Coronavirus

Reacher

25 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Welp, unfortunately the 50% pay cut just became 100%. If you know anyone that needs an experienced marketer (specialize in brand, direct-to-consumer and digital marketing) whether full time or as a consultant let me know! 

Hate to hear that Gleas.  Whoever you land with will get a good one.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Thanks, Scott! I appreciate it. I'm hoping I can get approved. It's a bit of a weird situation, we're a startup and I'm a very small investor, meaning that I'm neither and employee or a 1099. 

I  in a strange situation with work is that my department was taken over by another company on ,3/25.  From then until I found out that I had the virus I was was getting my old work caught up.  I was being paid by my new company but hadn't started doing my new job or had not been trained. This is the first week I have went without a pay check so it is going to get tougher.

I also have not been in contact with this new company for a couple of weeks.

57 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I  in a strange situation with work is that my department was taken over by another company on ,3/25.  From then until I found out that I had the virus I was was getting my old work caught up.  I was being paid by my new company but hadn't started doing my new job or had not been trained. This is the first week I have went without a pay check so it is going to get tougher.

Best of luck, Scott! Wishing you good health and I hope the work situation gets figured out. We're definitely in some crazy times right now. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I am praying for you, and hope you get better soon. If you need help with getting unemployment I am here.  Had to do it myself about 8 yrs ago as a W2 employee, but helping my self employed wife and a lot of other previous ineligible people through it.

Go here. And file your claim ASAP. if you have any questions I will help you.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I am praying for you, and hope you get better soon. If you need help with getting unemployment I am here.  Had to do it myself about 8 yrs ago as a W2 employee, but helping my self employed wife and a lot of other previous ineligible people through it.

Go here. And file your claim ASAP. if you have any questions I will help you.

Not out of a job yet but not hearing from the is concerning.  Last week was the first week I had to use vacation time but this week they did not ask me about using another week of vacation.

4 hours ago, BGleas said:

Welp, unfortunately the 50% pay cut just became 100%. If you know anyone that needs an experienced marketer (specialize in brand, direct-to-consumer and digital marketing) whether full time or as a consultant let me know! 

That sucks Gleas - but keep your head up man the good thing is you know this is temporary and driven by this virus, which will pass and the job market / economy will rebound. 
That’s not much consolation now, and my best wishes for your speedy landing of your next gig, but I do think we’re closing in on getting past the economic meltdown 

11 hours ago, BGleas said:

Sorry to hear that, BGleas...I pray that we'll rebound from this whole thing soon...hang in there...

Sorry to hear. Very tough times for many. Hopefully you find something relatively soon. Besides the death numbers I've discussed many times the unemployment aspect of this pandemic really, really frightens me and not just now....90-180 days out as well.

So sorry to hear this.  Hope and pray everything works out and God Bless.

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Not out of a job yet but not hearing from the is concerning.  Last week was the first week I had to use vacation time but this week they did not ask me about using another week of vacation.

Scott, glad see that you are still with us! I was worried about you. For me, the worst part of signing up for unemployment was finding the stanking tab for setting up an account. If I remember right, it is buried in one of the drop down menus. 

• Thanks 1

Today would have been my daughter's graduation in Bloomington but we all know that will not be happening.  Her cap and gown was sent to my house so she came down and got it today.  I had to talk with her and her boyfriend through my front window and watch them take pictures.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Today would have been my daughter's graduation in Bloomington but we all know that will not be happening.  Her cap and gown was sent to my house so she came down and got it today.  I had to talk with her and her boyfriend through my front window and watch them take pictures.

Congratulations and sorry you couldn’t go out and see her. Feeling okay?  How is the new grand baby?

21 hours ago, BGleas said:

My prayers for you and Scott and everybody else!

After working a month remote, our plant opened back up with safety measures. We worked short staffed two weeks, unfortunately we manufacture commercial refrigeration and ice equipment for our biggest customer base the resteraunt industry! Needless to say our sales are not what they should be and will not be for probably years! Friday, all of Manufacturing was put on furlough! I'm one of the lucky few that gets to work next week because I've got a multi million dollar tooling project I've got to keep going, after that it's unemployment. I've got the feeling as well as my boss talking with him, that we will be on a cycle of producing product for a few weeks and shutting down for a few weeks for the foreseeable future!   

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I know all things are not the same for everybody and that cities like NY are at the greatest risk, but it seems the risk of opening up Georgia before anybody else didn't turn out to be the health disaster that was predicted!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgia-reports-lowest-number-covid-patients-in-a-month

I can tell you personally, that for the most part people here in Georgia are practicing health safety. And the economy is slowly opening up! 

• Like 1