading virus.

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Nobody is gonna have any constitutional rights if we are all dead from this spreading virus.

This isn't "project blue." 

"All dead" is a little over the top...

I see people and businesses taking sensible steps. More people wearing masks, less people in the stores. We'll overcome this thing.

And while I worry about the police having carte blanche to stop a car for no lawful reason now, I worry more about the precedence it sets for the future...

• Like 1

I see where Italy's death numbers are being called into question.  Seems as though in order to be counted as a fatality, you had to die in a hospital from the virus.  Does not count those that passed in a nursing/old folks home.

From economist Brian Wesbury-

"During the Great Depression, the suicide rate in the US hit the highest level in history.  Recessions are traumatic, both physically and emotionally. Anxiety and depression multiply the problems of being jobless. The consequences are very real, though often hard to track.

The faster the economy opens again, the less the long-term damage.  But this would mean government has to do a cost-benefit analysis of economic damage as well as the health costs of Coronavirus.  So far, that’s not happened.  It’s time government set up a Coronavirus Economic Task Force.

It’s true that $2 trillion in government bailout money, and trillions more from the Fed, will blunt the damage.  But it won’t stop the atrophy.  It just slows it down.  More importantly, it significantly grows the power of government.  It also boosts demand for goods, while the shutdowns artificially hold back supply, which causes inflation because demand exceeds supply.

One thing to remember is that even leaving parts of the economy open – grocery and drug stores, gas stations, restaurants for take-out, etc. – risks spreading the virus.  So, by choice, we are already taking risk.  Let’s expand that risk assessment and take into account all the risks, including the economic ones.

Things need to change.  Why can’t landscapers work?  Construction crews in many states are still working.  Why can’t factories or machine shops that normally produce 8 hours a day, go to 24-hour production schedules – three, 8-hour shifts with fewer employees?  If I can pick up food, why can’t I eat somewhere 6 feet away from others?  There have to be a million ideas.  Let’s start thinking about them, because the costs of the shutdown must be balanced with the benefits. It may not be possible to “do no harm” in the response to this pandemic, but we can at least try to “do the least harm.” "

Very well put IMO. Echoing many of the thoughts already posted in this thread!

Edited by Reacher
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Welp, I'm getting cabin fever and told my wife let's hook up the RV and go camping to a nearby campground. I figured the campsites are far enough apart that we would abide by the social distancing. Well the governor nixed that idea by closing all state parks until April 20, for now....

Oh Well...

Feel sorry for you. The state park, which is within walking distance of my house is still open. They have posted an alert on their website about social distancing.

Colorado Parks & Wildlife - Cherry Creek