Coronavirus

Reacher

13 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

656 new confirmed cases in Indiana from yesterday...I still cannot fathom how Indiana will open things up soon as this is a single day high I believe...

https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/2393.htm

The inability for Indiana to show improvement in its numbers is bothersome.  We've been one of the more aggressive states in regards to locking down, yet when you cmpare our numbers to Kentucky, Tennessee, etc. we are way out of proportion.  And, as I mentioned earlier we are now ahead of Washington in cases and deaths.  Even compared to Ohio, which has a significantly larger population, our numbers are not good.

Based on deaths per 1 million residents, Indiana has the 11th worst rate among states.  

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The inability for Indiana to show improvement in its numbers is bothersome.  We've been one of the more aggressive states in regards to locking down, yet when you cmpare our numbers to Kentucky, Tennessee, etc. we are way out of proportion.  And, as I mentioned earlier we are now ahead of Washington in cases and deaths.  Even compared to Ohio, which has a significantly larger population, our numbers are not good.

Based on deaths per 1 million residents, Indiana has the 11th worst rate among states.  

Agreed. I'm very concerned we are going to try to open up the first week of May regardless of what the numbers are showing, and things are going to spiral out of control quickly. I hope I am wrong.

Edited by FritzIam4IU

14 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'd like to fight for you brother.  Hang in there.  You sound like the men who raised me.  

19 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Well Crap, that's a new twist! Early retirement!

Not to be unexpected though! We are going to reopen the plant Monday albeit with guidelines and even physical barriers to keep people separate! Wish us all luck, but this afternoon being in that age group I received an email about early retirement!

Yesterday as I was leaving the plant I joined a conversation with a handful of employees including our President. Our company can financially survive, we have no debt! But this last month as you can expect has been a disaster! Further since our primary customers are resteraunt s, school cafeterias and such our future business is not good in the short run/mid term run.

That being said, the particular problem I fall in has been 40 years in the making, back in the 80's and 90's when corporations sold their souls to ASIA, domestic tooling went into a death spiral! We now have inadequate tool build resources in America, companies no longer exist and the once lucrative trade of tool maker is a dying breed! Along with tooling engineers like me. Nobody is irreplaceable, but if I take early retirement, let's just say this companies latest and greatest product design overhaul goes indefinitely on hold. Young engineers and trades people shun Tool Making, it is really a sad state, because if you don't have tooling you don't build product!

Sorry for the 40 year old festering rant, I already let my boss know I have his back and I'm not retiring unless forced to.

Received the official personal offer! Haven't opened it yet, (in the mean time playing in the background on the radio is Four Non Blondes, 'Hey what's going On' how appropriate!)

Going to be a weekend of soul searching!!

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, milehiiu said:

ha. Mrs mile broke out the wok that laid dormant in the basement this month.  And pulled out the Chinese section of her cookbook.  After ordering delivery from our favorite Chinese restaurant, after they jacked their prices up. 

I probably should get a wok sometime.  At least by making it at home I can control ingredients and make it healthier. 

Saw this article come up I'm my suggestions

https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-states-green-river-killer-other-inmates-denied-coronavirus-release-in-5-4-vote

One vote away from releasing this guy...

Those narrowly missing a shot at freedom included Gary Ridgway, the so-called “Green River Killer,” who in 2003 was sentenced to life in prison after confessing to killing as many as 49 women in the 1980s, Seattle’s KIRO radio reported.

6 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Well a local judge entered an order this week that if you're in Harris County (Houston) and aren't wearing a mask in public, bam, up to $1,000 fine. I guess it's time I picked up some masks, lol. 

I used to know a time when the constitution separated the powers of government into the congressional, the judicial and the executive???

Edited by Drroogh

16 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Well a local judge entered an order this week that if you're in Harris County (Houston) and aren't wearing a mask in public, bam, up to $1,000 fine. I guess it's time I picked up some masks, lol. 

You may have a hard time tracking them down.  We ordered some online two weeks ago.  Delivery keeps getting delayed. Now scheduled for next Monday.   I had a medical appointment earlier this week and had to do a makeshift one out of a bandanna.

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You may have a hard time tracking them down.  We ordered some online two weeks ago.  Delivery keeps getting delayed. Now scheduled for next Monday.   I had a medical appointment earlier this week and had to do a makeshift one out of a bandanna.

Mrs. mile went to the grocery store the other day. Wearing a bandana. As the surgical mask she got from her doctor had done it's due diligence.  As she was leaving the store. A lady, who happened to be a nurse.... said "follow me".  And gave Mrs. mile a full unopened box of surgical masks. 

This was after we had ordered face respirators from Amazon.  No fee for delivery.  And though when we ordered them, we were told not to expect delivery until middle or late May. However, yesterday, Amazon e-mailed us to expect delivery this weekend.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Received the official personal offer! Haven't opened it yet, (in the mean time playing in the background on the radio is Four Non Blondes, 'Hey what's going On' how appropriate!)

Going to be a weekend of soul searching!!

Beat wishes in whatever direction your heart leads you.   

• Like 2

I remember that when this virus first started I was one that was not to worried about it and thought everything was being blown out of proportion.  Now going through it and seeing how bad it is, I was so wrong.  All I was worried about was losing the tournament and not looking at the big picture.

My problem when I recover and ready to go back to work is that I will have to go through training with my new company.  My department was taken over by another company but I stayed on to get all of my work caught up before moving to the new company.  With the lock down it will be hard to be able to in and train.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I remember that when this virus first started I was one that was not to worried about it and thought everything was being blown out of proportion.  Now going through it and seeing how bad it is, I was so wrong.  All I was worried about was losing the tournament and not looking at the big picture.

My problem when I recover and ready to go back to work is that I will have to go through training with my new company.  My department was taken over by another company but I stayed on to get all of my work caught up before moving to the new company.  With the lock down it will be hard to be able to in and train.

How are you doing?  Are your symptoms getting better?

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

How are you doing?  Are your symptoms getting better?

Actually the last two nights have been my worst.  My main symptoms are when I breath I have a burning feeling in my stomach and chest.  It is hard to try to get to sleep so I have been staying up late and then sleeping late.

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Actually the last two nights have been my worst.  My main symptoms are when I breath I have a burning feeling in my stomach and chest.  It is hard to try to get to sleep so I have been staying up late and then sleeping late.

Hang in there.  My thoughts and prayers are still with you.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Hang in there.  My thoughts and prayers are still with you.

The worst part is the boredom because I just stay in my room all day watching TV and not much on during the day.  I have caught up on some old shows like Matlock, In the Heat of the Night and the Walton's.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Lot's of new directions for a great many coming out of this! You with your new company, the people whos former jobs no longer exist, the young girl in the cubicle across from mine that resigned and went to a new job just a few weeks before the real s%$$ hit the fan. Each of us going forward into our own new NORMAL positions.

If you can? Time is now to start looking at career changes!

Whether you like it or not, your career is about to be changed!

I can only pray we all come out of this better people on the other side!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

You can throw on a bandana here to avoid the fine. I ordered several masks for the fam on Amazon today and have received a confirmation that the order shipped. Got some fairly pricey ones though, hit me for about a buck fifty for some biking/sports masks, washable, with filters and valves.

Realty is that we'll probably be wearing masks for a good portion of the summer to go to work -- man, small price to pay imo to get back to the office, being house-bound and stuck working from home has me actually missing the lousy commute

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

hope you feel and get better soon Scott. Best wishes man

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The worst part is the boredom because I just stay in my room all day watching TV and not much on during the day. 

Funny thing. Just today, I was running the lyrics of this song, through my mind.  In My Room 

Stay strong. Just know Hoosier Sports Nation is behind you.  Together, we will get through this.