Coronavirus

Reacher

28 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

And a new daily high in confirmed cases in IN...718 from yesterday. Cass County is exploding in cases in part due to the Tyson Plant outbreak.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/health/2020/04/25/indiana-coronavirus-cases-44-additional-deaths-718-new-cases/3020381001/

The number of cases does not bother me as much as the number of deaths.  I would expect the number of cases to go up as testing increases.  But, you would hope that the increased cases would primarily be of the mild variety as people take advantage of the availability of drive-thru testing, but they are not sick enough to be hospitalized.  

What's troublesome is that the number of deaths has not started to trend down at all.  And, until it does, I don't know how you can begin to re-open the state.  

News came out earlier this week that their is a nursing home facility in New Albany that has 63 positive cases (50 residents and 13 staff).  News like that is pretty sobering.

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The number of cases does not bother me as much as the number of deaths.  I would expect the number of cases to go up as testing increases.  But, you would hope that the increased cases would primarily be of the mild variety as people take advantage of the availability of drive-thru testing, but they are not sick enough to be hospitalized.  

What's troublesome is that the number of deaths has not started to trend down at all.  And, until it does, I don't know how you can begin to re-open the state.  

News came out earlier this week that their is a nursing home facility in New Albany that has 63 positive cases (50 residents and 13 staff).  News like that is pretty sobering.

I've heard rumor of a nursing home near me with 80+.  Can't say how I heard or where it is but some of you have followed me long enough and remember what I do and where and know it's probably legit.   

Nursing homes are getting hammered. My wife works at one. Little Keet’s pediatrician had her take FMLA due to his history of hospitalizations for pneumonia. Hopefully her facility can get it under control quickly so that she can go back to work. We know she was exposed prior to FMLA, but thankfully she tested negative. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

The meat packing plant in Greeley, Colorado that was closed due the virus. And had four employees die.  Reopened on Friday ( yesterday ).

Will be interesting to see if they truly have it under control or you see a resurgence with its reopening.

13 minutes ago, IU4Ever said:

Will be interesting to see if they truly have it under control or you see a resurgence with its reopening.

They have multiple tents set up outside of the plant. Manned with medical personnel.  However, some plant workers are concerned that not every one is going through the tents before entering the plant.  Then again. I am not sure about the reports, as there are some 14 different languages spoken by employees in the plant.  Perhaps some employees do not know what is required of them, before entering the plant.

Just now, 5fouls said:

This stay at home stuff is especially tough when the weather is so crappy.  If I only had a nice, sunny, 75 degree day to work in my yard.........

In the 70's the rest of the week in Denver.  80's next week.  Word is the virus cannot last long in this type of environment.  And sun is beneficial.  I still don't leave the house, considering my age, other than to get the paper in the morning, the mail in the afternoon, and the milk on Fridays.  However with this uptake in temps. I do take a chair from one of our patios, and place it in the center of the back yard to soak up the sun.

Stay safe 5.  Just know warmer weather is just around the corner.

With less money coming in now it’s very nice saving on gas every week.  I fill up now for $20, sometimes, instead of over $40-45. Would probably trade the savings on gas for the second income coming in...soon it’s going to be sketchy with bills. 

Edited by rd726

In two days since the state was re-opened, Georgia has reported a total of 13 deaths (8 yesterday and 5 today).  It will be interesting to see if this is a weekend reporting phenomenon or if  the state has really turned the corner.  And, if it had actually turned the corner, it will be interesting to see where the numbers are 2-3 weeks from now.  Will there be a spike as a result of re-opening things.