Coronavirus

Reacher

19 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I was driving home from work once a while back and found myself swerving to avoid the flying mattress, from the roof of the car in front of me ....

I had a guy drop an upright refrigerator on I-69 about 100 yards in front of me last year...was dodging doors, shelves, ice trays...

Then this happened about 5 years ago, again on I-69 Northbound, just outside Porter...a tire came jumping over the median wall and took out the driver's side mirror and gas door of my Tundra, leaving a nice dent as well...

IMG_0277.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I had a guy drop an upright refrigerator on I-69 about 100 yards in front of me last year...was dodging doors, shelves, ice trays...

Then this happened about 5 years ago, again on I-69 Northbound, just outside Porter...a tire came jumping over the median wall and took out the driver's side mirror and gas door of my Tundra, leaving a nice dent as well...

IMG_0277.JPG

Just thinking you should probably stay inside, lol.....😄

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

IMG_0277.JPG

Defensive driving classes should say just go drive around Houston 

• Like 1

Weirdest birthday ever. First birthday without dad (passed away last fall). First birthday spent alone with no family around. And no sports. It takes a toll on the mind and the emotions. Maybe the old normal will no longer be normal but at this point I'd be willing to settle for semi-normal. I don't know. Cheers to you all. Just rambling while watching some old Bears games on YouTube. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

Weirdest birthday ever. First birthday without dad (passed away last fall). First birthday spent alone with no family around. And no sports. It takes a toll on the mind and the emotions. Maybe the old normal will no longer be normal but at this point I'd be willing to settle for semi-normal. I don't know. Cheers to you all. Just rambling while watching some old Bears games on YouTube. 

Happy Birthday!🎈 

4 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

Happy birthday and condolences to you on the passing of your father.

And I completely understand how you feel. I need something to year up to relieve my frustrations.

7 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

Happy Birthday Bronkonagurski!🎂 Praying we will all see light at then end of this tunnel soon!

I really dont understand why people are acting like this thing is fundamentally different than other viruses.  The industry I work in deals with avian flu almost annually.  Thank god it isn't transmissible to humans because it acts just like what this article describes.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/12/the-coronavirus-can-travel-at-least-13-feet-new-study-shows/amp/

If this thing is as widespread and contagious as they say then we should be experiencing much higher mortality rates.

I'm more convinced everyday that this has become an experiment in population control. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I really dont understand why people are acting like this thing is fundamentally different than other viruses.  The industry I work in deals with avian flu almost annually.  Thank god it isn't transmissible to humans because it acts just like what this article describes.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/12/the-coronavirus-can-travel-at-least-13-feet-new-study-shows/amp/

If this thing is as widespread and contagious as they say then we should be experiencing much higher mortality rates.

I'm more convinced everyday that this has become an experiment in population control. 

Well they do have a proven, tested blueprint now. Now get in the cattle cars everyone.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

This virus is different from other virus in the same way a German Shepard is different from a Poodle. They’re both dogs, they both share the same characteristics, they both have similar behavior traits, but they’re different types of dogs. 

COVID19 and the flu are fundamentally the same because they are both viruses; they spread similarly and both exhibit the same symptoms. I don’t see that anybody is disputing this. COVID19 is different because it’s 2x more contagious than the flu and the symptoms are delayed. That fact that people unknowingly spread it is it’s most dangerous trait.

And we are experiencing higher mortality rates than the flu. It’s 10x more deadly. 

It didn’t have to be this way. If our elected officials and federal agencies acted on this back in January when they were getting numerous warnings; the social distancing wouldn’t have to be on this scale. If they weren’t ‘blind’ to the virus and had a way to test/track it sooner, then they could have shut specific cities where clusters were present, rather than the whole country. They had 2 months to prepare, but didn’t act until it was too late. This is going to go down in history as one of the most epic failures. Nothing like a good conspiracy theory about ‘population control’ to distract us from this very fact. 

• Like 1

@tdhoosier

I do not at all disagree about it being very contagious, which is why I dont think it is as deadly as we are being told.  

As for the "conspiracy theory"  maybe the governor of michigan shouldn't restrict people from buying garden seeds or from going fishing in a boat.  Or the mayor of LA shouldn't  offer rewards to people for snitching on others.  Or the talking drones in Elizabeth, NJ.  I believe at this point, governments are just seeing what they can get away with. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

This virus is different from other virus in the same way a German Shepard is different from a Poodle. They’re both dogs, they both share the same characteristics, they both have similar behavior traits, but they’re different types of dogs. 

COVID19 and the flu are fundamentally the same because they are both viruses; they spread similarly and both exhibit the same symptoms. I don’t see that anybody is disputing this. COVID19 is different because it’s 2x more contagious than the flu and the symptoms are delayed. That fact that people unknowingly spread it is it’s most dangerous trait.

And we are experiencing higher mortality rates than the flu. It’s 10x more deadly. 

It didn’t have to be this way. If our elected officials and federal agencies acted on this back in January when they were getting numerous warnings; the social distancing wouldn’t have to be on this scale. If they weren’t ‘blind’ to the virus and had a way to test/track it sooner, then they could have shut specific cities where clusters were present, rather than the whole country. They had 2 months to prepare, but didn’t act until it was too late. This is going to go down in history as one of the most epic failures. Nothing like a good conspiracy theory about ‘population control’ to distract us from this very fact. 

We as a country were not ready for this. Regardless of who is or isn't president,  it wouldn't have mattered.  Our mentality of " it cant happen to us"  hurt us from the beginning,  and still continues today with the general public throwing parties.  The most important thing is how we recover and prepare for the next time

Again, on average 156,000 people die on Earth everyday.  So to put this in perspective,  since the end of October roughly 28 MILLION people have died on Earth.  That we know of 112k from corona.   We need to get a serious grip here.  We need to ask questions and think.  Don't just throw away conspiracy theories with blind trust in governments of any kind from any party.  

If corona is freaking you out please don't read Revelation 6 and 8.  1/4 of the population gone in  chapter 6 and another 1/3 in 8.  That's freightening.  If you live through that chances are you'll be assigned as grave digger or body mover.  

• Like 1

A young man down the street from me is leaving soon for marine corps boot camp. Because of all that is going on I thought I would give him a little something.  So got him pens, a journal, a bible, and stamps for his family, and my address if he wanted someone else to write to.  

Let's not forget about all the people that will be sharing a barracks together. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

@tdhoosier

I do not at all disagree about it being very contagious, which is why I dont think it is as deadly as we are being told.  

As for the "conspiracy theory"  maybe the governor of michigan shouldn't restrict people from buying garden seeds or from going fishing in a boat.  Or the mayor of LA shouldn't  offer rewards to people for snitching on others.  Or the talking drones in Elizabeth, NJ.  I believe at this point, governments are just seeing what they can get away with. 

Because of politicians just love pissing off their constituents? And they love losing money in their retirement accounts by shutting down the economy. Look, I think for the most part many politicians are as slimy as you. But they are slimy because of self preservation. This is the exact opposite of self preservation. The motive doesn’t add up IMO. 

Regarding deaths, it seems pretty deadly to me. Did you see this interactive graph last week relating COVID19 deaths to other diseases? 

23 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I don't think we can even remotely attach an accurate mortality rate to this.  The fact that many people who have the virus never show symptoms or have very minor symptoms separates it from the flu.  You know when you have the flu, so it is much easier to attach numbers to it/  That's not the case here.

As far as the U.S., and, for that matter, the world's reaction to the virus, we need to back the blame game up just a little bit.  In hindsight, was it slower than it needed to be?  Yes.  That's an easy call in hindsight.  But, when you have China doing everything possible to cover this up, and WHO making statements in mid to late January that there is no evidence of human to human transmission, what exactly should we expect? 

It's pretty doggone hard to make the 'right' decisions when 90% of the information you need is being withheld.  Or, even worse, you're given false and misleading information.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I have a tagline on my work email...it's a quote from Henry Ford...

"Don't find fault, find a remedy."

We can "Monday  Morning Quarterback" this to death, but all it's going to do is widen the fissures that are already apparent in our society...

Instead of wringing our hands over this, let's act as Americans always have...come together despite our differences and defeat this thing...do any little thing you can to help. 

Give blood if you can...

Volunteer if you can...

Help your neighbors if they need it...

Support our first responders and medical professionals...

Finger pointing serves no purpose at this point, beyond the obvious political opportunism I posted about earlier...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1