Coronavirus

Reacher

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Today would have been my daughter's graduation in Bloomington but we all know that will not be happening.  Her cap and gown was sent to my house so she came down and got it today.  I had to talk with her and her boyfriend through my front window and watch them take pictures.

Getting some of her tuition back would be a nice graduation gift--https://www.foxnews.com/us/student-sues-indiana-university-tuition-reimbursement-covid-online-courses

13 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) Tweeted:
40% of all coronavirus deaths have been in nursing homes. Look at some of these state rates. Interesting read on states that have been providing this data: image.thumb.jpeg.4ed77984942bb88076c6a00c33edf8a5.jpeg

Very interesting.  Also, a little discouraging to see Indiana to have one of the lower percentages.  That means it is more prevalent in the general community here than in almost every ther state.  

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Very interesting.  Also, a little discouraging to see Indiana to have one of the lower percentages.  That means it is more prevalent in the general community here than in almost every ther state.  

As I drive around Indianapolis I have seen 20-30 deep porch parties going on.  Last weekend when the weather was amazing,  pontoons on Morse packed to the limit, waterfront decks full of partiers.  It was every bit as busy as 4th of July.  I counted 17 watercraft in my line of sight.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

As I drive around Indianapolis I have seen 20-30 deep porch parties going on.  Last weekend when the weather was amazing,  pontoons on Morse packed to the limit, waterfront decks full of partiers.  It was every bit as busy as 4th of July.  I counted 17 watercraft in my line of sight.  

It's sad.  I had hoped Hoosiers would be smarter than that.

1 hour ago, RoadToZion said:

Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) Tweeted:
40% of all coronavirus deaths have been in nursing homes. Look at some of these state rates. Interesting read on states that have been providing this data: image.thumb.jpeg.4ed77984942bb88076c6a00c33edf8a5.jpeg

Clay has been all over this. He's been a favorite of mine for years and his stance during this pandemic has been refreshing.

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Perfect storm coming. Things opening  up and much warmer weather headed this week. I still see people out but I see plenty of social distancing type get togethers. Large yards or parks with space between....but I must admit I'm only speaking a very narrow window of area in Indy/Carmel area. I don't venture out much anyway.

Have had a couple coworkers get off of work to be on quarantine because they live with people who have tested positive.  Guess what they decided to do?  One has been in Kentucky with his girlfriend for a month and the other is in Maryland partying with friends for a week. WTH?

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Yesterday we were so.bleseed to celebrate the graduation of my oldest son from college.  He graduated in 3 years,  played baseball and graduated with honors. 3.75 GPA and starts Grad school to become a Dr. Very proud of him. 

20200509_150436.jpg

If that's you in the yellow tie, your son looks awfully young to have graduated from college !  🤣

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Wish I were that handsome. He takes after mom thankfully 

Well you must have at least ONE good trait, since you married your wife! She's cute! Congrats on a great family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just remember.  If your hair-cut place of choice is already booked solid, your favorite restaurant has no available tables due to seating reductions, and if tattoos are not your thing, you can still visit your local massage parlor starting today.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Dr of physical therapy.  My daughter is a nurse at Riley in hematology and oncology because of the influence that nurses had in Aydens life.  Great question.  Thank you

Great field and 100% recession proof. Deal with PT's all the time...they can essentially name their price as they move forward in career. Glad to hear on all!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Just remember.  If your hair-cut place of choice is already booked solid, your favorite restaurant has no available tables due to seating reductions, and if tattoos are not your thing, you can still visit your local massage parlor starting today.    

No kidding. I really hope we here in Indiana see the same results as our comrades down south. After going to the Walmart garden center yesterday morning I'm a tad nervous on the reboot. People walking around the store....no gloves, masks, carrying their starbucks. I'm happy for those who want and get to go back to work...but I won't be partaking in any of this until I see some solid numbers in a couple of weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No kidding. I really hope we here in Indiana see the same results as our comrades down south. After going to the Walmart garden center yesterday morning I'm a tad nervous on the reboot. People walking around the store....no gloves, masks, carrying their starbucks. I'm happy for those who want and get to go back to work...but I won't be partaking in any of this until I see some solid numbers in a couple of weeks. 

I'm going to try and get a haircut sometime this week.  I don't have much to begin with, so when it gets a little shaggy, it just emphasizes the point.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm going to try and get a haircut sometime this week.  I don't have much to begin with, so when it gets a little shaggy, it just emphasizes the point.  

Have you tried that place in Warsaw?  "Razor Rico's" will fix you right up.

• Haha 2